Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Bears

KDawg

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

The funniest part about him “drafting football players” is his Martrell Spaight drafting because he made it a point to say “football player” when describing him and he was absolutely a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE football player 😂

Matt Jones was the furthest from a "football player" that I've ever seen in my life.

5 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

On the bright side, we can now save 30 million in cap room for 2020.  Just 3 easy steps.

1) Moses at best, is now an average RT.  Is that because he played through injuries for years and it caught up with him?  Whatever the reason, his best performances aren't worth 8-9 million a year.

2) Norman has lost a step and isn't worth his contract.

3) Trent should get traded, but we aren't getting a 1st for him.  Maybe a 2nd + a late pick.

That should probably be a selling point for the next guy.  You got a promising young QB, you got big contracts that could come off the books (not even counting whatever happens with Alex Smith's number), a high pick (maybe more) in the 2020 draft, barring a turnaround.  

59 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

To state the obvious, on defense we’re struggling to get pressure and our corners aren’t very good.  Run D is probably so-so at best.  I don’t think the talent is as bad as the results though.  The obvious answer (IMO) is to blitz from everywhere.  Manusky did stack the line a number of times last night, but I don’t think that started until they’d given up 28.  

Listening to Redskins Roundup with Cooley and CP.  Cooley said you get in to your base defense, the Bears coach is still talking to the QB (Trib) to put him in the right offense for the D they are seeing and Manusky or whoever calls those plays should have been making a presnap adjustment to counter that.  They didn't....

18 minutes ago, justice98 said:

That should probably be a selling point for the next guy.  You got a promising young QB, you got big contracts that could come off the books (not even counting whatever happens with Alex Smith's number), a high pick (maybe more) in the 2020 draft, barring a turnaround.  

Don’t forget a new coaching staff.

2 hours ago, HardcoreZorn said:

how is that you and many many others don’t understand current day players had nothing to do with the 25 years of ineptitude before them? How do you not understand that part of being a fan is supporting them when the times are tough? How don’t you get that walking out to a stadium of 60% bears fans is deflating as hell? Football is a game predicated on passion and emotion and confidence as much as it is about pure skill. 

And please don’t come back with some response about ownership or Bruce or whomever. I get it. You’ve made the decision as a fan to channel your energy into what you think will exact change instead of support. But players note the hate, the dark cloud that hangs over them. They even understand it, Allen said as much. But J Allen has every right, as a member of the current team that’s trying to turn this **** hole around to tell the fan base what he did. Just leave. 

WTH does that have to do with what Allen said.  He’s telling me if I’m not happy they look like ****, don’t bother supporting them later if they improve.  That’s insulting to the youngest of fans.

4 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Seems like you might have to be really patient.

See, he is a moron.

1 hour ago, HardcoreZorn said:

I’m glad Allen said something. 

If I signed his paycheck, I would not be.  Who wants to pay to watch this team after statements like that.  The players get their paychecks whether they win or look like a dumpster fire.  Someone attending the game is out their money and got zero enjoyment.  For years, and now, 3 weeks in a row.

40 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

how is that you and many many others don’t understand current day players had nothing to do with the 25 years of ineptitude before them? How do you not understand that part of being a fan is supporting them when the times are tough? How don’t you get that walking out to a stadium of 60% bears fans is deflating as hell? Football is a game predicated on passion and emotion and confidence as much as it is about pure skill. 

And please don’t come back with some response about ownership or Bruce or whomever. I get it. You’ve made the decision as a fan to channel your energy into what you think will exact change instead of support. But players note the hate, the dark cloud that hangs over them. They even understand it, Allen said as much. But J Allen has every right, as a member of the current team that’s trying to turn this **** hole around to tell the fan base what he did. Just leave. 

But they do have something to do with the 25 years of ineptitude. Not in any direct sense. And not in any part where they are responsible for the dysfunction. They are on the Washington Redskins. A once storied franchise that has turned into... something different. They need to understand that it's hard to be too frustrated with the fanbase for their frustrations. Going to games is expensive, and many of us don't make the kind of money that they bring in. Many of us don't receive comp. tickets. A lot of us don't even live in the area. It's tough for me to shell out >$200 in tickets, $150 in gas, $200-300 in hotels and 12-14 hours of drive time in total for me to watch something like that.

Any fan who is complaining, who watches, who is frustrated... They support the team. The players. The vendetta is not against them. Sure, some of them have bad performances, but they are going to be held accountable for that in any market. The vendetta is against the franchise who has not taken the steps needed to get out of this shadow. 

The fanbase also needs to understand that these players are often young. And they don't grasp what it's like. Many came from winning college programs. Many came from being fans of different NFL teams. They can't understand what being a Redskin fan is in such a small amount of time.

And we sure as hell can't understand what it's like to be a player.

The team needs to give the fanbase something to be excited about. And the fanbase needs to reciprocate by being excited. We have responsibilities to each other. But the problem is, the franchise itself has to make the changes to get the team and the fans on the same page again.

51 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Just leave. 

This is my favorite part.  If everyone who was incredibly displeased with the sad sack the Redskins have become under Dan Snyder and now Bruce Allen's reign, it would be pretty much you and a handful of others left.  So you can act brazen and tell people to "Just leave." all you want but the team should be lucky anyone still cares enough to hate on what it is they are doing enough to watch it in any capacity.

OK - Just watched the game.

Few thoughts.

McLaurin is a legit Number 1 wideout and that is something we haven't had for a long time. That **** is exciting for the future.

Case Keenum is terrible and belongs nowhere near an NFL roster. If you're determined to sit Haskins then bring back Josh Johnson - at least that dude cared and looked like he might make something happen, even if he never did. Seriously, **** Case Keenum. Dude is a scrub.

Who the hell reminded Haha Clinton-Dick how to play football. Dude comes here and looks pathetic and suddenly turns into an All-Pro the minute he leaves Washington. That's on Manusky.

Related note - **** Manusky.

AP looks done. Maybe it's the issues at the line, maybe some bridges have been burned and he's not willing to go full throttle for this team - I dunno, but he doesn't look half the player he did last season.

I am so done with Gruden. I like Jay, and he's not terrible, but I'm sick of him, and sick of losing with him and watching the same bonehead pop warner **** every week.

I dont care about the interception, I can't wait until we cut Josh Norman's dumb hillbilly ass. Big money, flat out sucks and is dumb as a rock too.

I'm not paying Scherff the money he wants. Not even close. Let him walk. I don't say that lightly, I was high on keeping him around coming into the season but he's been downright terrible.

Unrelated note - **** Manusky. Mitch goes like 6000 drives without a TD and then dumps on us on several consecutive TD drives.

Richardson looked good.

Sprinkle ain't good enough. Tries hard but his hands are terrible. He either can't catch or he butters his gloves before every snap - either way, I don't care. Bye Jeremy.

Love Cole Holcomb.

**** Bruce Allen.

**** Manusky.

HTTR

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/24/jay-gruden-on-dwayne-haskins-playing-the-season-is-not-lost/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

This is one of the reasons Jay has to go. Not ready to start Haskins because the season isn’t lost. Great way to inspire confidence in your rookie QB, sir.

I thought the same thing, what a message to send to your future franchise QB.

Gruden is a douche

Archived