Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001055668/article/drew-brees-to-have-surgery-on-torn-right-thumb

The New Orleans Saints will be without future Hall of Fame quarterback Drew Brees for an extended period.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports that Brees will undergo surgery to repair a torn ligament on his throwing thumb, per sources informed of the situation.

The initial timeframe for recovery is approximately six weeks, per Rapoport.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported 6-8 weeks is the minimum because of the ligament damage in Brees' thumb, depending on the type of surgery he ends up having. It raises the possibility of placing him on injured reserve, which would sideline him at least eight weeks, per Pelissero.

Damn.  😥  I think the Saints are screwed for this season, unless Bridgewater suddenly improves or they are able to use Hill every down.

Bridgewater has not looked great so far, and the o-line is having some issues and injuries. 

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/16/saints-record-without-drew-brees-injury-news-teddy-bridgewater-starting/

Also if Brees ends up retiring or struggling to get back to form after this, Brady may end up with the career td and yardage records...

It's bad enough the Redskins are making me apathetic to football.  "I'll just enjoy the other games, I'm just glad football is back!"

Then flags, flags, FLAGS FLAGS FLAGS, jeez, like you think it's enough.  Literally MOST plays seem to have a flag.  At some point, we get away from player discipline, and toward the refs.  

Ease up on holding calls.  Only call them if dudes are tackled, just change the rule so the game is watchable without rolling your eyes.

Has to be more than half of special teams plays.  The rare chance a guy gets a decent return of 25 yards and nope, refs saw a guy hit another guy the wrong way.  

On top of the Redskins killing my passion, this whole product is just a mess.  Imagine NBA and NHL stopping every two ****ing minutes and reversing what the player just did... Just to have them try it again and cross their fingers that they won't have to do it a third time.  

****.  /End rant

2 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Can't be a sprain, his ankle bent.  I mean it could be, but really looked like a break.

That is what it looked like. This is what I found on Google: If there is no pain with walking, an ankle fracture is highly unlikely. Soreness with walking but the ability to walk normally suggests a contusion or sprain of the ankle.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Gregg Williams is bringing some fairly interesting blitzes.  

I wonder if he would be willing to send Manusky old game plans so Manusky could just use them a week later.  Nobody would have to know...

Anything would help as right now it seems as though he is using His own or Hasletts old game plans.  

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The Cleveland OLine is definitely an issue.

Yes but the Heys are brining a plastic butter knife to D-Day.  

On their third QB, they just can’t operate.  

The only defense that has traditionally struggled against an offense in this situation is the Redskins.  (Seriously, the number of backup QB’s we make look like John Elway is astounding.)

Archived