Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

13 minutes ago, JCB said:

Anyone even faintly considering voting for Trump because of this specious impeachment "unfairness" narrative is galaxies away from being "torn" or being conflicted or whatever nonsense we hear about daily while the country burns. It's a falsehood, a pitiful attempt to pretend that you have a moral compass and/or a basic sense of our history and institutions. They are his base, nothing more, no unknowable secret factor.

Yeah the same impeachment hearings they claim to not be paying attention to, not watching, not caring about, yet it is somehow a major factor in their decision to re-elect Trump? How exactly does that work?  So basically they are saying they aren't watching it, but are also saying they are unfair.  Which can only mean they are listening to plenty of commentary on the impeachment hearings  from say......specific outlets?

I think calling the impeachment hearings "unfair" is just exposing yourself as being ignorant. 

13 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trump should testify. He will hang himself nonstop. Won’t change his acquittal but he will look like the fool he is.

I think the other thing that would happen is he would start throwing everyone connected to him under the bus. Then in turn what it might do is make them decide they want to testify after all.   

3 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Do you think that the House did not have an obligation to bring impeachment charges regardless of political implications? I do. So let the chips fall where they may, if Trump is allowed to cheat he will win too.

to answer your question, they do have an obligation where they see fit, yes.

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trump should testify. He will hang himself nonstop. Won’t change his acquittal but he will look like the fool he is.

It wouldn't change how Senators would vote probably, but it could open him up to plenty of perjury charges. No way in hell he'll do it. Zero chance. I remember reading about how his lawyers were doing mock interviews with him in preparation for a potential in-person interview with Mueller and they eventually decided that they absolutely couldn't allow him do it because he simply couldn't stop lying and would inevitably perjure himself within 5 minutes.

Ohh nooo FUSION GPS!   There we go GOP......

GOP can try all they want to go after procedural sloppiness in this investigation but the bottom line is every time it is asked of Horowitz, if the investigation was justified, the answer is a resounding "YES" every single time. 

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Ohh nooo FUSION GPS!   There we go GOP......

GOP can try all they want to go after procedural sloppiness in this investigation but the bottom line is every time it is asked of Horowitz, if the investigation was justified, the answer is a resounding "YES" every single time. 

This is true but the procedure here is definitely not beyond reproach. I’m far from falling for a deep state narrative but this **** was messy as hell and not helpful to the cause at the moment. You have to question what the FBI did here. 

But it at the same time we need to understand that the FBI was worried that a candidate for President of the United States was working with our greatest enemy (he was) and that is not a normal circumstance. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

This is true but the procedure here is definitely not beyond reproach. I’m far from falling for a deep state narrative but this **** was messy as hell and not helpful to the cause at the moment. You have to question what the FBI did here. 

But it at the same time we need to understand that the FBI was worried that a candidate for President of the United States was working with our greatest enemy (he was) and that is not a normal circumstance. 

I do agree. Things should be cleaned up, procedures should be updated.  Anything looking not on the level should be rooted out. I absolutely agree that we need to have trust in our intelligence agencies. My point though is that, that is an entirely separate issue but it will be used as a soundbite all over cable news tonight out of context. 

30 minutes ago, Bang said:

A person who claims to be waffling as to whether they'd vote for Trump because they are unsure of these proceedings is a Trump supporting MAGAt who is doing what his hero does.
Lying right to your face.

~Bang

PPP did a survey of Republican primary voters right before the SC primary.  And broke the results down according to which candidate said primary voted supported.  

While the results were similar for al GOP primary voters, Trump voters were almost always "the worst".  But for the GOP primary voters as a whole, when the question was 

"Are you glad the North won the Civil War, or do you wish the South had won?" Answers (going from memory) were around:

- North: 40%

- South: 30%

- Not sure: 30%

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that every "not sure" represents "Wants the South, but doesn't want to say so."  Seriously, they haven't decided how they feel about the Civil War yet?

25 minutes ago, Bang said:

A person who claims to be waffling as to whether they'd vote for Trump because they are unsure of these proceedings is a Trump supporting MAGAt who is doing what his hero does.
Lying right to your face.

~Bang

Yeah, they're full of ****. "Welll...I was on the fence about Trump this time around buuuut this whole impeachment nonsense is going to make me vote for him."

