Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

26 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I grew so tired of the tv guys constantly showing Chase, talking about Chase constantly when he didn't make a damned play.  Give it a rest and focus on the players who were playing better.

Yeah it was dumb on NBC's star track or whatever they show Brady's stats, even Heinecke's stats, then they show Young who had like 40 QB rushes and I think 1 hit? lmfao come on man. I love Young but he got dominated yesterday. He's not elite yet.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I grew so tired of the tv guys constantly showing Chase, talking about Chase constantly when he didn't make a damned play.  Give it a rest and focus on the players who were playing better.

The producers prepare a limited amount of special material on certain players, and the announcers often don't seem to be able to deviate from that. Give Dungy credit, though. By the 4th quarter, he was raving about Heinicke's play almost nonstop. Tirico was sticking to the script more (Brady and Chase).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah it was dumb on NBC's star track or whatever they show Brady's stats, even Heinecke's stats, then they show Young who had like 40 QB rushes and I think 1 hit? lmfao come on man. I love Young but he got dominated yesterday. He's not elite yet.

He’s elite. He’s just not Aaron Donald. Outside rushers have quiet games sometimes. 

Over the last 6 weeks of the season the only defensive player that PFF graded higher was Khalil Mack, and that was by 0.1 points. He was one of only 3 players to be top 10 in psd rush win rate and run stop %...as a rookie. 

He needs a better bull rush and inside power move. His inside speed moves are already good. If he could get his bull rush to the level of Montez Sweat even, he’d immediately be a 12-13 sack player. 

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

He’s elite. He’s just not Aaron Donald. Outside rushers have quiet games sometimes. 

Over the last 6 weeks of the season the only defensive player that PFF graded higher was Khalil Mack, and that was by 0.1 points. He was one of only 3 players to be top 10 in psd rush win rate and run stop %...as a rookie. 

He needs a better bull rush and inside power move. His inside speed moves are already good. If he could get his bull rush to the level of Montez Sweat even, he’d immediately be a 12-13 sack player. 

Agreed. He does tend to be pushed outside on rushes a lot. He's gotta do a better job of learning how to disguise his momentum.

6 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

The fact that he needs to learn all that makes him not elite. He's good to very good. But I think next year he'll make that elite jump.

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

Mild ankle sprain, no biggy. I hope he learned his lesson, only let your play on the field do the talking ;)

Nope! Just live and be yourself. He’ll be alright. 

39 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Agreed. He does tend to be pushed outside on rushes a lot. He's gotta do a better job of learning how to disguise his momentum.

Great game for him to watch again, again, and again during the off season. Pretty amazing to watch how connected Brady is with the Ts and understanding the depth and lines to avoid. Chase probably felt he was winning at times but Tom really doesn’t get much depth at all in the pocket and as I type this probably he big reason why he struggles with interior pressure. 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Agree. This is what I saw in his last few college games against decent tackles. He has a strong straight ahead bull rush but it is hard to overpower a guy who is 50 lbs heavier and who is training constantly to push a pass rusher outside and behind the pocket. Easier for the tackle if the pass rusher wants to go outside all the time by himself. One trick pony. Saw this many times. Happens when a guy who can overpower everyone when he is growing up so he does not have to develope correct technique as he can dominate with his natural strength. Problem happens when he gets to big time college and then the pros and everyone he goes up against are just as strong if not stronger and they have correct blocking techniques. That is when they have to develope some moves as a one dimensional pass rush is easy to coach against. Young needs a good fake to the outside then a strong switch to a inside rush with his right arm inside of the tackle. Is the Tampa line that strong? I do not recall one holding penalty against them all night. Think we did not get to Brady until the end when they replaced their center with a backup.

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

It's almost like maybe Chase Young hit the "rookie wall".  He really didn't seem himself last night. 

Also, the playoffs ratchet up the intensity level. Not many rookies are ready for that, from all the years I've watched.

Chase had a great rookie year and is set to be a "Monster of the Mid-Atlantic" for years to come. He'll be even better if the WFT can find some LBs and DBs who are capable of making the opposing QB hold the ball just a little longer. Brady had guys open almost instantly, and he's never going to hold the ball for more than a split second in that circumstance.

• Like 1

Man, I swear some of you try really hard to appear unbiased or something by saying Chase sucked or hit the rookie wall or should let his play do the talking, etc. Such an over correction.

I’m not going to say he did well yesterday. He definitely had issues and wasn’t the dominant force he’s been the past month. But I’m sure that was helped by... I dunno, scheming around him, or Brady’s pocket awareness, or any other number of factors. 

I look forward to our DROY’s jump next year to bring more consistently elite. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

It's almost like maybe Chase Young hit the "rookie wall".  He really didn't seem himself last night. 

The NFL is filled with real good left tackles. It is a priority for every team. You are not going up against a guy from Miami of Ohio or the university of Cincinnati anymore. You are up against the best and their main job is to stone you and they get paid real good when they can do it so they work hard at it. Left tackles in the NFL are monsters these days. A must in this pitch and catch league.

4 minutes ago, Rskins91 said:

Man, I swear some of you try really hard to appear unbiased or something by saying Chase sucked or hit the rookie wall or should let his play do the talking, etc. Such an over correction.

I’m not going to say he did well yesterday. He definitely had issues and wasn’t the dominant force he’s been the past month. But I’m sure that was helped by... I dunno, scheming around him, or Brady’s pocket awareness, or any other number of factors. 

I look forward to our DROY’s jump next year to bring more consistently elite. 

Relax man, nobody is saying that he didn't have a phenomenal season.  You are the one over correcting.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

The fact that he needs to learn all that makes him not elite. He's good to very good. But I think next year he'll make that elite jump.

He needs to work on his pass rush skills.  He really had nothing last night against a top LT.  He hesitated off the ball and went outside almost every time.  He looked slower to me than usual.