Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Winston is the best Haskins comparison right now... he'll be out of the league once let go by the Bucs and that's not saying Haskins wont get better.

Winston just threw 30 INTs...but he also threw 30+ TDs and some coach will always bet he can fix that. If you think he's gonna be out of the league anytime soon at his young age you're crazy. This league is DYING for QBs with potential and another half dozen great or formerly great but ancient QBs are due to retire very soon in Brady, Brees, Rivers, Ben, etc. 

There's also a ton of analytical work ongoing arguing that INTs are not nearly as bad, in all situations, as they "seem". 

Note: I do not want Winston, I just find this conversation interesting. 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Winston just threw 30 INTs...but he also threw 30+ TDs and some coach will always bet he can fix that. If you think he's gonna be out of the league anytime soon at his young age you're crazy. This league is DYING for QBs with potential and another half dozen great or formerly great but ancient QBs are due to retire very soon in Brady, Brees, Rivers, Ben, etc. 

There's also a ton of analytical work ongoing arguing that INTs are not nearly as bad, in all situations, as they "seem". 

I'd argue that the 30 INTs aren't even the issue for Winston. It's the 7 pick sixes that are the problem. His penchant for forcing the ball and making mistakes just as often as a big play is an issue. His completion percentages are an issue. 

The guy threw a pick on 4.8% of his passes. He also was sacked on 7% of his passes. He fumbled 12 times.

The guy is a walking turnover/sack machine.

He will get a flyer. Throwing for 5000 yards is one of those things that gets coaches fired.

But he is as bad as he seems. Exciting as hell, though! If we were set to suck again, I'd be hoping for Jameis. Adds some flavor... one of every five Jameis plays something exciting was happening! :ols:

15 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

sure, that makes sense.  how many INTs were the result of recievers running the wrong routes, how many were were tipped at some point is the big one?  I mean as soon as someone else touches that ball it's out of the QBs control

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'd argue that the 30 INTs aren't even the issue for Winston. It's the 7 pick sixes that are the problem. His penchant for forcing the ball and making mistakes just as often as a big play is an issue. His completion percentages are an issue. 

The guy threw a pick on 4.8% of his passes. He also was sacked on 7% of his passes. He fumbled 12 times.

The guy is a walking turnover/sack machine.

He will get a flyer. Throwing for 5000 yards is one of those things that gets coaches fired.

But he is as bad as he seems. Exciting as hell, though! If we were set to suck again, I'd be hoping for Jameis. Adds some flavor... one of every five Jameis plays something exciting was happening! :ols:

Don't disagree at all, I just bet he gets more than another "flyer" or two in the league, too many inadequate QBs out there. 

Once he washes out he will be the biggest star the XFL ever has though, if it's still around by then. 

On 1/6/2020 at 11:50 AM, KDawg said:

Henry plays less games/season than Jordan Reed.

Hard pass.

His one complete season lost to ACL tear is what skews the average. I don't think it is an apples to apples comparison. 

Also he has played 41 games over 4 seasons  while Reed has played 65 over 7. I am pretty sure that is more games/season that Reed. 

29 minutes ago, skeenzfan said:

His one complete season lost to ACL tear is what skews the average. I don't think it is an apples to apples comparison. 

Also he has played 41 games over 4 seasons  while Reed has played 65 over 7. I am pretty sure that is more games/season that Reed. 

You’re right! I added from the wrong columns :ols:

good catch.

Reed 58% of games.

Henry 64% of games.

Would it make sense to bring in a big name vet to challenge DH with the idea that the vet could likely open the season as the starter? Someone like Andy Dalton comes to mind, a guy who wouldn't get a ton of money (some guaranteed but mostly incentive laiden contract) but would come here thinking he could win the job with a new coach in place here. I really believe Dwayne could not only benefit from the competition but could also use an experienced starting QB to come in and demonstrate what it takes to make it in the league.....a mentor/reference so to speak. I think we need an upgrade over Case and Colt, someone who Dwayne sees as a serious threat to his job.

I doubt Teddy would want to leave NO to compete against Snyder's QB here.

ESPN's Mike Triplett said it will "likely take a special situation to pry [Teddy Bridgewater] away" from the Saints this offseason.

