Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Bears

KDawg

I think the play that stood out for me the most last night depicting what I perceive to be the overall lack of desire and uncaring, disengaged attitude of many members of this team is when  Moses stopped blocking Khalil Mack, which allowed him, on a second effort, to take Keenum down.    

Look yeah Keenum played like ass but the reality is the blocking up front, the protection, if that is what you want to call it, was like watching collapsable lawn chairs.  Did anyone see Peterson say "****" after he kept running into the wall of their D?   No blocking, no lanes, and no perceivable effort.  They were getting blown off the LOS last night.    I have no idea what is going on with Brandon Scherff but he is struggling. Still I hope we can lock him up.  Add a few more key pieces in a draft that is loaded with great talent, which should revitalize it going forward.

And our defense?  The couple of times that Manfoolsky called an actual blitz, it seemed to work out, but then he abandons it.

I feel badly for McLaurin, and some of our other young receivers who are really trying and seem to really care.   Peterson is even giving it everything he has got.

I know people are calling for Haskins but why put him into this mess? He does need more time.  We are changing regimes again.  He may not be as polished as Jones BUT I think he is going to be good.  I really do.  He is a fiery competitor and this team needs a QB like that.  Someone that I believe will hold other players accountable. 

2 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

I know people are calling for Haskins but why put him into this mess? He does need more time.  We are changing regimes again.  He may not be as polished as Jones BUT I think he is going to be good.  I really do.  He is a fiery competitor and this team needs a QB like that.  Someone that I believe will hold other players accountable. 

I think at some point, if we're in contention for the first or second pick, we need to see Haskins. If Tua/Herbert are in the conversation, we have to actually see Haskins in action to know if we want the QB or the haul of draft picks. 

My gut says we'd want the haul at this point. But we can't know that until we see Haskins. 

I'm glad I'm old enough to remember the good ol days because what I have seen from this franchise the last 2 decades has really upset me.  The once proud franchise is now the laughingstock of the NFL.  I guess that's what bothers me the most, I didn't see much, if any, pride about themselves last night.

The entire organization is in disarray.

From top to bottom there is nothing that resembles a team, its nothing but a bunch of different personalities all vying to be the loudest and most influenced by.

This all has to stop. This organization is / has been run into the ground by the cancerous Bruce Allen, a proven loser in the league. There is so much negativity from Allen's former teams that it should have been enough to realize that he is not the man for this team, regardless of his dad being a former coach here. But he has cozied up next to the owner and gives him rah rah cheer cheer let's go team BS talk to the point that he has Snyder hypnotized into believing Allen is a great asset to this team.

The stadium topic shouldn't even be a chess piece in the discussion, because if they've run off the majority of fans, who will be there to buy tickets?  There is no reason to keep Bruce Allen. Remove him, hire a consulting firm to conduct a search into a GM who has no ties to anyone on this team.

Jay Gruden has lost the team. When he benched Adrian Paterson week 1, that didn't set well with many fans or players, and his choice of QBs isn't doing a good job either. Gruden still has the same bad habits that he's been fighting for years now; he's predictable, he wastes time on the clock in critical situations, and he gets lost in the moment during games. The players do not respect him nor will they stand by him. Right now he's fighting the calls to start Haskins, and I agree; put Haskins out there and he will be another ruined QB for this team. But Gruden has no other answers, but he has to realize that Haskins isn't the answer either; the problems run much much deeper.

Greg Manusky. Well, what can be said except that he should never have been hired here in the first place. His defenses have failed miserably, players out of position, lack of blitzing, lack of recognizing opponents' tendencies, and does not have any respect from the players. He was a failed experiment and was never going to be any good, but as with others in this organization, he had affiliation with this team, just like Bruce Allen, Doug Williams, Greg Manusky, and god knows who else. Snyder has made a horrible habit of hiring 'glory day' players to run his team, and he has not learned that this is a failed experiment.

The only thing that will save this team is a complete and full departure of everyone from top to bottom. Until this happens, nothing will change. This team will continue to under-achieve, and be the laughing stock of the league. For god's sakes, if Cleveland of all cities can turn their organization around, why can't Washington? It starts at the top, and the problems start at the top. Until the owner finally realizes this, things will continue to be status quo.

I've been a fan of this team for 48+ years, and I can honestly say that watching this group of overpaid-underachieving people get abused and humiliated on a weekly basis has really soured my love for this team, and Dan Snyder has made it this way.  There is a breaking point for everyone, I don't care how much of a fan you are, you can only take so much before you begin to question whether its better to just give up watching professional football, because we're certainly not watching anything resembling professional right now...

SIC

1 hour ago, MisterPinstripe said:

If Allen is not fired after this season it will not happen for a long time. Why is it so hard to just get an actual GM like teams that, you know, win? Manusky needs to be gone, I dont understand how a guy they were looking at firing last year has this much leash to suck.

