Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Uh, Rudy?  

Your reputation has been "crazy coot who will tell any lie, even when he knows that everybody in the audience knows it's a lie", for at least a year.  

And it's due to a concerted effort of one.  (OK, maybe Trump makes two.)  

Question: Why should Hunter Biden's position on Burisma board have anything to do with whether someone would vote for Joe Biden or not?   Let's say he 100% got the job because of his last name.  That is Joe Biden's problem, how?  If anything it should open up a broader conversation about nepotism, which I doubt Donald Trump would like being part of public discourse going into 2020.

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

So this all ends with SCOTUS ruling that the president and his people don’t have to comply with congressional subpoenas?

That seems like a healthy precedent.

Considering that DOJ precedent and the Mueller report basically state that the President is not subject to normal judicial/criminal procedures and can only be subjected to the Congressional impeachment process defined in the Constitution, if SCOTUS were to rule that the President does not have to comply with Congressional oversight, then the President is above the law and can do whatever he wants.

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

No pass! That's why I waited till he was out of power before bringing it up.

Pssst!  Lindsey?  A Republican is in the same position.  And he's not being investigated.  (For that.)  

In fact, I wonder how many members of Congress have relatives serving on boards or similar positions of various entities.  Anybody think Lindsey doesn't have a relative who's getting paid by somebody?  

"Let him that is without nepotism ask the first question."  

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Finally, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh can start paying their tab. 

I see what you did there.  

Archived