Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It makes all the sense in the world for Trent to show up prior to week 10.  Just as it makes all the sense in the world for him or his people to make no mention of it until now.  It could help force a trade.

That's what D. Hall said weeks ago when he spoke to Trent -- saying Trent at the latest would return in week 10 so he's vested in the season, leaving only one season left on his contract.

Lets just drag him here for one more year, so we can go 7-9, and get a 3rd round comp pick in 2022, and call it a job done.  :(

17 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I was hoping Trent would stay home so that we could retain those 2 years left on his contract.

I think only having 1 year left on his current deal may hurt his value, I hope I'm wrong.

I'm wondering if Trent has to PASS a Physical and meet some weight/fitness metrics. What happens if he's fat as a toad and not in football shape. Is simple reporting enough? Or does he have to be "evaluated"?? Seems like in a CBA, simply showing up is not something the owners would accept...just thinking

Breer today

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/10/24/nfl-trade-deadline-2019-preview-news-rumors?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_medium=social

The Browns are an interesting team to watch because of their pressing need for offensive line help. Teams that have depth at those positions aren’t exactly lining up to part with it, because it’s so hard to find. But Cleveland could be creative and use players on its own roster to match another teams’ needs.

Higgins is one player that’s name has been out there, and CB T.J. Carrie—who started four games as Browns starters Greedy Williams and Denzel Ward nursed injuries before Cleveland’s bye—is another player. Both play premium positions. Either could help someone down the stretch. And they could be creative pieces for the Browns to use in a deal, even if Cleveland’s not shopping them actively.

• So which offensive linemen are out there? I believe fourth-year Eagles OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai could be moved. Philadelphia likes him as a player, so whether a deal is done will be predicated on the return they can find for him. Vaitai, who has 17 regular-season starts under his belt, was the Eagles’ left tackle in its Super Bowl win over the Patriots. And while he may not be a long-term solution at that position, he could be a short-term fix, with a very solid future at another spot on someone’s line. Cleveland and New England would be obvious suitors for Big V. The Patriots could use insurance at the position, given second-year pro Isaiah Wynn’s injury history. 

By the way, it’s clear the Redskins could get a nice return for Trent Williams. But his situation has gotten personal, and I don’t think Washington will move him until after the season. Teams that have asked have been met with a flat “no.”

First off. What the **** is gong on with this site. I click to post in a thread and a post I quoted 3 weeks ago shows up in the box? 

Secondly. Who gives a **** about Trent. He made his own bed. Show up and play for the team that has paid you 95 MILLION dollars  with 2 years left on your cutrrent contract or dont. If you dont you get what you got right now. You get to play or sit for one of the worst teams in the history of this franchise. I have no sympathy for a man that holds out with 2 years left. 

There is a part of me that hopes, Bruce Allen will take the token victory of Trent showing up as enough of a salve on his arrogance to trade him. He wins this stupid pissing contest and gets to trade him now, rather than later when his value tanks.

But, most likely their delusion runs deeper than that and they continue to **** this up.

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Getting murdered on national TV tonight by Kirk might be our best chance at all of a sudden realizing we need to take advantage of the trade deadline. We didn't get our asses whipped like we deserved against the Dolphins or 49ers but this could be the one. 

I hope, pray and drink that you are right....

8 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

There is a part of me that hopes, Bruce Allen will take the token victory of Trent showing up as enough of a salve on his arrogance to trade him. He wins this stupid pissing contest and gets to trade him now, rather than later when his value tanks.

But, most likely their delusion runs deeper than that and they continue to **** this up.

**** Trent. Do you really believe that trading him would make a difference on the long term laughingstock that is the Redskins? Dude has 2 years left on his contract. I am done giving these mutli millionaire crybabies what they want. This team SUCKS ASS. Make Williams pay for being a greedy ****. **** him.

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

**** Trent. Do you really believe that trading him would make a difference on the long term laughingstock that is the Redskins? Dude has 2 years left on his contract. I am done giving these mutli millionaire crybabies what they want. This team SUCKS ASS. Make Williams pay for being a greedy ****. **** him.

I'm not into that kind of energy, but do your thing man. I enjoy Kyle Smith's work so far and I'd like to see what he could do with more draft picks.

At worst, he gets a couple more good players for me to work with in Madden 21.

Just now, Fresh8686 said:

I'm not into that kind of energy, but do your thing man. I enjoy Kyle Smith's work so far and I'd like to see what he could do with more draft picks.

At worst, he gets a couple more good players for me to work with in Madden 21.

HaHa! Love the video game come back......But  **** Trent Williams.

16 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

So he is sitting out not getting paid because he is greedy and wants more money? And do you feel the same about the greedy owners who's every move is to screw everyone over for money, players and fan alike? 

And how is being traded on his current contract being greedy? In fact are you sure it's even about money? Much of what we have heard is it's about the Redskins organization and how they have treated him.  He just wants out of this - in your words: "The laughingstock that is the Redskins." 

Yet somehow you are others a so pissed at him. Seriously displaced anger here. How about an organization who is so self absorbed and delusional they have no idea just how bad they hurt this franchise long term.  