I don't know why you would need to wait until after a season to fire a GM. To me, firing him asap and giving the new guy time to evaluate coaches and players during real games is a great thing. What does Bruce do during the season that Doug Williams couldn't do? 

I think the play the pissed me off the most and epitomizes the Redskins as a whole was Norman’s pick.  After getting beat like a drum all night and all season, he finally makes a play and starts to celebrate before the play is over, could have easily had the ball stripped by holding it out with one hand, runs back into the end zone and narrowly avoids a touchback.

Just complete lack of discipline and smarts.  I would cut him today.

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think at some point, if we're in contention for the first or second pick, we need to see Haskins. If Tua/Herbert are in the conversation, we have to actually see Haskins in action to know if we want the QB or the haul of draft picks. 

My gut says we'd want the haul at this point. But we can't know that until we see Haskins. 

If we're gonna be bad and near the top if the draft already already, I would kinda love to be in possession of a prime Herbert/Tua draft spot and have Haskins be good.  Then be able to flip that pick for two 1sts or a 1st and 3rd or whatever the value is.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

You know it is a reasonable point.  So do you think the O line would rise to the occasion and put out more effort?  Do you think it would elevate the team, albeit temporarily. If so, I am up for it but I just don't know if the kid is ready.

Jones, when he played for N.Y. I noticed his pocket presence was so poor he did not panic because he did not even feel the pressure.  I am sure that will change with time, but it does bring  up the valid argument that you have to learn on the job and so do we unleash Haskins. I am just super mixed about it.  I think it is a mistake at this point.

2 minutes ago, mojo said:

I think the play the pissed me off the most and epitomizes the Redskins as a whole was Norman’s pick.  After getting beat like a drum all night and all season, he finally makes a play and starts to celebrate before the play is over, could have easily had the ball stripped by holding it out with one hand, runs back into the end zone and narrowly avoids a touchback.

I thought the same. What a clown. Then they showed him walking to the bench, and he had this smug look on his face.

Just now, mojo said:

Keeping Norman this year was a huuuge mistake. Play the young guys and develop them. Going 2 - 14 would not be a terrible thing come draft day and heading into next season. I remain optimistic that a new coaching staff will come in here and have a lot of nice young offensive tools to play with next year and beyond. It can't be Jay though. He's damaged goods.

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

If we're gonna be bad and near the top if the draft already already, I would kinda love to be in possession of a prime Herbert/Tua draft spot and have Haskins be good.  Then be able to flip that pick for two 1sts or a 1st and 3rd or whatever the value is.

I agree...we need to flip the pick for multiple 1sts and a 2nd. That would be huge given we use them on good players.

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

I agree...we need to flip the pick for multiple 1sts and a 2nd. That would be huge given we use them on good players.

Said this in a different thread, but there is zero chance we end up with one of the top 2 spots. We’ll win a couple of the late season games against teams resting their starters and play our way into like the 5th spot- you know, the spot where no one will trade for the pick, and you end up with the best player in a non core spot. 

There is really no reason in earth for this team to be this bad.  Considering they won 7 with a worse roster (or so it seemed) and playing 4 QBs.  I thought those preseason prognostications of 3-4 wins was insane.  But with each egg being laid, not so insane.

I might be able to take 0-3, but the manner in which they're losing them is tough to handle.  Last night was a worse case scenario when it got to 28-0.  

Whats crazy is that 75% of us were calling this a get right game for the Bears LAST WEEK lol. And it was. These fools have 3 3rd down completions all season. Cats thought Tribisky was taking a step back. Redskins get on the field and **** all that up. Dude threw his first 3 TDs of the season last night. Thats embarrassing. Stadium full of Bears fans -- embarrassing. 

Whats stopping Dan Snyder from going all Dan Snyder this week? Is he holding himself back or was he kidnapped? Cause he really cant make it any worse himself at this point and he hasnt gone in for atleast 5 years now I think. If he doesnt fire them all this week then you know somethings up with him. 

The GOOD, The BAD, and the UGLY
Bears edition
Whew. What a mess. But in and among it all there was some good, a lot of bad, and mostly ugly.

THE GOOD.
1. Chase Roullier

His jersey stayed tucked in all night. Credit should be given, this is hard to accomplish when you're getting your ass kicked for several hours like that.

2. Honoring Lyndon Felcher at halftime.
Lyndon works in a concessions stand on the main concourse, and has shown throughout his career to possess an outstanding ability to keep a straight face as he charges a customer $39 for two bottles of water and a hot dog.
Not sure he should be on the Ring of Honor , but hey, it ain't my stadium. Also, nice of London Fletcher to show up for Lyndon's ceremony. Classy guy.

3. Traffic Flow.
The Redskins have mastered the ability to get the crowd to leave the stadium throughout the game, insuring a steady flow of traffic away from Fedex Field, resulting in less time in those aggravating traffic jams that happen when games are competitive to the end.

