Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guice Injury and Med staff

jbird2

I'm tired of stuff with the medical staff. The blame with the injuries starts with the front office. Why? Cause they bring in players that have issues with injuries. They love to bring in injured players. Why do you sign a 125 lb wr in Richardson? You know when someone blows on him he'll get hurt. Reed had like 50 concussions in college.  Look at Nicholson, hurt again. Guice, bad knees so what do the Redskins do? Let's take our 4th rounder and draft another rb with a bad knee. Smart!  They finally got rid of Lauvao but he was never ever healthy. Dion Hamilton, bad knee. I can keep going but you get the point. 

Conversational Momentum

I like it. It happens here all the time and we don't even realize it.  @volsmet gets a post of the day logged. 

I think we have 3 screwups by our doctors on Guice. In one month. I won't try to tally the count if we go back to 2018.

Cleared for preseason week 3.  The timing now appears rushed.  Yeah its hindsight, but what are the mathematical chances he gets cleared (from an ACL over a year later) 1 day before the annual only preseason game in which starters are featured.  They'd have to be Slim Pickens.

CT said he was injured before the philly game. Maybe he lied or got the games wrong. We now know Guice lied (darn character issues) about why he went into the tent. There was a stench in there but it wasn't from him taking a dump.  If CT is right, the med team missed a chance to rest him, or at minimum alert Jay so he can dress AP, or make Guice the inactive one.  I believe CT. I suspect stats will show a guy that comes back from injury too soon is more likely to be injured in his first game back, not 2nd.

The Tent.  He went into the tent after 1 quarter of work.  We sent him back out when clearly there was an issue.  While we cannot rule out Guice lying to doctors making their job more difficult, doctors know athletes may lie about pain, and thus need to be experts at sniffing these out.

We hear the surgery was routine.  Nothing is routine for our beloved Redskins.

Just curious but to the people in this thread still defending the medical staff and trainers, You are really still rolling with "Bad Luck" as the source of our injuries ? You are really going to chalk it up to "BAD LUCK" that we are probably going to be the MOST INJURED TEAM in the league for the 3rd consecutive season ?!!! Out of 32 teams, 3 seasons in a row?! Its bad luck ? Do you guys view the healthiest teams in the league the past few years as LUCKY as well?! 

At what point do you start acknowledging that a sustained amount of ""LUCK"" whether good or bad is actually consistency and premeditated and not left to random chance. Because thats what luck is, its random chance and not set pattern of events, our injuries are no longer random they are consistent over a sustained amount of time, THIS IS A FACT.

I'm sure people will question my "facts"  so here is sources

https://www.richmond.com/sports/redskins/the-redskins-have-twice-been-the-most-injured-team-in/article_65b425b8-63e8-5ad0-867c-103e15270c93.html

Ready for this one, This is a MUST SEE

Since 2015 only the Saints have put more players on injured reserve

https://www.sportfacts.org/nfl-injuries-by-team/

nfl-injuries-by-year

A very intersting thing to note on that chart is what appears to be consistency with each team regarding injurys. Look at year to year for each team, for the most part there are no huge variations, Teams that are at the bottom have a high amount of injurys year after year and teams at the top have minimal variation 

1 hour ago, Alexa said:

I'm tired of stuff with the medical staff. The blame with the injuries starts with the front office. Why? Cause they bring in players that have issues with injuries. They love to bring in injured players. Why do you sign a 125 lb wr in Richardson? You know when someone blows on him he'll get hurt. Reed had like 50 concussions in college.  Look at Nicholson, hurt again. Guice, bad knees so what do the Redskins do? Let's take our 4th rounder and draft another rb with a bad knee. Smart!  They finally got rid of Lauvao but he was never ever healthy. Dion Hamilton, bad knee. I can keep going but you get the point. 

This is actually a great point and one i have made many times in the past, There is no question our front office is bringing in injury prone players with a sketchy medical past, this is something they have done quite often since 2012. I'm open to this as well as the trainers and staff, but Bad luck ? We are past the point of random chance and chaulking things up to "bad luck"

Have we considered the field itself ?!  Maybe its fed ex or the practice facility turf 🤔

1 hour ago, Alexa said:

This is a great post, and I'll even add to it. 

They bring in players with an injury history in the hopes of getting value. That, by itself, isn't an awful thing. But they do it for bad reasons. They do it in the hopes of catching lightning in a bottle to win now. If they did it from time to time to supplement a real team-building plan, I'd be all for it. But they try to get value with injury-plagued players so often because they want everything to happen immediately. They continue to chase their tail which is why they'll continue to cap out at 8-10 wins in the rare seasons when EVERYTHING goes right. 

1 hour ago, desertbeagle85 said:

That isn't true Chris Thompson was still active and also Smallwood.

They're not every down backs. Losing CT always hurts us when his annual injury happens and Smallwood blows. 

