Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Did anybody see the clip of Casserly saying that 3 years ago, the doctors told Trent to make an appointment about the growth to see what it was and he never did? 

I suspect, if true, this would be in the record of treatment that they advised him to do this.  

That would definitely change the narrative if it's true.

51 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Not sure about that with hindsight.

I said yesterday, imagine Trent sat in the Browns locker room spewing all that out about the Redskins. Don't get me wrong, he may well be completely vindicated in what he said. But we don't know do we, yet?

I have loved Trent as a Redskins. Always. I can also understand from the outside watching this unfold thinking he must be in the right, Bruce and the rest of this organisation, inept, at best.

But...what has been said will extend much further now. Those are serious accusation labelled against the Redskins. They need to be proven to have substance.

You can't say an employee has let you rot with cancer for 6 years, with no due care and attention both before, during, and after, without a crystal clear case to support you.

I really have no interest in taking sides. This is a fairly poor state of events all told.

Whether I have loved Trent and dispised  Bruce isn't actually relevant here, I think we deserve to know the factual chain of events.

Gut feeling, it won't reflect well on both sides and Bruce gets out of the net.

As reporters who were at that press conference pointed it out -- the drama was heightened when you are taking a physical with the same doctors and you are making accusations about people who are in that same building.  I think much more so if he moved on to another team where you'd have at least some context of there being sour grapes.   He wouldn't have been the first disgruntled player who was traded who took shots at his former employer.

I have been saying this whole time, I don't care about the soap opera or whose to blame about this.  Trent might be wrong for all I know but still I doubt his motives are un-pure -- and IMO both points can be true.     Some people covering the story think Trent is wrong, some thing the Redskins are wrong, most think it's a combination of the two.

I don't have any beef with Bruce on the medical side of this.  How the heck would he be involved in it one way or another.  My beef with him is not dealing him and letting all this fester where we got to have all of this play out. 

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/

There’s no quick and easy resolution to this situation. The Redskins missed out on that opportunity when they refused to negotiate for a trade earlier in the season because Allen believed he could get Williams to change his mind. Then this week the team commanded compensation that competitors deemed far too high for the 31-year-old Williams. 

The timeline for the investigation is unknown, but much of it hinges on the speed at which medical records and interviews are provided the team of investigators. Because of their long track record of poor decisions, dysfunction and mismanagement, it’s easy to assume more wrong-doing of the Redskins. However, multiple dots in Williams’ version of the story don’t connect.

... This latest twist in the Williams-Redskins saga serves as another distraction that this franchise didn’t need. Interim coach Bill Callahan and his staff and members of the front office are trying to both salvage a season and evaluate talent for the future. Snyder and Allen also have yet another coaching search to conduct. 

But, the matter will continue to hang over the 1-7 Redskins for some time. 

Regardless of how many truths or half-truths come out over the coming days and weeks, one thing is clear, the Redskins could have saved themselves a lot of trouble and frustration by simply trading Williams when they had the chance. Instead, this just joins that lengthy list of miscalculations that have led to years of futility.

1 minute ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

That would definitely change the narrative if it's true.

Certainly would.  But then, you would think that before it got to all this, they would have reminded him of that.  He's out here holding a grudge against the medical staff because he screwed up....if true.  

His POV must be they didnt send up alarm bells and sirens about it.  

11 minutes ago, megared said:

I

where

agree it is accurate. 

All of the people whining about a second opinion don't realize that it didn't matter if doing so is a highly scrutinized move that could affect your standing with the team.  And it still very much is.  The team is still the final authority on their bodies.    If they want them to play through injuries, the amount of say they have, depends where

on the depth chart they fall.

What reason would Trent have had at that time, to make a fuss about a second opinion when he never had a reason to distrust them before?  Y'all are applying your middle aged wisdom where it doesn't apply.

No one is whining. Let's leave this kind of bull**** out of the conversations. If you can't discuss without it then it's more a waste of time than I thought. 

He has advisers. He is not just poor little Trent all by himself against the big mean team. Again, I told you I am all in for team trent. He has a right to be pissed and from what we know he is probably mostly right. 

But no one else owns your body unless you let them. Ok so what if they try to convince you of things not in your best interest. You still have the choice. You always have a choice.  

Here is some more of my middle aged wisdom - (actually thanks for that, making me feel younger already!)  when it's has the potential of being serious you always get a second opinion. And potential cancer is no joke. Again, he has advisers that should be doing their job - I bet some of them have "middle aged wisdom"  If not then shame on him for choosing poor advisers. 

