Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter: Raw Video of Intoxicated Jay Gruden Leaks

Boss_Hogg

Of all the time to release a video like this...............Timing is definitely not coincidental. Something is afoot here. If it's the handiwork of Rasputin, then Snyder should fire him and he would have a very good reason to do so (not that there aren't a zillion already).

11 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

This was their ace in the hole to counteract the whole "firing just the coach wont make a difference, the front office is the real problem" narrative.

It takes to focus off them and puts it back 100% on Jay. 

Most recent articles have basically taken the stance that no one would succeed here and have gone easier on Jay for not being givien the tools to succeed.

They needed to tip the scales and retreat back into the shadows until they have some good news to take credit for.

The front office hired Jay, kept him on, and extended his contract. No matter what, it would reflect poorly on them.

And if it's actually from 2005, it definitely doesn't deflect from the front office one iota. That fact will make itself known rather quickly. There is literally nothing whatsoever for Bruce to gain from putting this out.

Only going off this twitter convo below (one-sided convo at that), it appears the video is recent, and is simply one guy posting it on his account after seeing Gruden out on the town:

Replying to @BubbaChuck757
When was this?

Word! I live right around skins park I see a lot of those guys often. Seen jay often he is a cool dude no bull****. Surprised he got caught slipping like this but def not surprised by the video

Facts!! It’s def no big deal for me! Lol at all - I done seen jay out plenty of times this ain’t ****. Lol it def funny but no big deal

So if you are Jay Gruden and you were told either last night or today about the videos what do you do next?  Do you issue any public statement?

Do you say nothing about it?  Do you call some professional public relations person for advice?  Or like Scott McCloughan do you have your wife

post something on Twitter?  I know if I was in Jay's shoes I would be really pissed off but he has to get ready for the game too.

9 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

So if you are Jay Gruden and you were told either last night or today about the videos what do you do next?  Do you issue any public statement?

Do you say nothing about it?  Do you call some professional public relations person for advice?  Or like Scott McCloughan do you have your wife

post something on Twitter?  I know if I was in Jay's shoes I would be really pissed off but he has to get ready for the game too.

For me, if I were in his shoes my response would be:

Reporter: "Coach Califan, do you have any comments on the recent video of you that was posted on Twitter?"

Me:

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, hawgboy said:

You don't need to release **** like this to fire him... his W-L record will justify that. For once I don't see this being a Front Office Wetwork

Also: What he does off the clock as far as "Partying" goes, is of no concern to me.

It let's them fire him for cause and be off the hook for his guaranteed salary.  This is exactly the Mickey mouse stuff that we're known for. This has Bruce all over it, he's scum.

36 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I totally agree with you, but if I were Jay I would take it a step further and sue the skins for defamation of character.  McCloughan got trashed right before his exit and it seemed like the front office tried to put the icing on the cake by leaking information that should have stayed private.  

Jay has not been a very good fit for this team and  that alone should be enough to fire him.....but this old video has been pushed out to take this thing out of bounds IMO.  I won't be happy until Bruce is gone, this organization has been a dumpster fire since Bruce has been here.  At least with Vinny made free agency exciting.  

I would fire Bruce immediately, politely excuse Jay Gruden, promote Kyle Smith to GM and pay a fortune for his father AJ Smith to come in an consult him until he is fully adjusted.  I would then hope they throw a ton of money at a guy like Josh McDaniel or someone of their choice...until then we are going to continue to spiral.

20 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

How does it let them fire him for cause? And why would it need to be leaked to twitter to do so?

Conduct unbecoming, violation of team ethics (trying to type that with a straight face), etc.

Why did they feel the need to smear Scott? It's just the way this team seems to operate.  Sure it could all be coincidence, but IMO the team has lost the right to be considered innocent until proven guilty given recent history.

I'm not defending gruden because at this point I don't really care what they do with him, until there's fundamental changes at the organization level, it's just a shell game.

23 minutes ago, MariusVT said:

Conduct unbecoming, violation of team ethics (trying to type that with a straight face), etc.

What was the conduct unbecoming?...Smoking? Talking to a woman who's not his wife? What ethics did he violate?

Why did they feel the need to smear Scott?

They wanted to get their side out...it had nothing whatsoever to do with firing him for cause. The leaked story about Scot didn't even come out until after he was fired.

Leaking a story doesn't strengthen their position to an arbitrator. And fan perception doesn't determine whether or not Scot was fired for cause. An arbitrator does...and an arbitrator determined that he was indeed fired for cause. And I highly doubt that when the Skins presented their case for firing Scot in arbitration, they included a leaked news story as evidence.

It's just the way this team seems to operate.  Sure it could all be coincidence, but IMO the team has lost the right to be considered innocent until proven guilty given recent history.

This has nothing to do with them, it has to do with logic. The idea that the video must have been leaked by Bruce and Dan is chock full of massive logic holes, regardless of what anyone thinks of both men. We would have to purposefully and deliberately overlook and ignore these logical flaws in order to believe they're behind it in some way.

I'm not defending gruden because at this point I don't really care what they do with him, until there's fundamental changes at the organization level, it's just a shell game.

Gruden doesn't need to be defended because from what I could tell, he didn't do anything in the video that needs to be defended...other than mayyyyybe to his wife. 

What about the players reaction to the videos?  Would tonight be the right time to call a players only meeting with the captains of the team and

give the "Win one for the Kipper" speech.  Rally the players to win what could be Jay's last game with the team?  The local media has not said

whether or not there has even been one players only meeting held this season.

I just watched both videos (only saw the first video of him smoking and talking before)...the one with him sitting on the ground is a bit more damning only because it looks like he might have been drinking--the other video it didn't matter if he had been drinking because he's just talking and smoking.

And I saw a number of people on twitter claiming it was his wife Sherry in the video. Impossible to determine that, so other than wanting to defend him or actually being there, I have no idea how anyone could say that with any certainty. Also saw where some said she wasn't wearing a wedding ring, but I thought I saw the light shine a bit off her ring finger in one of the very short moments her left hand is visible.

Have we learned previously that he smokes cigarettes -  I cannot remember.  Not that it matters what it is, but one is clearly worse than the other for your health. It's more the images that are damning.  I think everyone is assuming he is drunk even more than assuming what is in his hand. Assumption is the mother of all **** ups but its hard to never make them when we almost innately play judge and jury with everything we see.

Jay should walk up to podium at his final presser, cigarette in mouth. And then toss it away and say those things will kill you, after getting the media to laugh.

6 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Interesting how Tony Wylie steps down as public relations spokesperson a week or two before these videos are released.  Maybe he knew what was

coming and decided he needed to jump off the sinking ship asap.

lol. This is nothing compared to other actual PR disasters he has presided over (and worsened). 

15 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Jay should walk up to podium at his final presser, cigarette in mouth. And then toss it away and say those things will kill you, after getting the media to laugh.

Back in my college drinking days, I knew a lot of nonsmokers who just smoked when they drank. I wasn’t cool enough to do that but I knew plenty who did.😀

That would be my guess about Jay considering I’ve read he jogs and bikes, etc.

Oh how I wish a regime-shattering controversy would emerge (nothing personal against Jay--I mostly mean Bruce).

This...is not that lol. This is not even a regime-ruffling controversy. Is it even controversial, really? 

The posts blaming Larry Michael for this video are hilarious. Larry is our very own Baghdad Bob. He doesn't have a malicious bone in his body, it is physically impossible for him to throw someone under the bus without breaking into a cold sweat. Give enough time, Larry could probably spin this as an alcohol endurance training to prepare for the Patriots spiking the Gatorade tank.

Archived