Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

18 minutes ago, volsmet said:

The Vols & the Redskins ... ruining the Fall since 1999. But, at least we have our Wizards. 

To ruin the spring and summer for us too?  😆😄😅😓😥😰

The Redskins are my troubled marriage that can be made tolerable by having it be an open one.

The Wizards are my problem child with the drug addiction and money problems who I will always love and hope will get it together and stop hurting me so much one day.

Re: Mack Brown, I see what you mean about him not being a sexy enough name at the time because he's older.  But damn, I see UNC playing right now and they are obviously having a ton of fun and they look confident, and as a vicarious VT and GT fan (my father and father in law are alums), I'm envious.  What a great coach.  And what a great fit for the culture of the Carolina region.  I would want to play for him.  If he sticks around, he could really build something in the Coastal.

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

So everyone will be high and mighty about this after next week. When it we fail week after week after we play the Dolphins.

I would bet money this is why he was fired today. Bruce is the type to think that would work. And Dan is the type to fall for it. 

5 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

You'd think Haskins was blind and deaf by the way they're handling this situation...

This is a bit odd, 0-5, headed to (0-4) Miami, with two recently banged up vets. We haven’t been competitive once, there isn’t anything to lose letting DH go this week.  

Just now, volsmet said:

This is a bit odd, 0-5, headed to (0-4) Miami, with two recently banged up vets. We haven’t been competitive once, there isn’t anything to lose letting DH go this week.  

Agreed... See what we have in him, cus right now it's feeling a little too much like Dwayne "famous jameis" Haskins

All of you pining for Haskins and miffed why no Redskins coach seems interested in playing him.  Has it ever crossed your minds that these coaches are seeing things in Haskins that they absolutely hate, things they know will get him killed and guarantee losing efforts.  

Remember, Haskins has only 14 career starts and looked to the sideline to a coach that gave him the play and protections.... and the Wide Receivers looked to their coach to give them routes.  That's way different than getting a play in a helmet, calling the play, then setting the protection at the line.

Finally... and I'm only speculating here.... I'm not sure coaches like his demeanor, study habits, and body language.  Perhaps he's just not getting it.  He might have the prettiest ball in the world.... but might be kind of a mental midget and struggling with the playbook, protections, and reading defenses.  As for me, I hate his marble mouth and I absolutely detest him hawking his brand having done absolutely nothing in the NFL. 

I for one hope he's evaluated and that the new coach determines, in the offseason, whether there is enough there to work with or decides.... after reviewing tape and listening to the coaches who have been around him.... that he's just to much of a project and they decide to look elsewhere in next year's draft.    

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

To ruin the spring and summer for us too?  😆😄😅😓😥😰

The Redskins are my troubled marriage that can be made tolerable by having it be an open one.

The Wizards are my problem child with the drug addiction and money problems who I will always love and hope will get it together and stop hurting me so much one day.

Re: Mack Brown, I see what you mean about him not being a sexy enough name at the time because he's older.  But damn, I see UNC playing right now and they are obviously having a ton of fun and they look confident, and as a vicarious VT and GT fan (my father and father in law are alums), I'm envious.  What a great coach.  And what a great fit for the culture of the Carolina region.  I would want to play for him.  If he sticks around, he could really build something in the Coastal.

Our fan base felt the exact same way about another UTjr retread, the one and only Rick Barnes - who took us to #1. When Tennessee was at its best we recruited N.C. well... I can’t even get into what happened with Sam Howell, Walt Bell and all of that nonsense after once leading for Justin Fields & UT fan Trevor Lawrence... 

Time for a bit of meditation with DeMatha’s own

3F2CBEFB-547C-476E-BCE2-7DE75050D812.gif

3 minutes ago, Cskin said:

All of you pining for Haskins and miffed why no Redskins coach seems interested in playing him.  Has it ever crossed your minds that these coaches are seeing things in Haskins that they absolutely hate, things they know will get him killed and guarantee losing efforts.  

Remember, Haskins has only 14 career starts and looked to the sideline to a coach that gave him the play and protections.... and the Wide Receivers looked to their coach to give them routes.  That's way different than getting a play in a helmet, calling the play, then setting the protection at the line.