In the last six years Trent has signed a massive, at the time, 60mil contract extension, and been suspended for weed....trust is a fickle thing in all forms of life.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As reporters who were at that press conference pointed it out -- the drama was heightened when you are taking a physical with the same doctors and you are making accusations about people who are in that same building. 

But we've also had a major overhaul of medical staff since 2016 apparently. I must be honest, I can't back that up, just read it second hand.

Im calling six of one against half a dozen here SIP.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Edit

But, the matter will continue to hang over the 1-7 Redskins for some time. 

Regardless of how many truths or half-truths come out over the coming days and weeks, one thing is clear, the Redskins could have saved themselves a lot of trouble and frustration by simply trading Williams when they had the chance. Instead, this just joins that lengthy list of miscalculations that have led to years of futility.

This is the most important part of this. Bruce makes poor move after poor move. Then tries to fix it with other poor moves. 

Let's say the team was perfect here - and hey there is a real chance they were - I certainly do not know. But Bruce fixes the entire thing by trading Trent. Problem solved and we all move on. Why be so stubborn. It comes back to what many of us have said - it's more important for Bruce to be "right" than to do the right thing for the team. 

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Here is some more of my middle aged wisdom - (actually thanks for that, making me feel younger already!)  when it's has the potential of being serious you always get a second opinion. And potential cancer is no joke. Again, he has advisers that should be doing their job - I bet some of them have "middle aged wisdom"  If not then shame on him for choosing poor advisers. 

Again, I agree...great advice. 

But I seriously doubt when you do so, you're running the risk of alienating yourself from the organization that employs you, and potentially making your professional life hell if you get differing results.  And at that time, he had no reason to second guess the medical staff...so why would he open that can of worms?

Why do you even want a disgruntled player to be in the locker room.  Especially one that's a team captain and is looked up to by most of the team.  This is just a recipe for disaster.  You could easily start to turn younger players against the team because they align themselves with Trent.  

5 minutes ago, megared said:

Again, I agree...great advice. 

But I seriously doubt when you do so, you're running the risk of alienating yourself from the organization that employs you, and potentially making your professional life hell if you get differing results.  And at that time, he had no reason to second guess the medical staff...so why would he open that can of worms?

21 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

Did anybody see the clip of Casserly saying that 3 years ago, the doctors told Trent to make an appointment about the growth to see what it was and he never did? 

I suspect, if true, this would be in the record of treatment that they advised him to do this.  

Hmmm.....  

7 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

Why do you even want a disgruntled player to be in the locker room.  Especially one that's a team captain and is looked up to by most of the team.  This is just a recipe for disaster.  You could easily start to turn younger players against the team because they align themselves with Trent.  

Because they are dumbasses?

7 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Hmmm.....  

I'm taking all the facts released in the media with a grain of salt, considering they got it so wrong in the beginning. 

Wasn't Casserly one of the guys saying it was about the money before the facts came out?  

6 minutes ago, megared said:

I'm taking all the facts released in the media with a grain of salt, considering they got it so wrong in the beginning. 

Wasn't Casserly one of the guys saying it was about the money before the facts came out?  

What?!?  Waiting for all the facts to come out before making an informed decision?  You know this is ES you're posting to, right?  

9 minutes ago, megared said:

Well, Trent did bring up bring up being peeved about not having guaranteed money yesterday, so money is at least involved some.

That Casserly clip is rather damning...it was almost as if the other three guys in that video were taken off-guard lol.

And he's right about signing a contract knowing ahead of time the last two years were not guaranteed. He and/or his agent should have put triggers into the contract that would guarantee each of the last two years in some form or fashion...like makes the Pro Bowl and plays 90% of the games or some ****.

58 minutes ago, megared said:

Wait, the last three pages is of you deciding that Trent was intimidated into not getting a second opinion, That teams do that all the time And that it's not his fault...    Now, when there is something that directly contradicts that, it's let's wait for the facts?    🙂  

image.png.8e0412db56b75b052a8889a47f36c5d0.png

2 hours ago, Coach Janky Spanky said:

Really?   I can't think of one single area, whether football-related or business-related, in which the Redskins haven't demonstrated gross negligence at some point in the past few years.   Why would this be any different?  (also, I don't mean to make light of a very-serious health situation)

London-Fletcher-800x445.jpg

I think this may be just a teensy weensy more SERIOUS than infractions in the past. TW said life threatening.......

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

That Casserly clip is rather damning...it was almost as if the other three guys in that video were taken off-guard lol.

And he's right about signing a contract knowing ahead of time the last two years were not guaranteed. He and/or his agent should have put triggers into the contract that would guarantee each of the last two years in some form or fashion...like makes the Pro Bowl and plays 90% of the games or some ****.

