Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Bears

KDawg

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Honestly, I would love that. Or even a good old fashioned mail campaign. Pick a team captain, maybe Allen, and just send him honest heartfelt letters. I doubt there are enough invested fans to even make it have any effect, but having a mailbox full of messages about how being a Redskins fan now is quite honestly something to be embarrassed and ashamed of, when even our worst rivals' fans are offering us sympathy.

If there were someone on the team high up enough to be listened to by Snyder, but not so far up that they insulate themselves through receptionists, I'd even say it stood a chance. But there's not enough people invested in the team to pull something like the fan card revolt again. The lack of Redskins fans in the stadium should have been enough. If that isn't, probably nothing is.

I still have the original fan card I mocked up saved here.

704981827_skinsfancard(2018_02_0919_32_16UTC).jpg.d545daa9c76b8633c28bea76d6580bb2.jpg

Posted this on Twitter

However, I think if somebody wanted to TRY doing the Fan Card. Maybe make a good digital version also that is an animated .gif with a hashtag. Spread it across all the blogs and fan sites. It would at least be entertaining.

Or, get read for Caps season, enjoy that the Nats came back from 12 under .500 to likely get a playoff spot and reclaim your Sunday.

Not a sermon, just a thought. 

36 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

I actually think Scot was a bit overrated.  Our recent drafts have been very good.  Talent throughout the rounds that sticks on the roster and some real stars.  I think with a competent coaching staff, we'd be 2-1 right now.  

He is light years better than Brucey.  He is the best GM the skins have had since Beathard and they found a way to screw it up...

11 minutes ago, illone said:

He is light years better than Brucey.  He is the best GM the skins have had since Beathard and they found a way to screw it up...

What?  His two drafts he ran were atrocious.  He clearly was **** face hammered during both of those drafts.  I envision him downing shots of vodka, throwing darts at a board wearing just a tie and wife beater.  

3 minutes ago, -JB- said:

What?  His two drafts he ran were atrocious.  He clearly was **** face hammered during both of those drafts.  I envision him downing shots of vodka, throwing darts at a board wearing just a tie and wife beater.  

Atrocious?  I dont know about that, man...

Scherff, Ioannidis, Crowder, Preston Smith, Fuller, Jarrett.. I'll give you Cravens and Docston as huge busts but the rest are certainly not atrocious. It's not McGloughan's fault the team traded some of those players are are not using the others properly.

44 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I heard for $60 you could stand on the sideline and call a play last night. 

Is that why we actually threw on 1st down a couple times?

1 minute ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

I'v been a somewhat Gruden supporter over the years but this game (season) was the turning point for me, He needs to be fired . Now !

Welcome to the light 

13 minutes ago, illone said:

Atrocious?  I dont know about that, man...

Scherff, Ioannidis, Crowder, Preston Smith, Fuller, Jarrett.. I'll give you Cravens and Docston as huge busts but the rest are certainly not atrocious. It's not McGloughan's fault the team traded some of those players are are not using the others properly.

If all you have to show from two whole drafts are Brandon Scherff & Matt Ioannidis I’d say you really suck at drafting LOL Cravens & Doctson were absolutely atrocious picks, man.  Fuller?  Jarrett?  Are you kidding me??? Preston Smith has a good stretch of games in Green Bay and now I’m supposed to praise the pick?  What about Matt Jones or that African O lineman from Alabama he drafted that looked 35 years old 😂  Martrell Spaight LOL That idiot kept talking about “I draft football players.”  Dude STFU you’re an NFL GM, we know you’re drafting football players you dufus 😭

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

If all you have to show from two whole drafts are Brandon Scherff & Matt Ioannidis I’d say you really suck at drafting LOL Cravens & Doctson were absolutely atrocious picks, man.  Fuller?  Jarrett?  Are you kidding me??? Preston Smith has a good stretch of games in Green Bay and now I’m supposed to praise the pick?  What about Matt Jones or that African O lineman from Alabama he drafted that looked 35 years old 😂

You mean Arie Kounjagdoahjhasdhfjashdfljhasldf? 

I'd still rather have Scotty anyday than Brucey...

5 minutes ago, -JB- said:

That idiot kept talking about “I draft football players.”  Dude STFU you’re an NFL GM, we know you’re drafting football players you dufus 😭

That was an awesome post. Thank you so much. 

This part always drove me insane. The dumbest "no ****" comment possible. Its seriously your only ****ing job. That's it. To draft football players.

One positive though:

Our passing offense worked surprisingly well moving the ball against the vaunted Bears defense. 

Furthest we had the ball on each drive:

Drive 1, WAS 21, ended in Interception

Drive 2, WAS 38, ended in Punt

Drive 3, CHI 11, missed FG

Drive 4, WAS 25, ended in Fumble

Drive 5, CHI 49, ended in Interception

Drive 6, CHI 17, made FG

Drive 7, CHI 39, ended in Interception

Drive 8, Touchdown

Drive 9, Touchdown

Drive 10, CHI 16, ended in Fumble

Drive 11, CHI 32, Game Over

8 of our 11 drives made it to Chicago's side of the field.  If Case didn't have 5 turnovers, that's a game we could've won handily.  But he had those turnovers and we got wrecked.

