Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 hours ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Kin hell 😲 Iv just checked out this Harrison Byrant lad ... the video was a load of DB’s and LB’s bouncing off him that guy does not go down easy and he’s got good hands too, wouldn’t mind a bit of that in the Burgundy and Gold

If you Google him and click on the NFL.com site he is compared to George Kittle of the 9ers. :) Not saying he will be Kittle but to be compared to is pretty heavy!

The knock on Albert has been:

Lack of Production 

mediocre agility

Mediocre in line blocking

pads too high while blocking

combine speed doesn’t match play speed

wiggle isn’t quite there 

doesn’t fight for more yards 

questionable football motivation ( doctor plans)

Positives on Albert:

ideal height/weight ( 6’5” 255lbs)

sticky and reliable hands

tracking ability
very good at in line routes and red zone opps 

highly intelligent

high upside

If we are looking for a bigger guy to be a target in the red zone, or a split TE who can run a seam route up the middle with reliable hands, he definitely should be in consideration. 

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The amount of people sleeping on Akeem Davis-Gaither is infuriating. :ols:

I jus have a hard time getting behind lbs who can’t shed blocks very well. I wouldn’t mind him, but see him as more of a developmental guy with upside. There are others at 108 i would rather have. 

59 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Here's my best available, not in any real order

Of that group, guys I covet most for us (not in order):

G Netane Muti

G Solomon Kindley

G Cameron Clark

T Saahdiq Charles

WR Collin Johnson

WR Antonio Gandy Golden

TE Albert O

LB Akeem Davis-Gaither

LB Shaq Quarterman

CB Amik Robinson

S/CB Bryce Hall

S Kenny Robinson

I'd go Akeem Davis-Gaither with our first 4th and then on the second one Saahdiq Charles or one of the guards.

Then in the 5th I think Kenny Robinson might be there. Bryce Hall might be gone then, but I like his versatility of CB/S. I think he'd be a nasty safety for us.

Nice list.

These would be my choices in the 4th. I think they need to take an OL in the 4th

I don't think they have any use for Weaver but I cannot leave him off the list, he is one of my guys!

At 108 I take

OT Saahdiq Charles

WR Tyler Johnson

TE Brycen Hopkins

LB Akeem Davis-Gaither

S/CB Bryce Hall

Later:

G Solomon Kindley

G Kevin Dotson

G Netane Muti - health issues scare me

G Hakeem Adeniji

IOL Tyler Biadasz

TE Harrison Bryant

EDGE Curtis Weaver
CB Amik Robinson

LB Shaq Quarterman - I could see the coaches liking him and want to plug him in the middle-late 4th or 5th round

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Im not talking about round placement. I’m talking about skill set. I thought he was a 3-4 rounder, too. And I’m not shocked Asiasi went high.

Deguara and Keene throws me for a loop, though. I think Steve is on the money. These are move guys, not in-line guys. But still. Didn’t see them being drafted that far ahead of Trautman. 

Keene IMO looked sneaky good in a small sample, I recalled calling him a poor man's Asiasi ironically and listed him as one of my guys.  He's a well rounded TE, nice potential,   He can block. And has good size.  Deguara is more of an H back size wise but he also is a decent blocker.  

Clearly, some teams are putting a premium on versatile TEs.  As for Trautman he went in the third as most projected.  The fact that the Saints of all teams took him, a team that knows how to find good weapons with a HC with a good eye for that to me if anything is vindication for Trautman.

7 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Nice list.

These would be my choices in the 4th. I think they need to take an OL in the 4th

I don't think they have any use for Weaver but I cannot leave him off the list, he is one of my guys!

At 108 I take

OT Saahdiq Charles

WR Tyler Johnson

TE Brycen Hopkins

LB Akeem Davis-Gaither

S/CB Bryce Hall

Later:

G Solomon Kindley

G Kevin Dotson

G Netane Muti - health issues scare me

G Hakeem Adeniji

IOL Tyler Biadasz

TE Harrison Bryant

EDGE Curtis Weaver
CB Amik Robinson

LB Shaq Quarterman - I could see the coaches liking him and want to plug him in the middle-late 4th or 5th round

I think I’m actually with you completely on the list. Then take either Hall or Robinson with the 5th or a leftover G/T from this list or both. I think these guys all have a shot to contribute meaningfully.

I did, however, not realize Harrison Bryant was still available. He belongs on my list and as a possible pick with our first 4.

15 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

The knock on Albert has been:

If we are looking for a bigger guy to be a target in the red zone, or a split TE who can run a seam route up the middle with reliable hands, he definitely should be in consideration. 

I jus have a hard time getting behind lbs who can’t shed blocks very well. I wouldn’t mind him, but see him as more of a developmental guy with upside. There are others at 108 i would rather have. 

IMO he is the ultimate boom-bust among the TEs.  I'd risk it in the 4th but I probably prefer Harrison Bryant and Hopkins slightly over him.  Hunter Bryant to me is also boom-bust but I'd take Albert O over him because I prefer O's size and blocking over Hunter. 