While I understand the argument that he should have negotiated the contract differently if he didn't want to play any seasons that did not include guaranteed money, I do find it reasonable to think his perspective has changed in the past year.  I see it as fairly plausible that, after watching Alex Smith have a potentially career ending injury, it makes him think more about the types of protections that Alex Smith was given in his contract.  Then, Trent ends up in the hospital for a couple of weeks dealing with something that had him realizing that he is not assured of anything, even just living to the age of 35.  For some people, that is going to change their perspective about what sacrifices or risks they are willing to take when it comes to their career.

3 hours ago, justice98 said:

I think the reason he doesnt do interviews is because he knows what's being said and written.  He knows he's blamed for everything, he's not stupid.

The implication is that bad decisions are made because Bruce gives Dan bad information.  As if Bruce is somehow an impediment to Snyder making good decisions on his own.  

It doesn't make logical sense to me.  Trent's version has some holes in it, frankly.

That was kind of where I was going.... sounds far fetched.  If im looking at a growth or big ass dark spot in ther mirror every day i would think at some point someone says "Trent you should set a dermatologist.". However us men like to pretend it's not bad right up until it is. Who knows?

51 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Charlie was pretty emphatic with that statement, that wasn't a "sources tell me" sort of comment.

I agree and what he said really bodes well for the Redskins. It does leave me with some questions: 

1 - How does Charlie have Trent's medical information? He has not worked with the team since 1999 and the medical professionals have sworn an oath not to share patient information. We might like the info, but we have to get a better understanding of the source. 

2 - Charlie is doing a very pro-team info dump. That team he does have close ties with, so is it fair to say he's bias? 

3 - If the medical records show one set of info and Trent says another isn't it just a he said, they said? Unless Trent signed off on the medical report it's just the teams notes. Trent could then say those notes are not true. 

Anyway, the plot thickens...

13 minutes ago, Nerm said:

While I understand the argument that he should have negotiated the contract differently if he didn't want to play any seasons that did not include guaranteed money, I do find it reasonable to think his perspective has changed in the past year.  I see it as fairly plausible that, after watching Alex Smith have a potentially career ending injury, it makes him think more about the types of protections that Alex Smith was given in his contract.  Then, Trent ends up in the hospital for a couple of weeks dealing with something that had him realizing that he is not assured of anything, even just living to the age of 35.  For some people, that is going to change their perspective about what sacrifices or risks they are willing to take when it comes to their career.

yeah, I said something similar about 274 pages ago lol...this thread has taken off. However, his change of perspective doesn't change reality. Playing without any guarantees is the result of him signing the contract he signed. If he had a career-ending injury 30 minutes after signing it he would be paid a boatload of money for not playing a down. That would be a consequence for the Skins for signing him to that contract. That's what they're doing now with Smith. If Bruce took the same attitude towards guaranteeing Smith's salary after his injury that Trent it taking towards not having any guaranteed money, fans would destroy him and ridicule him by saying "That's why you never should have signed him to that contract, idiot!"

39 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Wait, the last three pages is of you deciding that Trent was intimidated into not getting a second opinion, That teams do that all the time And that it's not his fault...    Now, when there is something that directly contradicts that, it's let's wait for the facts?    🙂  

Actually no.  You have been going on and on about how Trent should've 'simply' sought a second opinion.  And I've laid out, why and how it isn't as simple as an average person requesting a second opinion.  I've also included examples to show you how acrimonious it can be for a player to exercise the rights the CBA affords them.  But somehow, you hold an NFL guy to a higher standard than most other 25 year olds...because he was 'supposed to know'.  

Does your employer have a vested interest in your body the way an NFL team does?  Final authority on your medical decisions?

It's.  Not.  Comparable.

2 minutes ago, megared said:

Actually no.  You have been going on and on about how Trent should've 'simply' sought a second opinion.  And I've laid out, why and how it isn't as simple as an average person requesting a second opinion.  I've also included examples to show you how acrimonious it can be for a player to exercise the rights the CBA affords them.  But somehow, you hold an NFL guy to a higher standard than most other 25 year olds...because he was 'supposed to know'.  

Does your employer have a vested interest in your body the way an NFL team does?  Final authority on your medical decisions?

It's.  Not.  Comparable.

Did you not watch the video? Casserly says that the team staff TOLD WILLIAMS TO GET A SECOND OPINION. Literally. This isn't about fighting to get the second opinion, it's about following the team's own suggestion to get a frickin second opinion lol

Archived