Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Winter weather thread: 2019-2020 edition

mcsluggo

suddenly this last week...you can feel winter coming :)

Farmers’ Almanac predicts ‘polar coaster’ of a winter for DC area

Kristi King | @KingWTOP August 26, 2019, 5:08 PM

The 2020 Farmers’ Almanac predicts that winter in the D.C. area will include colder-than-normal temperatures, above-average precipitation and lots of “F” words: “freezing, frigid and frosty.”

“We are saying that this winter is going to be filled with thrills and chills,” said Farmers’ Almanac managing editor Sandi Duncan. “We’re actually calling it a polar coaster winter ahead.”

Roller-coaster-like fluctuations on the thermometer are expected to include more lows than highs. “Which, of course, in your neck of the woods, could mean a wintry mix of mess, ice, snow, rain,” Duncan said.

<more at link>

https://wtop.com/weather-news/2019/08/what-the-farmers-almanac-is-predicting-for-the-d-c-metro-area-this-winter/

I for one am loving it

i just got a tractor with a 54” snow thrower that goes in front. I used it last year but it wasn’t enough snow

im waiting for the first 2 foot snowfall. It’ll throw snow 50+ feet if it has enough to work with 

11 minutes ago, tshile said:

I for one am loving it

i just got a tractor with a 54” snow thrower that goes in front. I used it last year but it wasn’t enough snow

im waiting for the first 2 foot snowfall. It’ll throw snow 50+ feet if it has enough to work with 

Can we have that kind of relationship where you lend me your heavy machinery and I never remember to return it, but you still think I'm a swell guy and defend me as a friend to your wife?

Actually, you can trash me all you want as long as you still let me borrow your tractor

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Chesterbrook Swim & Tennis in McLean 

ah yes.. they completely revamped that one this year...right?    

I used to sneak in there for midnight swims on my way home from forays into the land of the 18-year-old-drinking-encouragement  (Washington was the last place in the country to change their drinking age to 21.. and basically didn't care if you drank when you were 12.... back in the Cretaceous era of my youth)

You are also right next door to James Comey's house there... so send word that Hillary (and the world) want to thank him AGAIN for Donald eFfing Trump

• 4 weeks later...

Blizzard to usher in piercing cold in the central U.S.

The circulation around a powerful storm producing heavy snow and blizzard conditions over the northern Plains will send the chilliest air of the season so far through much of the central United States into this weekend.

NCFridayPL.jpeg?w=632

Many locations will experience their lowest temperatures since the middle of April or earlier. In many cases, the anticipated high and low temperatures will be more typical of early November rather than the middle of October.

Click on the link for the full article

Archived