Giving themselves cover. They were always going to vote for Trump. 

6 minutes ago, Larry said:

PPP did a survey of Republican primary voters right before the NC primary.  And broke the results down according to which candidate said primary voted supported.  

While the results were similar for al GOP primary voters, Trump voters were almost always "the worst".  But for the GOP primary voters as a whole, when the question was 

"Are you glad the North won the Civil War, or do you wish the South had won?" Answers (going from memory) were around:

- North: 40%

- South: 30%

- Not sure: 30%

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that every "not sure" represents "Wants the South, but doesn't want to say so."  Seriously, they haven't decided how they feel about the Civil War yet?

South Carolina.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/upshot/measuring-donald-trumps-supporters-for-intolerance.html

According to P.P.P., 70 percent of Mr. Trump’s voters in South Carolina wish the Confederate battle flag were still flying on their statehouse grounds. (It was removed last summer less than a month after a mass shooting at a black church in Charleston.) The polling firm says that 38 percent of them wish the South had won the Civil War. Only a quarter of Mr. Rubio’s supporters share that wish, and even fewer of Mr. Kasich’s and Mr. Carson’s do.

Nationally, further analyses of the YouGov data show a similar trend: Nearly 20 percent of Mr. Trump’s voters disagreed with Abraham Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation, which freed slaves in the Southern states during the Civil War. Only 5 percent of Mr. Rubio’s voters share this view.

love the herds of ****-for-brains ignorant white racists whose existence was forever denied or minimized  by their nurturing breeders, the gop (and let's give a nod to their vast suckass-xtain homophobe conitngent) 

yup, many of the gopers who don't like trump at all were damn proud of their grand old party of sewage lo these many years and protecting us from the evils of the dems (like actually doing more smart, fair, and decent stuff) and dismissing and denying the spreading toxicity of the hordes of fox/rush/breitbart/conspiracy freaks was "really a thing"

they sure are a major reason why this swinefest  became all it can be in today's 'murika

btw, probably past time to change gop to the pop...party of putin...

4 hours ago, JCB said:

Anyone even faintly considering voting for Trump because of this specious impeachment "unfairness" narrative is galaxies away from being "torn" or being conflicted or whatever nonsense we hear about daily while the country burns. It's a falsehood, a pitiful attempt to pretend that you have a moral compass and/or a basic sense of our history and institutions. They are his base, nothing more, no unknowable secret factor.

I don’t think anyone is deciding who to vote for based of the impeachment.  But I do think it will affect motivation a lot.  Trump supporters are going to be as motivated as ever.  The Dems would have to really work hard on finding a way to make people LESS motivated to go out and vote based on this impeachment process.  The Left really needs a better PR team.

38 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

love the herds of ****-for-brains ignorant white racists whose existence was forever denied or minimized  by their nurturing breeders, the gop (and let's give a nod to their vast suckass-xtain homophobe conitngent) 

yup, many of the gopers who don't like trump at all were damn proud of their grand old party of sewage lo these many years and protecting us from the evils of the dems (like actually doing more smart, fair, and decent stuff) and dismissing and denying the spreading toxicity of the hordes of fox/rush/breitbart/conspiracy freaks was "really a thing"

they sure are a major reason why this swinefest  became all it can be in today's 'murika

btw, probably past time to change gop to the pop...party of putin...

A friend of mine has been calling it's Putin's Party for a while, LOL.

But reading this i realized "Grumpy Pants" fits 🤷‍♂️🤣

They should totally do this. Then their Senators who are not locks for reelection can hopefully lose and flip the Senate while losing more seats in the house, even if he still wins next year. 

Colins, Gardner, Ernst, Cornyn.

All this talk of due process that they'd now want to skip. 

1 hour ago, visionary said:

I have serious doubts about the reality of this happening. They'd need 51 Senators to agree that there should basically be an acquittal with no trial and no witnesses called. That's unlikely IMO. They have 53 Rs and I have a hard time believing that there wouldn't at least be a few who would say that the process needs to be legit (or at least seem legit), even if it is for purely craven political purposes. For some more moderate members (or at least members from more moderate places) it could be political suicide...I'm thinking McSally, Gardner, Collins, Ernst, et.

Archived