Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

Norv spent the last 3 quarters absolutely refusing to run the football between the tackles.  The entire gameplan was soft play action between the 30s and nothing else.

Twice in the 4th quarter, he had 4th and 1.  Zilch.  Capped by a gimmick sweep at the 2 yard line with the game in the balance.

Blame Cam if you want to, but Norv is a damn bum.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Thursday Night games are so bad. Do away with it please NFL. Do more MNF Doubleheaders.

See, i dont think MNF double headers would work. Only way it would is if there’s 1 west coast game each week. And with only 6(?)  west coast teams, i don’t see how that is possible. Right?

its an interesting debate though, for sure. What would your solution to that be?

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Fourth and inches from the 1.  1st & goal and the game hanging in the balance.

Norv calls the gimmick play where his RB has to run 25+ yards just to have a chance.

Meanwhile, Jay Gruden would've had Chris Thompson run from the 1 up the backs of the guard/center that were being pushed back towards the 5 yard line.

If it actually worked then Moses was holding, 5 yards, now it's from the 6.

13 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

See, i dont think MNF double headers would work. Only way it would is if there’s 1 west coast game each week. And with only 6(?)  west coast teams, i don’t see how that is possible. Right?

its an interesting debate though, for sure. What would your solution to that be?

There's no reason they couldn't do parallel games.

As a West Coat denizen, I hate having the games start at 4 PM on Monday.

Another idea would be that both teams have a bye week before any Thursday night game.    This would mean you couldn't do Thursday night games early in the season (except for opening week), and late in the season after everyone had their bye.   But I would be fine with that. 

7 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

There's no reason they couldn't do parallel games.

As a West Coat denizen, I hate having the games start at 4 PM on Monday.

Another idea would be that both teams have a bye week before any Thursday night game.    This would mean you couldn't do Thursday night games early in the season (except for opening week), and late in the season after everyone had their bye.   But I would be fine with that. 

On parallel games, why make people choose between primetime games? I don’t like that idea at all. However i like your idea on teams having a bye week before their Thursday night game. 

Although im pretty sure most teams go on their bye weeks from Monday to Sunday so that would still leave them with a short week of practice no matter what.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

On parallel games, why make people choose between primetime games? I don’t like that idea at all. However i like your idea on teams having a bye week before their Thursday night game. 

Although im pretty sure most teams go on their bye weeks from Monday to Sunday so that would still leave them with a short week of practice no matter what.

I don't think it the practice time so much as having to play two games within 5 days.

People have to choose between games every Sunday.  So I don't see what the big deal is.

Going to be a scramble to win the NFCEast between the Eagles and Cowboys I guess.  Two best teams and will be interesting as it plays out   Hoping it comes down to last couple of weeks and dashing the Boys dreams late in the season.  Looking like Skins and Giants will be at 6-10 and 5-11 respectively.  

Archived