Bridgewater is an unrestricted free agent, but Triplett isn't so sure he'll leave after going 5-0 with the Saints as Drew Brees' backup. Bridgewater not only loves the coaching staff and players in New Orleans but also feels like the city is the right fit for him. Triplett believes a "good team" that won't be drafting a quarterback in 2020 would be the only type of team that could get Bridgewater to not re-sign with the Saints. There's simply not many of those teams out there that don't already have a franchise quarterback. It's possible that Brees and Bridgewater return for next season as the Saints look to get revenge for their early-round exit from the playoffs.

Our new OC was very instrumental in getting Kyle Allen to the Panthers.

Whilst Allen is an exclusive rights FA and quite easy from them to hold onto, he may well be let go under their new regime or we could get him in here via trade for a late round pick at most I'd say.

Could be a cost effective back up to Haskins, with familiarity in the system and with the staff, if that is the desired option.

6 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I think it's nailed on we will have a vet QB challenging Haskins. Bridgewater is a good shout from earlier in the thread. 

Someone will be here, but I don't see anyone that the Redskins might sign being good enough that fans would actually want that person to start. It's more of a fail safe if Haskins implodes

8 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Would it make sense to bring in a big name vet to challenge DH with the idea that the vet could likely open the season as the starter? Someone like Andy Dalton comes to mind, a guy who wouldn't get a ton of money (some guaranteed but mostly incentive laiden contract) but would come here thinking he could win the job with a new coach in place here. I really believe Dwayne could not only benefit from the competition but could also use an experienced starting QB to come in and demonstrate what it takes to make it in the league.....a mentor/reference so to speak. I think we need an upgrade over Case and Colt, someone who Dwayne sees as a serious threat to his job.

Alex Smith is in house, will he be able to play is the question...

7 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Whilst Allen is an exclusive rights FA and quite easy from them to hold onto, he may well be let go under their new regime or we could get him in here via trade for a late round pick at most I'd say.

Could be a cost effective back up to Haskins, with familiarity in the system and with the staff, if that is the desired option.

This is a good idea. He should be cheap for another two seasons. Would give us $3m+ im savings on a backup to use elsewhere 

@HTTRDynasty Glasgow is someone I'd been looking at as well. I reckon he will get well paid, but I would see him as an option if we decide to move on from Scherff.....unless we really do want to invest heavily in OL...

I do think we should consider an upgrade at centre, where he'd fit too.

Depends on where we want to invest in FA I guess.

11 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I doubt Teddy would want to leave NO to compete against Snyder's QB here.

ESPN's Mike Triplett said it will "likely take a special situation to pry [Teddy Bridgewater] away" from the Saints this offseason.

Bridgewater is an unrestricted free agent, but Triplett isn't so sure he'll leave after going 5-0 with the Saints as Drew Brees' backup. Bridgewater not only loves the coaching staff and players in New Orleans but also feels like the city is the right fit for him. Triplett believes a "good team" that won't be drafting a quarterback in 2020 would be the only type of team that could get Bridgewater to not re-sign with the Saints. There's simply not many of those teams out there that don't already have a franchise quarterback. It's possible that Brees and Bridgewater return for next season as the Saints look to get revenge for their early-round exit from the playoffs.

Come March, all three of those Saints QBs are free agents (Taysom Hill is a restricted FA). They won't be able to keep all three, and my guess is that Brees gets a swan song contract (something with 2 yrs guaranteed), and they keep Hill around. I'd love to have Bridgewater, but the cost relative to our cap situation could be prohibitive. He has already turned the Dolphins down once, so they're off the table. Maybe Tampa or the Raiders?

17 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I don't hate this idea, assuming the coaches think Allen is still improving.

Eric Ebron truly is the Zach Brown of offense

UNC alum - check

Flameout w first team - check

Pro Bowl w 2nd team in 1st yr - check

Underachieving After - check

Elite Athlete for Position - check

One Dimensional - check

Attitude Problem - check

May be worth signing to an incentive laden 1 yr deal but I would probably avoid

I think both Olsen and Delanie Walker will be released by their teams. Both guys are super old - Olsen is 34 and Walker is 35. However, it may be worth it to take a low risk bet on one of these guys for at least a backup role. Both of them are well rounded guys who can do it all

Archived