7EDE29E9-6C50-4D2A-8592-EEB5C2190A8F.gif

11 minutes ago, Cskin said:

Finally... and I'm only speculating here.... I'm not sure coaches like his demeanor, study habits, and body language.  Perhaps he's just not getting it.  He might have the prettiest ball in the world.... but might be kind of a mental midget and struggling with the playbook, protections, and reading defenses.  As for me, I hate his marble mouth and I absolutely detest him hawking his brand having done absolutely nothing in the NFL. 

I for one hope he's evaluated and that the new coach determines, in the offseason, whether there is enough there to work with or decides.... after reviewing tape and listening to the coaches who have been around him.... that he's just to much of a project and they decide to look elsewhere in next year's draft.    

Um...sounds like you may have a bias here...

Reviewing what tape?...the whole point of playing him is to get some tape...

Let me tell you what has guaranteed losing efforts thus far...Case and Colt. 

Haskins seems like a good dude, but good Lord, sounds like the coaches think he's a disaster in practice.

I mean the season is over. The fact that Callahan and KOC aren't advocating for him to start is scary.

OR they are all just sticking it to Snyder, knowing odds are none of them will be here next year.

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure they have the run blocking to pull it off.  Maybe if Trent was still here.  Or if we had a real good run blocking TE, etc. 

It's become a passing league.  As most of the analytical sites show statistically, its tough to win with the run game as the lead dance.  The run is great to ice the game but its a tough to win with it as the lead plot line.  Maybe I'd feel differently if the defense was really good but that's not the case either.

Yes it has become a passing league, but almost every great offensive team in the league still runs between 20-30 times a game. I actually to think we will get it going and get away from the run every first down just to say we ran, but run with some type of plan when we do call those plays. I will go on a limb today and say that I believe the run game will improve and the game plan will seem to flow better. Some of the passing concepts Jay incorporated were fantastic, so O'connelll would be wise to hold on to them. 

3 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Haskins seems like a good dude, but good Lord, sounds like the coaches think he's a disaster in practice.

I mean the season is over. The fact that Callahan and KOC aren't advocating for him to start is scary.

The Steelers let Jalen Samuels play QB two weeks in a row; seems we could find something DH can do decently enough after 50 TDs & nearly 5,000 yards at OSU, including the disemboweling of 30 All-Americans & 5 multi-million dollar coaches on the defensive side for Michigan.

Haskins' mind for football and his work ethic are two of his strong points (which isn't to say he couldn't be struggling to pick up an NFL offense--just that I feel sure he's working his ass off at it, from what we know of him). And yet the same old stereotypes fall out of people's fingers and onto their keyboards when they're frustrated. Disappointing. 

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not a stunner for anybody paying attention. Jay didn't have a grudge on the kid; he's just not any good right now. He can't read defenses, struggles to call plays, and his accuracy has been scattershot. He's not ready to play. Keenum and Colt are struggling, but Jay and now Callahan agree that they still give us a better chance to win. It should be concerning, but not surprising.

I personally am not completely writing Haskins off, but I have serious doubts about his ability to make it in the NFL.

I hate Callahan already, and hope KOC, the guy actually calling the plays from now on, is smarter. But it sounds like Callahan will still make him run when he wants, and KOC just gets to make the specific call. Cluster**** in progress. 

Sharp is absolutely right in those tweets. Callahan is from another era of the NFL and no team can win that way, especially with the talent we have. 

There is already a mixed narrative on play calling, those dudes below are saying it will be all O'Connell.  but others have said that Callahan has openly whined about how they don't run the ball enough and he wants to make this a running team -- so that doesn't sound like O'Connell.   Plus Callahan doubled down on it in his press conference.

Just now, Hooper said:

Maybe the plan is to go 0-16 so we can get Tua?

Then everything the coach is saying would make sense to me.

We aren't smart enough for that. Even if we were, the interim HC wouldn't be in on it...he can lose well enough on his own, and is laying out the perfect plan to do so for the entire world to see. 

Archived