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think I’m actually with you completely on the list. Then take either Hall or Robinson with the 5th or a leftover G/T from this list or both. I think these guys all have a shot to contribute meaningfully.

I did, however, not realize Harrison Bryant was still available. He belongs on my list and as a possible pick with our first 4.

I did make that one alteration to our list :ols:

Do they trade back slightly from 108? I can see them wanting another pick. Still a lot of needs.

I’m just glad I’m not seeing KJ Hill pop up on people’s lists. I’d take him in the 6th or 7th maybe. He has some kind of potential. But 4/5 is too early for him. I’m not sure he’s the best available receiver from his college team.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/9630156?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The Athletic's Grant Paulsen reports the Redskins want to run more 21 personnel (two running backs, one tight end) with rookie Antonio Gibson and Derrius Guice or Adrian Peterson on the field at the same time.

Redskins declared Gibson as a wide receiver at No. 66 but he'll assuredly transition from Memphis as a multi-purpose weapon. Arguably the most efficient player in the nation (15.6 yards per touch) last year, Gibson led all FBS receivers and running backs in yards after contact per attempt (8.0), mounting an otherworldly 33 broken tackles on 71 touches with the Tigers. Given Washington's lack of offensive weapons, there's clearly more than enough room for Gibson to line up either out wide or in the slot while Guice and Peterson stay glued to the backfield. New Redskins OC Scott Turner previously experimented by giving Curtis Samuel nine carries over Carolina's last four games in 2019, likely envisioning Gibson in a similar role this upcoming year.

Yup. Makes sense. Gibson as the H that can carry the ball or release (or outright as a slot) is the ideal usage. He can do a lot of damage from there. The fact he could wheel down the sideline while McLaurin runs a post inside of him has me giddy. 

Yes. He can bust. Agree with some there. I just don’t think he will if he has the work ethic.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

The amount of people sleeping on Akeem Davis-Gaither is infuriating. :ols:

I am not sleeping on him.  If I recall @volsmet was the first to mention him during the college season.  And I was the first or among them to write a long report on the dude.  I am a big fan of his, too. You aren't alone. 😉

He's a baller, swiss army knife.  Watching him tackle, you'd have no idea he's undersized, he plays with attitude, he's rangy.  Perfect nickle player among other things.   

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 9.22.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 9.23.20 AM.png

I thank @stevemcqueen1 for mentioning Muti last night.  I brought him up about 2 weeks ago and then forgot about him.  Now it's hard for me to stop thinking about the dude.  😀I got no idea about his health though.  I was a big Will Hernandez guy years big.  A big Robert Hunt guy this year.  Muti is of that ilk.  He played LG, too which is perfect.

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 9.27.46 AM.png

Tyler Johnson would be my pick at the top of the fourth.  He's the BPA by far to me.  But I don't think we're going to draft a receiver.

The other guys I like are Dotson, Biadasz, Amik, Gaither, and Harrison Bryant.  Biadasz and Bryant would be a great fourth round to me.  So would Amik and one of those two.

I have a feeling that the FO is higher on our linebackers and receivers than we are, and that we're going to be frustrated by them passing on guys like Tyler Johnson and ADG.

I wouldn't trade down if Johnson is available.  But if we're not going to pick him, I think trading back in order to add another fifth or a sixth makes sense.

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Tyler Johnson would be my pick at the top of the fourth.  He's the BPA by far to me.  But I don't think we're going to draft a receiver.

The other guys I like are Dotson, Biadasz, Amik, Gaither, and Harrison Bryant.  Biadasz and Bryant would be a great fourth round to me.  So would Amik and one of those two.

I have a feeling that the FO is higher on our linebackers and receivers than we are, and that we're going to be frustrated by them passing on guys like Tyler Johnson and ADG.

I wouldn't trade down if Johnson is available.  But if we're not going to pick him, I think trading back in order to add another fifth or a sixth makes sense.

How is Tyler Johnson different from Kelvin Harmon? They seem like similar players to me.

29 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'd dig Tyler Johnson, he's definitely among the top 5 guys I want right now.  He was among the players I listed in "my guys" list.  Granted i did list though a bunch of receivers but I loved so many in this draft, i got to go back and look at that list but if I recall he's my highest rated WR left.   

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 9.51.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 9.52.12 AM.png

I just quickly watched most of Tony Pride's game against Georgia and then read a report on him.  He can be an interesting get.

He's more physical than I expected, he can press well, he runs right at the hip of receivers a lot and smothers them in a good way.  A bit grabby, he's going to get penalties doing that in the NFL.   He's really fast so tough to beat deep.  He's active against the run.  The negative rap on him is he has atrocious ball skills.

Especially in this round its tough not to like really fast corners, who are physical with enough size and can run a 4.4.  He played outside CB in the game I watched.

pl

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I’m just glad I’m not seeing KJ Hill pop up on people’s lists. I’d take him in the 6th or 7th maybe. He has some kind of potential. But 4/5 is too early for him. I’m not sure he’s the best available receiver from his college team.

how bout Ty Johnson the WR from Minnesota or do we have enough WR's now?

Archived