Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

A year earlier than we would have gotten it, IF he signed a big deal, and IF we don't wipe that pick out with spending this offseason.

49ers won’t resign him and they don’t have cap to offset his signing. So they will get the comp 3rd. Not a bad deal for rental to make a Super Bowl run this year. Give up a late 3rd and recoup a late 3rd a year later. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Glad they are able to get something for both Ends.

Now, they need to fire the rest of the front office including the Team President.

All vestiges of the Snyder Era should come to an end. 

Thank you, Chase. Thank you, Montez. Wishing you guys good health and success... but not when you play us.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Watch him flourish and have a Hall of Fame career…

Him and Trent will retire 49ers...

24 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

49ers third is probably pick 28 to 32 in the third. Basically same as a comp pick.

manyks-humorfortukey.gif

Edited by Renegade7

2 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Someone smarter than me, please help it make sense. We traded the #2 overall pick for essentially the same thing we would have received had we lost him to free agency.

That pick though would have been contingent on money we then spent in free agency. That pick also wouldn't have come until 2025. This is a guaranteed pick a year earlier.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

43 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

A CONDITIONAL 3rd round pick? So we might not even get a 3rd? Just piss poor value.

I absolutely HATE this trade. Why not resign him, let him continue to play well and trade him for more value next season? There’s no reason to think he’ll be bad. No reason him to trade him for what equates to a comp pick. 

I’d like to know who is making the decisions on these trades. Is it the same brilliant minds that built a team without an OLine? Because that would explain a lot.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

I absolutely HATE this trade. Why not resign him, let him continue to play well and trade him for more value next season? There’s no reason to think he’ll be bad. No reason him to trade him for what equates to a comp pick. 

I’d like to know who is making the decisions on these trades. Is it the same brilliant minds that built a team without an OLine? Because that would explain a lot.

Maybe that's the plan? I am really surprised by this trade. Really surprised. I thought he'd be here through the end of the end of the year maybe resigned on a moderately expensive contract.

I saw a tweet from Rusinni saying ownership was heavily involved in trading Young and Sweat.

48 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Watch him flourish and have a Hall of Fame career…

lol.. yes because that has happened how many time with Ex- washington players?    These guys are overrated..  Both sweat and young are basically Orakpo... good pass rushers that will average 6-10 sacks a year, but will be paid top of the market money. Myles Garret they are not.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

49er and Bears fans sound like us when we paired at Young with Sweat in '20. That 1st game vs Philly we all thought we'd put together a freakish line that was gonna go down as one of the greats, be in the conversation with the "85 Bears and those 80's Giants teams, the 90's Eagles and many other great defenses.. It never worked out.. They never came close.. What a failed experiment.. I mean truly epic.. GL to CY in San Fran..

• Like 1