4. Chase Roullier.
Did I mention his jersey? I did? About it staying tucked..?
OK.

5. I got an annoying little popcorn shell out from between my teeth in the 3rd quarter.
The damn thing was bothering the hell out of me. i couldn't get it with a brush, a pick, or floss. Finally I managed to work it out with one of those little rubber nipply things on the end of the toothbrush.

And with all of that good, there is
THE BAD
1. The Game.

Overall, it was just atrocious. (Other than Roullier's shirt, of course)

2. The Coaching
Again, a complete inability to adjust to discovering they are playing in a football game, and not whatever the hell they thought it was going to be.

3. The Playing.
Hot on the heels of the coaching comes the playing. The Redskins were once again underprepared, except Chase Roullier, who has revealed that he wore garters attached from his socks to his jersey to keep it tucked in and looking sharp.

4. The first half
Awful, the Redskins look like they aren't even playing the same sport.

5. The second half
Awful. The Redskins look like they aren't even playing the same sport.

And finally...
THE UGLY
1. Everything

Except Chase Roullier. Man, he did look nice.

70788362_10157436566105275_2348000084613

~Bang

~Bang

I’ve been looking but can’t find any reports about Dans reaction to last night/this season. 

I remember at this point in 2014 when after a blowout there was a ton of smoke/fire that Dan stayed at the stadium until early morning hours and you knew that he was discussing options. Has there been any reports like this? 

Trade Trent Williams already.  What a joke. So what he doesn’t wanna be here?  Do you blame him?  He has wasted his prime years already for the WORST organization in sports.  Cut Norman, cut Reed, etc etc.  I would say I hope Bryce Love can come in healthy next year and help the run game but the Redskins propensity towards drafting oft injured guys is ridiculous at this point.  I see no reason to hope for anything different from what we’ve got.

6 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Jonathan Allen called our fans out 🙄. Really bro? 

Thats funny. "If only the fans where here to watch us make millions and lose by 20! Then the moral of the team would be better and we could only lose by 10!" 

I like that ****. I have to enjoy this to continue to watch it. 

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

Trade Trent Williams already.  What a joke. So what he doesn’t wanna be here?  Do you blame him?  He has wasted his prime years already for the WORST organization in sports.  Cut Norman, cut Reed, etc etc.  I would say I hope Bryce Love can come in healthy next year and help the run game but the Redskins propensity towards drafting oft injured guys is ridiculous at this point.  I see no reason to hope for anything different from what we’ve got.

100% on the injured draftees. I don’t care what position, how much of a steal he is, etc. no more drafting players with injury histories. 

15 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I tend to agree. But I think we need to see Haskins first. You can tell if a guy has franchise QB potential from their very first game. You can't necessarily tell if the guy is GOING to be a franchise QB, but you can figure out real quick if they aren't.

How his teammates feel about the QB, timing, poise, presence, confidence, etc. They don't have to put up good numbers. They can even stink as long as everything looks the part. Troy Aikman is a guy that the Cowboys knew had it back in the day. Irvin has said it more than once. They were awful his first year, but he knew Aikman was the real deal. Gardner Minshew is a guy this year who has franchise QB potential (again, not saying he's going to be at that level, but he's a guy you can take forward). Daniel Jones seems to be. Mason Rudolph, so far, doesn't seem to be. But for the latter two you need more than a game sample size (and really, the same for Minshew). But you can kind of feel it out. Last year was Josh Allen. He looked the part. Wasn't great statistically, but you could tell he had something about him.

If Haskins goes out there and looks shaky, nervous and frail, he ain't the guy.

If he goes out there with some poise and a set of balls, he can be.

Granted that's only part of the equation. If Haskins doesn't seem to be the guy, you still have to decide if you want the haul of picks or the QB (if you get the first or second pick that is). And it's not an easy decision. if Haskins is the guy it's a real easy answer. Oh, and by the way, you trade Trent for a first rounder anywhere in the draft. Right ****ing now.

I am going in the opposite direction. Dysfunction is our credo, has been since Snyder. I think the prudent thing to do is sit tight and not fire anyone until the end of the season. Make the call that nobody CAN be fired. That just opens the door to more talk about how bad Snyder is and continue the (perceived) trend of actual good football minds not wanting to come here and be a part of this. I think it would maybe start to change the perception that he has finally stopped meddling. That is the only thing that will change our fortunes until he kicks the bucket.

Now, right after the whistle blows on the last game of the year, everybody not named Snyder is gone (dream all you want he isn't selling). Hire a firm, ask Belichick for advise, hell take out an ad on Craigslist for your new GM. ANYTHING but what you have been doing.

This show is just a train wreck and I don't see how firing Manusky, Gruden or anyone else can in any way be a positive for us right now.

Archived