Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

9 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Lol. Ok. You're right. I forgot Chase is a bust and he along with the rest of the front 4 had nothing to do with holding a GB team to their second lowest yard output, point total of the season in which they'd faced some pretty potent defenses including SF, Pitts and yes even Cincy.

Hes okay.  He's (so far) been a B- player.  Theres nothing wrong with that in a vaccum but as a #2 overall pick, he's a bust so far.  And I dont know why you keep mentioning the front 4 in the Chase Young thread. He's only evaluating Chase here.  

Also, when one team only scores 7 points, the other team (and stay with me here) especially when they are very good and potent offensively, tend to tuck it in and do just enough to gaurantee victory.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

And your predictability of sticking by an opinion when you believe it's correct and then running like a coward for a year when you believe is incorrect is pathetic.

Calling people cowards is a little harsh but I understand you’re a little upset, lol. When I left he was still mediocre. Not sure what revisionist history you got going on. Keep the insults coming though.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Bust is strong. He's been disappointing and underachieving but I won't say bust.

DL just aren't that impactful especially in today's NFL. If you get 15 sacks a season that's still less than a sack a game on average.

Well hes on pace for about 3 or 4.  What do you call that?

*So far* (emphasise on so far...did I emphasize it enough?  *so far*...meaning he could still rebound...but, *so far*) he's been nowhere near worth a #2 overall pick.  

In other words, a bust.

Not ready to call him a bust but quite yet but I do think it reasonable to question his commitment, especially as pertains to his training regime. He was “training” away from camp early this year and everything about that decision looks bad. To me, I don’t think he put in the work, developed the stamina or put on the muscle-mass he needed to take the next steps.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Well hes on pace for about 3 or 4.  What do you call that?

*So far* (emphasise on so far...did I emphasize it enough?  *so far*...meaning he could still rebound...but, *so far*) he's been nowhere near worth a #2 overall pick.  

In other words, a bust.

well considering any time he gets one it gets called call back as roughing it's hard to judge

• Thumb down 2

1 minute ago, FuriousD said:

Not ready to call him a bust but quite yet but I do think it reasonable to question his commitment, especially as pertains to his training regime. He was “training” away from camp early this year and everything about that decision looks bad. To me, I don’t think he put in the work, developed the stamina or put on the muscle-mass he needed to take the next steps.

He worked this offseason, he just didn't work on the right things. Instead of focusing on pass rush technique and skill refinement he was focused on building up his body.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FuriousD said:

I wouldn’t question his fitness. It is fair to question his commitment to improve his technique. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrJL said:

well considering any time he gets one it gets called call back as roughing it's hard to judge

This is loser talk and also, no, its not.  Its incredibly easy to judge if you remove the expectations, take the results, and compare them to the expectations.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

This is loser talk and also, no, its not.  Its incredibly easy to judge if you remove the expectations, take the results, and compare them to the expectations.

any time you hear something that doesn't allow you to criticize as much as you want "oh, that's loser talk."  I'm sick of hearing it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrJL said:

any time you hear something that doesn't allow you to criticize as much as you want "oh, that's loser talk."  I'm sick of hearing it

Thats perfectly applicable to a great many things in life, but sports is literally about winning and losing.  And on a smaller scale, helping your team win by producing meaningful plays, which are usually judged by statistical analysis.

The wft havent done much winning, and Chase Young hasnt done much statistical producing.  I'm sick of hearing it.

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

The wft havent done much winning, and Chase Young hasnt done much statistical producing.  I'm sick of hearing it.

Hard to argue with it.

Chase was great last year...this year, at the very least, he's regressed.  

56 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

Calling people cowards is a little harsh but I understand you’re a little upset, lol. When I left he was still mediocre. Not sure what revisionist history you got going on. Keep the insults coming though.

Lmao when you left he was crowned Defensive Rookie of the Year and a Pro Bowler.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Hard to argue with it.

Chase was great last year...this year, at the very least, he's regressed.  

Lmao when you left he was crowned Defensive Rookie of the Year and a Pro Bowler.  

I left weeks before that. Had nothing to do with Chase, lol. You guys crack me up that you even remember. 

Nick Bosa rookie year

80 pressures

Chase Young rookie year

39 pressures

Wasn’t even close. It was all hype. Very little production to warrant a pro bowl spot. DPOY was just lack of competition. Like who else was there?

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

Another piss performance by Chase Dung - everyone else on the DL was at least making plays - at this point he is the biggest liability on the DL.  You can see how teams are exploiting his undisciplined play.  Hilarious he was too "good" to show up for OTAs - at minimum dude drank his own kool aid and needs a strong course correction by someone way smarter than he is

• Like 2

I’m sure he’ll be a decent player eventually but to justify going #2 you have to be more Myles Garrett and less Brian Orakpo. Not a bad player but not a difference maker and that alone makes the pick look iffy on hindsight. 

Extremely disappointing but again, that’s pretty on brand for this franchise. It’s our fault for buying into the hype. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I’m sure he’ll be a decent player eventually but to justify going #2 you have to be more Myles Garrett and less Brian Orakpo. Not a bad player but not a difference maker and that alone makes the pick look iffy on hindsight. 

Extremely disappointing but again, that’s pretty on brand for this franchise. It’s our fault for buying into the hype. 

Less...

Brian Orakpo?

Brian Orakpo first two seasons: 19.5 sacks, 2 FF, 2 PD, 106 tackles, 22 TFL

Chase Young (last season+ extrapolated total for this season): 12 sacks, 7 FF, 7 PD, 3 FR, 99 tackles, 19 TFL.

He's better at contact and around the ball than Orakpo. And that's clear as day. But what he's not better at is rushing the passer. At least through this point. Young's stats can curve upwards very quickly. 

But he's not even Rak yet. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Less...

Brian Orakpo?

Brian Orakpo first two seasons: 19.5 sacks, 2 FF, 2 PD, 106 tackles, 22 TFL

Chase Young (last season+ extrapolated total for this season): 12 sacks, 7 FF, 7 PD, 3 FR, 99 tackles, 19 TFL.

He's better at contact and around the ball than Orakpo. And that's clear as day. But what he's not better at is rushing the passer. At least through this point. Young's stats can curve upwards very quickly. 

But he's not even Rak yet. 

I think thats his point though...Garrett >>>>>>>> Orakpo.

He needs to be more like the former than the latter to pay off the draft spot.  And at this point, its debatable if hes been as impactful as Orakpo.

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

He worked this offseason, he just didn't work on the right things. Instead of focusing on pass rush technique and skill refinement he was focused on building up his body.

On a beach in Miami while the rest of the team was........well for lack of a better term, being a team. He doesn't tackle....he should have blown up dudes today before the whistle was blown, but he just pulled up and watched his team mates tackle.

8 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

On a beach in Miami while the rest of the team was........well for lack of a better term, being a team. He doesn't tackle....he should have blown up dudes today before the whistle was blown, but he just pulled up and watched his team mates tackle.

Like I said before I don't mind guys skipping OTAs and working out on their own but you better ball out. Trent Williams skipped em every year but churned out Pro Bowl season after Pro Bowl season.