**** Trent? How about **** the FO, especially mutt and jeff running this clown show! Trent has done nothing wrong here - zero. 

45 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

So he is sitting out not getting paid because he is greedy and wants more money? And do you feel the same about the greedy owners who's every move is to screw everyone over for money, players and fan alike? 

And how is being traded on his current contract being greedy? In fact are you sure it's even about money? Much of what we have heard is it's about the Redskins organization and how they have treated him.  He just wants out of this - in your words: "The laughingstock that is the Redskins." 

Yet somehow you are others a so pissed at him. Seriously displaced anger here. How about an organization who is so self absorbed and delusional they have no idea just how bad they hurt this franchise long term.  

**** Trent? How about **** the FO, especially mutt and jeff running this clown show! Trent has done nothing wrong here - zero. 

I am done with this argument. The payers singed the current CBA. THEY CHOSE to play under the current agreement. Two years left on your deal and you want to hold out? **** YOU.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am done with this argument. The payers singed the current CBA. THEY CHOSE to play under the current agreement. Two years left on your deal and you want to hold out? **** YOU.

He is following the CBA. The CBA allows them to sit out with very well defined consequences including fines and loss of pay. It's not like he is sitting out and collecting a pay check. this is no difference than union members going on strike. You act like he losses nothing by sitting out. I can typically at least see where you are coming from but just not seeing it here. Seems an awful visceral response to pretty standard act in business.  

38 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

He is following the CBA. The CBA allows them to sit out with very well defined consequences including fines and loss of pay. It's not like he is sitting out and collecting a pay check. this is no difference than union members going on strike. You act like he losses nothing by sitting out. I can typically at least see where you are coming from but just not seeing it here. Seems an awful visceral response to pretty standard act in business.  

I MIGHT be with you of these guys didnt get their fines erased when they finally decided to show up. But that is not what happens. They get spoon fed for being cry babies the majority of the time. Teams just ignore the players BS. Lets not forget this guy has been injured and a pot head while he has been here. I hope he gets nothing.

4 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I was hoping Trent would stay home so that we could retain those 2 years left on his contract.

I think only having 1 year left on his current deal may hurt his value, I hope I'm wrong.

Oh you are not wrong only 1 year left and a year older. This will crush his trade value. Even Allen should know this and if he doesn't trade him by Tuesday,  that's it he will never trade him, because if he did he'd get egg all over his face for what little he gets for him. He'll try to put off that egg on the face for another year.  

Alright, we've been soundly beaten by the Vikings in front of the nation, with Haskins looking like microwaved dookie. 

You realize we aren't going on a run this season yet, Bruce? One more week to make a deal. Less, actually. 

17 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Oh you are not wrong only 1 year left and a year older. This will crush his trade value. Even Allen should know this and if he doesn't trade him by Tuesday,  that's it he will never trade him, because if he did he'd get egg all over his face for what little he gets for him. He'll try to put off that egg on the face for another year.  

https://overthecap.com/position/left-tackle/

sort by age

4 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

So with the week 8 game being over, does this mean he just 100% missed out on being able to count this as an accrued season?  If so, he still has 2 years on his contract and I definitely see Bruce refusing to trade him until this offseason. 

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

So with the week 8 game being over, does this mean he just 100% missed out on being able to count this as an accrued season?  If so, he still has 2 years on his contract and I definitely see Bruce refusing to trade him until this offseason. 

No, he just needs to show up before week 10.

The week 8 thing was if we are going to trade him, he needs to come back in time to be dealt I think.

We need to just trade him to the Browns and take whatever their next first rounder is. Looks like their first should be a decent pick, and we need all the high draft picks we can get if we're going to field a competitive roster before my pubes go gray and start falling out.

7 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

No just has to report 2 weeks prior to the Redskins 11th game (He needs to be on roster for 6 games). Which technically means he still has more than a week he can safely hold out.

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

No, he just needs to show up before week 10.

The week 8 thing was if we are going to trade him, he needs to come back in time to be dealt I think.

you missed the point of the previous posts.  There's all kinds of reserve lists in the NFL, including one for  "Hey this guy just showed up late, we need some time to decide what to do with him" and that particular list lasts two weeks.  Meaning if he shows up in week 10 the Skins don't have to activate him till week 12

1 minute ago, carex said:

you missed the point of the previous posts.  There's all kinds of reserve lists in the NFL, including one for  "Hey this guy just showed up late, we need some time to decide what to do with him" and that particular list lasts two weeks.  Meaning if he shows up in week 10 the Skins don't have to activate him till week 12

Don't forget the bye he can show up after week 9 and get his accrual.

1 minute ago, carex said:

you missed the point of the previous posts.  There's all kinds of reserve lists in the NFL, including one for  "Hey this guy just showed up late, we need some time to decide what to do with him" and that particular list lasts two weeks.  Meaning if he shows up in week 12 the Skins don't have to activate him till week 12

Does he need to be active if he's here? I thought he just needed to report. 

It's not something I've followed super closely because I figured we'd either trade him or not, and if not, it doesn't really matter to me again until the offseason begins and we can trade him again.

Archived