Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

47 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Seems like the problem with instant replay in the NFL is that the officials don't even make calls according to the book to begin with, so then when replay happens unless something is egregious it isn't getting overturned.  Especially the pass interference challenges.  According to the rules, it seems like both non-calls I have seen challenged should have been overturned, but neither were.   Seems pretty obvious that officiating crews have the unwritten ability to decide to let games be more physical or call every ticky tacky thing, there is no rhyme or reason to how they call penalties, except when it comes to the over the top obvious stuff, and even then they often miss it.

Interesting how the Eagles look completely pedestrian against a non-awful team.   We have to wait a little longer to see the Cowboys get a test, because they have Miami next week.

Wentz is hurt and the Eagles looked pedestrian against us in the first half

I like how Lane Johnson had his arm extended and a handful of jersey the entire time the defender got around him. No call by officials, ends up a sack anyway.

Also Fred Smoot was right on the radio today defense begins with a pass rush. Yes sometimes you manage some coverage sacks but the better defenses put fear into the opposing QBs. QBs at the NFL level simply dont make enough unassisted mistakes in order to let them have all day to throw in a clean pocket.

3 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Big Ben out for the year. I think it's safe to say the Steelers are done, and whatever window they had had officially closed. 

Yeah. I agree. And it sucks, because he was a fun QB to watch. 

Also, brees out for 6 weeks it looks like. Guess we’ll see if teddy bridgewater is back to his old self after his injury a couple years back 

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah. I agree. And it sucks, because he was a fun QB to watch. 

Also, brees out for 6 weeks it looks like. Guess we’ll see if teddy bridgewater is back to his old self after his injury a couple years back 

Mortensen said earlier it was Tommy John, which would give him a 12-14 month timetable.

Bridgewater looked terrible yesterday.  I realize he was shaking the rust off, but he didn't look very good.  I always thought he was a bit overrated even when he was healthy.  Saints are going to have to tread water until Brees gets back.  They are still a playoff contender but not a favorite anymore in the NFC.

Archived