What would you call a RB that's injured for the 3rd straight year, because of injuries to similar areas? If I jury prone is the wrong term.

31 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

This is a great post, and I'll even add to it. 

They bring in players with an injury history in the hopes of getting value. That, by itself, isn't an awful thing. But they do it for bad reasons. They do it in the hopes of catching lightning in a bottle to win now. If they did it from time to time to supplement a real team-building plan, I'd be all for it. But they try to get value with injury-plagued players so often because they want everything to happen immediately. They continue to chase their tail which is why they'll continue to cap out at 8-10 wins in the rare seasons when EVERYTHING goes right. 

Agreed. If Guise had worked out and had been a day 1 starter, then you swing on a Love, but when you dont have a starting RB, except for a freak like AP who could retire at any second, you need a reliable every down back. We take too many fliers on potential and hope, I stead of just getting mules.

2 hours ago, Alexa said:

I'm tired of stuff with the medical staff. The blame with the injuries starts with the front office. 

No disagreement there.  But the medical staff does have some level of culpability for:

Colt

Trent (if you believe him)

Guice

I'm not even sure whether they're incompetent, or just rubber stamping the FO's wishes at this point.

Even if Guice passed every test they gave him to clear him for contact, no one thought bringing him along slowly would be prudent?

Sounds like we've gone off the deep end around here.

Pro football is about playing through pain and avoiding injury. There's no healthy or not healthy.

If you're injured that just means you're not that good. 

Ya'll think Ryan Kerrigan has super powers or something?

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Wait, so now Guice is possibly missing another full season?

This is what he said yesterday and it has already been reported that he had it trimmed not a full blown repair.

Washington running back Derrius Guice will be out at least for a while, after surgery to address a torn meniscus. There’s a chance he’ll be out for the rest of the year.

The question is whether Dr. James Andrews trimmed the meniscus or repaired it. A full-blown repair requires much more recovery time, but it becomes better for the player’s long-term health and performance. Repairing the meniscus keeps it in place; trimming it removes some of the natural cushioning in the knee, moving the player toward an eventual bone-on-bone situation.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/12/derrius-guice-could-be-out-for-the-year/

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

They're not every down backs. Losing CT always hurts us when his annual injury happens and Smallwood blows. 

I'm sorry this is a poor argument. Just because Peterson was benched for the game has nothing to do with a guy being hurt. If he's hurt he's hurt. It doesn't matter what rbs are on the roster that day. That's like saying well Case had to play with broken collar bone because Haskins got hurt in warm-ups and they don't have any other QBs. That's not how it works. 

3 hours ago, Alexa said:

11285.png&w=350&h=254

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I'm sorry this is a poor argument. Just because Peterson was benched for the game has nothing to do with a guy being hurt. If he's hurt he's hurt. It doesn't matter what rbs are on the roster that day. That's like saying well Case had to play with broken collar bone because Haskins got hurt in warm-ups and they don't have any other QBs. That's not how it works. 

I'm not about to start talking about coaching on this team, but if you dont understand the plays we had practiced for week one being wildly different between CT and Guise or how important having your power back in the game during a week 1 division game that was that close, I have to think you're just being argumentative and I'm not here for that.

So I guess we now can add Allen to the list?  

defensive end Jonathan Allen has been ruled out for Sunday’s game against Dallas.

Allen suffered an MCL sprain in the opener, after playing just seven snaps.

Losing the 2017 first-rounder for any amount of time is a major blow for a team that also found out this week that second-year running back Derrius Guice would miss time after knee surgery.

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm not about to start talking about coaching on this team, but if you dont understand the plays we had practiced for week one being wildly different between CT and Guise or how important having your power back in the game during a week 1 division game that was that close, I have to think you're just being argumentative and I'm not here for that.

He had 10 carries all game. 3 came from the 1st drive. So 7 carries for the rest of the game. So yeah the power back was real important in there game plan. 🙄

How was Guice misdiagnosed?  Does anyone here know what happened in the tent, what the initial findings were by the physician who examined him?

These players aren't children, if something doesn't come up on the initial exam and the player lies about how he feels then he should hold himself accountable, now if the Redskins pencil whipped the initial exam in the tent when they should have taken him into the locker room for a more detailed exam/scan or whatever they do and they chose not to then that's a big fricken problem.

My issue is that nobody has any data to back up anything on what actually happened, and that includes Trents issue and soo on and so on.

4 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Trent, is that you? 

lol nope. Just a longsuffering fan. (look at my posting history)

I actually called out TW, Reed, Norman and Kerrigan for needing to step up and produce to their contract last year. If I recall I said something like "Trade-em now!"

Look, I can see how injuries are not the medical teams fault. 

That said, someone needs to take a close look at how Minn, the Falcons, and the Rams manage their injured players. 

We could fill a full team of 53+ players with all the dudes we have put on IR the last few years. Seems high.

Archived