Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

9 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

When you run out of defense material:

It was a bit of lawyer slight of hand.

TURNER:  Did you ever hear Trump say he wanted investigations?

VOLKER:  No.

TURNER:  Did you ever hear Zelensky say he understood he had to do investigations in return for meetings/weapons?

VOLKER:  No.

TURNER:  Therefore, neither of them INTENDED for their to be a quid pro quo.

No, asshole, they just didn't SAY it.  

I thought earlier today Volker &  Morrison came off as good witnesses who were merely trying to distance themselves from Trump/Guilani/Soland, but the longer this goes on the more they are starting to come off as contradicting themselves.

They keep going back and forth between saying they felt something was wrong with the situation and then turning around and saying everything felt kosher.  Seems obvious they knew something was brewing behind the scenes and it's possible they actually knew more then they are leading on and are making a concerted effort to pass the buck to Soland when he shows up for testimony tomorrow.  They also are basically saying, "well hey, everything seemed okay at the time, but given all the information available now, Trump did everything he is being accused of."

I still say if these are the GOP's star witnesses, then their case of defense is overall weaksauce. 

Morrison is making zero sense now.  "Nothing wrong with the call that I heard.....but, I had to run to the lawyers to report the call......of which I saw nothing wrong about"  HUH?

It took nearly all damn day, and well into the night for you east coasters, but Morrison has been cornered and he is showing himself to be full of ****.

Someone explain this to me, Volker has been freely acknowledging all day that the military aid has been dependent on Biden investigations.  So......why are the GOP still arguing this?  

Just now, mistertim said:

I don't know what you guys are whining about. I always call the cops as soon as I see absolutely no crime committed. 

I like to call the fire department just to make sure they know there are no fires to put out in my neighborhood. 

4 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I admire the democrats on the committee who can listen to Nunes without laughing hysterically. that level of discipline is astounding

He s playing the Russians greatest hits in repeat. After a while you just tune it out 

Archived