Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

48 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He's built like a RB (you won't find many 6'0 225 WRs) and moves like a young Tevin Coleman kinda, a slasher. But he looks natural going deep too

I just mean when I put on video.  He looks like a WR to me, not a RB.  Idk, maybe a uniform change will have me feeling differently.

I'm fine with the pick.  We need weapons.  The bust rate is high on this one but so is the ceiling which is cool with me.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

BPA doesn't apply to QBs, but he also wouldn't be the BPA for me.

That seems very arbitrary, but the 2nd part is strictly opinion. To me he probably is based off everything we know now. A lot of potential at the most important position in the league... my BPA.

By the way we do agree... I want Amik

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

I just mean when I put on video.  He looks like a WR to me, not a RB.  Idk, maybe a uniform change will have me feeling differently.

I'm fine with the pick.  We need weapons.  The bust rate is high on this one but so is the ceiling which is cool with me.

NFL.com lists him as a WR also gives him a 3rd round rating (highest I've seen).  

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

I want either Gaither, Amik, Tyler Johnson, or Harrison Bryant.  I'd be happy with Dotson or Biadasz too.

Love both guards, particularly Dotson, but I forgot about Tyler, I’d be thrilled to add him for DH, he’s about as clean a 4th round wr as you’ll find.

I didn’t see much of Harrison Bryant, but some scouts definitely have him as TE1.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I pushed Charles a little but weren't you the one who told me the dude is off the wall?

We may need to make Dr Phil an offer he can’t refuse.

Bartch is still there - he’s got to be on my short list with Amik & Gaither for our next pick. 

I guess the main reason I would rate Albert O as my top rated player on the board right now is because of athletic upside and intangibles at a position of need. If we are trying to be one of the fastest and most versatile offenses in the league, then perhaps he would be a good fit. I’m far more interested in signing a huge athletic TE than a large wr ( like Gandy Golden). Better upside. 

I fully anticipate the skins drafting our starting LT in the 2021 draft. Any tackle we draft going forward is developmental. 

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I guess the main reason I would rate Albert O as my top rated player on the board right now is because of athletic upside and intangibles at a position of need. If we are trying to be one of the fastest and most versatile offenses in the league, then perhaps he would be a good fit. I’m far more interested in signing a huge athletic TE than a large wr ( like Gandy Golden). Better upside. 

I fully anticipate the skins drafting our starting LT in the 2021 draft. Any tackle we draft going forward is developmental. 

Albert has produced, he’s a tough matchup, he’s got plenty of value at this point in the draft. 

32 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I’m in for Albert O. 

I can be sold on him.  I guess his reputation of being a bit of an underachiever sort of gets me down about him.  Ditto IMO he doesn't play as fast as he is timed.   He's such a big dude that his athleticism is impressive.  Some knock his blocking but I think he's at least average on that front.  I think I like Harrison Bryant and Hopkins over him but I waffle between those 3. 

14 minutes ago, volsmet said:

He's young, I think we could handle him...Given most of the excellent OT's with upside are gone it's him and Bartch and I think Charles has a much higher ceiling and he's got real deal starting LT chops..That's if we want an OT... I also like Tyler Johnson, Harrison Bryant and Amik Robinson as well for this first pick. I think I'd lean Charles or Bryant given we took Gibson already. Depends who they like later.

20 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Bartch is still there - he’s got to be on my short list with Amik & Gaither for our next pick. 

I am definitely Charles >>>> Bartch.  I'd hire Dr. Phil myself if those are the 2 options. 😀

I don't think it's crazy to get another WR especially after reading that they will use Gibson more as a move around chess piece as opposed to pure Z.   If so that dude I'd want below.  Akeem-Davis probably my top choice right now though.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I can be sold on him.  I guess his reputation of being a bit of an underachiever sort of gets me down about him.  Ditto IMO he doesn't play as fast as he is timed.   He's such a big dude.  Some knock his blocking but I think he's at least average.  I think I like Harrison Bryant and Hopkins over him but I waffle between those 3. 

Plenty of people said he’d have been TE1 last year... the traits exist, that was prior to testing, he’s a worthy talent imo. I haven’t watched much, so I’m going on evaluations of his earlier years and his testing.

Hunter Bryant is the TE I liked most while casually watching games the last 2 falls, I still like him, but perhaps not until 5. A few people I respect Love Hopkins. He always performed for a gutted Purdue squad when I watched them. 

1 minute ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

He's young, I think we could handle him...Given most of the excellent OT's with upside are gone it's him and Bartch and I think Charles has a much higher ceiling and he's got real deal starting LT chops..That's if we want an OT... I also like Tyler Johnson, Harrison Bryant and Amik Robinson as well for this first pick. I think I'd lean Charles or Bryant given we took Gibson already. Depends who they like later.

Tyler Johnson seems a lock to be a good pro, I haven’t seen many guys make football look easier.

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Harrison Bryant and Saahdiq Charles should be the 2 4th round picks tomorrow.

in

5 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Tyler Johnson seems a lock to be a good pro, I haven’t seen many guys make football look easier.

He, Pittman and Van Jefferson from the players I watched were the smoothest route runners from my point of view.  In most other drafts, Tyler would be IMO a 2nd rounder.   I think he's a safer pick than the best TEs left even though I'd roll the dice on some of those TEs.

I do like Akeem Davis Gaither probably the most of available picks.  Bryce Hall is tempting if he's healthy.

I haven't reviewed all the players left yet but off the top of my head right now, I'd go

1. Aleem-Davis

2. Tyler Johnson

3.  Bryce Hall

4.  Harrison Bryant or Hopkins (tie)

5.  Albert O

My sleeper is K'von Wallace (I think its a little early for him but he can help in the slot and at FS)  

Archived