2 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

8 of our 11 drives made it to Chicago's side of the field.  If Case didn't have 5 turnovers, that's a game we could've won handily.  But he had those turnovers and we got wrecked.

I would argue that most of those turnovers were because our coaches didnt plan for Mack

5 minutes ago, purbeast said:

What did he say?

He said they're going to circle the wagons, and that if people aren't fans of the team now, they shouldn't be fans of the team later. He did also say that there's nothing for the fans to be happy about right now, so I don't hold it against him. The players are drawing back into themselves. I would too at this stage.

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

He said they're going to circle the wagons, and that if people aren't fans of the team now, they shouldn't be fans of the team later. He did also say that there's nothing for the fans to be happy about right now, so I don't hold it against him. The players are drawing back into themselves. I would too at this stage.

Tough for him to understand since the best days of this team... even the last great ones... were from before his birth.

Watched some highlights, and checked snap counts.  Manusky switched up his defensive schemes a bit.

Our normal Nickel package is 4 guys on the LoS (2 Edge and 2 IDL), and 2 ILB behind them (Holcomb and Bostic).  But later on in the game, he went towards a 5-1 Nickel.  So 5 guys on the LoS (2 Edge and 3 IDL) and 1 ILB behind them (Bostic).  One thing the highlights show is he had one of the Edge guys drop back into coverage a fair amount.  On one of those plays, Ryan Anderson gets burnt by not dropping back into his zone fast enough.  Which, of course he does, because that's so far out of his element.  I think Fire Zone Blitzes can work well, when used correctly, and that's about the only time I would ever have an Edge defender drop back like that instead of laterally.  But that wasn't a Fire Zone, he just dropped the Edge guy randomly, to an under zone 8 yards down the field.

Bears o-line wasn't confused, the 4 rushers were picked up well in time.  If you drop an Edge rusher like that, it's to take away a lane for a "hot" throw.  But there was no reason for the QB to throw "hot", there was no extra pressure shown.  So Trubisky could do a normal drop back, survey the field, and then pick on the one guy who is clearly out of his element.  It's almost like we're using a zone D that's just missing an area of coverage right in front of their WR.  It's like playing 10 yards off the line when it's 3rd and 1.  It's stupid.

One would think Mack had 42 sacks last night the way some fans tell it.  Look, we get it, dude is a one man wrecking crew.  He destroys pretty much everyone in his path regularly.  But this notion that the coaches prepared as if he’s a nobody is silly.  There were 2 plays out of all the offensive snaps that were very questionable about who was supposed to be blocking him.  That’s 2 too many, but for the love of god folks, there was so much more wrong than merely Mack getting free a few times.  I cannot believe that The Jay hatred is so strong that folks are excusing Case’s performance. 

35 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That was an awesome post. Thank you so much. 

This part always drove me insane. The dumbest "no ****" comment possible. Its seriously your only ****ing job. That's it. To draft football players.

The funniest part about him “drafting football players” is his Martrell Spaight drafting because he made it a point to say “football player” when describing him and he was absolutely a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE football player 😂

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

One would think Mack had 42 sacks last night the way some fans tell it.  Look, we get it, dude is a one man wrecking crew.  He destroys pretty much everyone in his path regularly.  But this notion that the coaches prepared as if he’s a nobody is silly.  There were 2 plays out of all the offensive snaps that were very questionable about who was supposed to be blocking him.  That’s 2 too many, but for the love of god folks, there was so much more wrong than merely Mack getting free a few times.  I cannot believe that The Jay hatred is so strong that folks are excusing Case’s performance. 

This is exactly what I mentioned about the "mutual-exclusivity" issue it seems we have as a fanbase.

Saying Jay has had a half-dozen years to show he's in over his head doesn't excuse Brucie Boy (even though he needs to go and a new GM clean house). Mack wasn't even accounted for until the second-half, as if Jay seemed to forget he even played for the Bears. Saw way too many times where he had a TE on him (and Jay seems to be against having TE's who can actually block, for some reason) and consecutive plays where there was literally no one on him. That's inexcusable, but also not mutually exclusive with Keenum have a suckalicious game. I think plenty of people have opined on that since last night. The picks, the worm-burners, the "sneak" (which was a lousy call to begin with), the free-plays that he didn't exploit...

Jay has been given long enough to show he's in over his head. That can also exist in a universe where you can say Bruce sucks and Keenum contributed pretty heavily to the loss.

I’ve never really actually been THAT embarrassed to be a skins fan but today I feel pretty damn embarrassed. Somethings gotta give. On another note I suggest some of you try to become Hockey fans. The capitals have been one of the most dominant teams of the last decade and are actually good. Ovechkin is still playing well but his era of dominance will be done soon. It’s also actually a fun game day experience other than fedex field 

Archived