Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

I figured Haskins would take a beating for the virus. However, I would ask people to remember Coach has cancer and is getting treatment.s Those treatments reduce your immune system. If Haskins has a virus of any kind he should not be around Rivera at all. And really no need for him to be around anyone.

I 100% agree with the benching and figure Haskins is gone after this season. But let's also remember these are actual people, not machines. 

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

LMAO 

Do you have some kind of proof other than the team said so?

As the great George Carlin would say, get ****in real.

Nobody would lie about throwing up and having a stomach virus. This isn’t him faking it. 

Just now, goskins10 said:

I figured Haskins would take a beating for the virus. However, I would ask people to remember Coach has cancer and is getting treatment.s Those treatments reduce your immune system. If Haskins has a virus of any kind he should not be around Rivera at all. And really no need for him to be around anyone.

I 100% agree with the benching and figure Haskins is gone after this season. But let's also remember these are actual people, not machines. 

Exactly. Staying home is the right move 

I compare this to an employee who calls in sick after getting disciplined at work. You have two options you can take your punishment like an adult grow from it and continue to support the team, or you act immature with a “ill show them attitude” and do things like call out sick. 

Haskins could have won everyone over by being a huge cheerleader in practice, and on the sidelines during the game but instead he was pouting, and showing poor work ethic (leaked report) and the ultimate show of immaturity “I’m sick”, usually step 4 of the bad employee handbook. 

I say good riddance he has shown us what he is all about, now this team can move on without him in the plans. Shouldn’t have been drafted in the first place with little to no true college action and himself saying he doesn’t “love football”. 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Nobody would lie about throwing up and having a stomach virus. This isn’t him faking it. 

I had a buddy in high school who drank ipecac so hed be sent home. 🙂

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

There is no such thing as a “stomach virus”.

You can have nausea as a result of influenza or you can have food poisoning...or you can be hungover.

Haskins is phoning it in.  And we all know it.

Uh Norovirus? 

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

I don't want to sound insensitive...but the reality is that cancer isn't contagious. Rivera on the sideline is a different set of issues than having Haskins on the sideline. So, providing that Haskins really does have the flu, having him on the sideline when he's been throwing up--in the middle of a pandemic and with a coach battling cancer--might not be a smart move. It doesn't have much of anything to do with what each man can put up with to be part of the game and team. (Not saying anything you said was wrong, by the way, just using your post as a jumping off point)

Lol I guess fans will excuse just about anything.

This guy is almost certainly pouting at home with a "stomach bug" while the head coach is getting chemo all week and needing IVs all during the game just to stay upright. And somehow I'm supposed to feel bad for Dwayne?

FOH

3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

This guy is almost certainly pouting at home with a "stomach bug" while the head coach is getting chemo all week and needing IVs all during the game just to stay upright. And somehow I'm supposed to feel bad for Dwayne?

FOH

No, I think that it's some people don't gleefully state their opinion as fact and ridicule anyone who doesn't agree.

Oh yeah I forgot all about Rivera's cancer too in relation to Haskins. That makes Haskins even WORSE and MORE immature. Like dude your coach is literally getting IV treatments at halftime. You can't sack up and support your team from the sidelines? In a HOME game?(so its not like he has to fly anywhere)

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

No, I think that it's some people don't gleefully state their opinion as fact and ridicule anyone who doesn't agree.

I can state as fact that DH has been an entitled diva since draft night and has only reinforced that fact through last season and now 1/4 into the 2020 season. There's a segment of the fanbase and media that want to paint the guy as some sort of victim and in this case there is nothing to indicate that being true.

2 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

FOH

And i guess people will attack others for little to no reason. 

No one asking you to do anything. I do not particularly like him. I didn't want the team to draft him. But that does not mean you lose all humanity.

Here are the facts -

Haskins was not going to be active. 

Coach Rivera's immunity is down from his cancer treatment. 

The team doctor told Haskins to stay home 

So a guy get sick, could affect others, he is not part of the game plan, so let him stay home. It's not about feeling sorry for him or anyone. It's the smart thing to do for the team. 

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

There is no such thing as a “stomach virus”.

You can have nausea as a result of influenza or you can have food poisoning...or you can be hungover.

Haskins is phoning it in.  And we all know it.

Call it a virus or whatever, as the father of a 1st grader, I can tell you definitively there are non-influenza "bugs," whether they be virus or bacterial related, which are massively contagious, and really messy.  Last year, 2/3rds of my daughter's class, including my daughter, caught whatever the hell is was in December, and was puking for 3 days.  My daughter got so bad we had to take her to the hospital for fluids.  They tested her for influenza, which was negative, and a bunch of other things (such as appendicitis), and came up with a "shrug, it's some type of an infection of the stomach, we don't really know what it is, keep her hydrated and call us if it doesn't improve."  The IV and zophran (anti-nausea medication they give to cancer patients) helped tremendously, and a couple days later she was fine.

All this to say, you can have something going on which is related to more than what you listed above.

And having said that, it's damn convenient Haskins has this the week he was demoted.  I am not going to question whether he does or not, but it is massively convenient.

3 minutes ago, megared said:

Because learning from a consummate professional like Ryan Kerrigan, and being rotated in and out of a UNIT, is the same as being the starting QB...who was afforded no such luxuries (or even the benefit of being developed).  And being a DT is a lot less low profile.  

It sure would've been nice if we had a Ryan Kerrigan like QB, that could've pushed Haskins on and off the field.  (Before you bring Alex up, he was rehabbing).   

You can’t dismiss Alex’s mentorship. Dwayne has admitted it. He didn’t seek out Case (backing up a young QB in Baker) or Colt (backing up a young QB in Jones)

He also had a plethora of former QBs on the coaching staff or FO last year as well

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Oh yeah I forgot all about Rivera's cancer too in relation to Haskins. That makes Haskins even WORSE and MORE immature. Like dude your coach is literally getting IV treatments at halftime. You can't sack up and support your team from the sidelines? In a HOME game?(so its not like he has to fly anywhere)

I go the other way, If he truly has something he shouldn't be anywhere near the team, especially Rivera, because Rivera is already immune compromised, and having somebody there who is contagious would be beyond irresponsible.  

Archived