Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

1 hour ago, Conn said:

yeah if there’s anything I want to see to prove to me Chase Young is growing into a franchise player, it’s him continuing to freelance for glory 🙄 

He freelanced before (and wasnt alone) and is still here so what's changed besides not really doing much on the field for 34 months?  Being a cheerleader on the sidelines aside.

Is it the scheme or is it the studs we keep drafting and handcuffing them in JRDs scheme, that are going to get the turnovers to magically appear. Defense is all about generating turnovers that's all we really hear about, besides acknowledging our LBs are among the leagues collective worst. 🙄

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

He freelanced before (and wasnt alone) and is still here so what's changed besides not really doing much on the field for 34 months?  Being a cheerleader on the sidelines aside.

Is it the scheme or is it the studs we keep drafting and handcuffing them in JRDs scheme, that are going to get the turnovers to magically appear. Defense is all about generating turnovers that's all we really hear about, besides acknowledging our LBs are among the leagues collective worst. 🙄

Maybe it's not a case of these "studs" being handcuffed, but rather the "studs" not being actual studs in the first place?  We know that Allen & Payne are studs, no doubt about that, but we have yet to see the hype match the actual production for Young & Sweat.  Until it does, they haven't earned the right to be called studs.  By the way, when they did freelance in that 2021 season (you know the season in which both Young & Sweat proclaimed that the team would break the NFL sack record), they looked MUCH worse freelancing then they did playing under JDR's system.  Young has been a stud at cheerleading on the sidelines I'll give him that.  I'll believe the hype when I see it.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Maybe it's not a case of these "studs" being handcuffed, but rather the "studs" not being actual studs in the first place?  We know that Allen & Payne are studs, no doubt about that, but we have yet to see the hype match the actual production for Young & Sweat.  Until it does, they haven't earned the right to be called studs.  By the way, when they did freelance in that 2021 season (you know the season in which both Young & Sweat proclaimed that the team would break the NFL sack record), they looked MUCH worse freelancing then they did playing under JDR's system.  Young has been a stud at cheerleading on the sidelines I'll give him that.  I'll believe the hype when I see it.

True dat. A big part of judging players performance comes down to draft position. We can go years and see a player is mediocre yet still be irritated that they never measured up to expectations after being taken 2 overall ahead of a bunch of stud QBs. We're bitter ****s when our beloved stars were only stars in our heads. And of course, blame the player, never their coach.

I am not sold on Mathis or Quan living up to 2nd round expectations but think its healthy to pump the ****ing hype brakes and let guys just play - what they are is what they are. The wildcard is again, how they are used. Mathis two gapping is simply not going to turn heads. If you never use a player to their strengths its not maximizing the return on investment. 

Edited by RandyHolt

11 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Never touched the stuff. 

Saw a softball sized crack ball on the mean streets of Vancouver tho. Nunchuck fight too. 🤣

My dad lived in Vancouver. When I was visiting him he sent me back to put money in the meter.  I saw cops run into a bank, I looked through the window and saw they had a guy spread eagle against the counter by the tellers. Then he bolts, running right towards me and smashing through the glass door right next to me before running up the street with cops, slipping on the broken glass, in pursuit.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

17 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I was afraid you were going to say that.

IMG_1203.gif.da3d0c073e388ce6301e94fbc403fbd5.gif

I love you but being a pillar of the community and all, if anyone were to find out who I am and the type of things I say on here, it would ruin me.

I had a girl I was dating find me on here once and started putting stuff on FB. Years ago when I was active in the tailgate. Freaking weird.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Never touched the stuff. 

Saw a softball sized crack ball on the mean streets of Vancouver tho. Nunchuck fight too. 🤣

You know how I know that's the truth? Because you can't make up that ****... :rofl89:

7 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Possibly no Chase in game one..  unreal

I went back to watch Sam throw in the Dallas game, and there was CY99 playing all game.  

I recall he got back in last year, but some folks said no way… he was rehabbing.

now he’s gone hurt himself again?

bust

• Like 1

This has been one hell of a stinger. Must have been from a murder hornet. R.I.P Chase. You have been one of the best and highest paid cheerleaders here and we will never forget your service and smile. 

In all seriousness, I really hope he gets his career turned around. It’s not too late, but time is ticking. He’s still only 24. Plenty of time to still mature and make an impact. I just don’t know if it will be us or someone else. I would be thrilled if he became the dominant player that we need at his position, but I’m not counting on it. I will continue to root for him while he is on this team and in life. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Idaho fan said:

Possibly no Chase in game one..  unreal

Just one loss away from having Burrow.  SMH

They still would have taken Chase.  No way Dan was going to move away from Haskins, the QB he overruled his whole organization to draft.  

If he misses the beginning of the season and comes back average at best, he should be traded before the deadline.