Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

I had Albert O as my number 2 TE in this draft. He has great tracking ability, phenomenal speed and measurements, and acceptable blocking ability. He looked great with Lock on seam routes. Terrible qb play this year. But I think his athletic upside is worth a pick. 

Just don’t trust the competition with Trautman. 

Those last to picks brought me down. Burgess was my choice at safety, and I was hoping for Trautman. Tyre Phillips was a solid sleeper. With our next pick, I'm guessing we take one of the tackles (Prince W., Saahdiq Charles, or maybe Bartch). Bryce Hall seems like a good possibility as well. Albert O and Harrison Bryant appear to be the best tight ends available. Gandy-Golden and KJ Hill at wide receiver, but I don't think we should put more into that position right now. 

Just now, Skins199021 said:

Jacon Eason is probably the BPA, what do the BPA think of taking him if he is? 

Honestly taking Trey Adams here.... our O-line sucks

Adams is a 6th or 7th rounder. Lots of better tackles available. 

7 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

Jacon Eason is probably the BPA, what do the BPA think of taking him if he is? 

Honestly taking Trey Adams here.... our O-line sucks

Eason is not the BPA imo. Wouldn't touch him now personally.

On 3/31/2020 at 9:19 AM, HTTRDynasty said:

Spoke my fears of a Redskins trade down into existence:

1. CINCINNATI BENGALS — QB JOE BURROW, LSU

The consensus No. 1 pick, Burrow is coming off one of the best seasons in college football history and the best season we’ve graded since 2014. He throws accurately to all levels of the field, and he’s the kind of signal-caller the Bengals need to turn the franchise around. Burrow had the highest grades in the nation on all 10-plus yard throws, including a ridiculous 68.6% completion rate on passes in the intermediate (10-19-yard) range.

2. MIAMI DOLPHINS (TRADE WITH WASHINGTON REDSKINS) — QB TUA TAGOVAILOA, ALABAMA

There are two ways to generate incredible value with the No. 2 overall pick: draft a franchise quarterback or trade back and accumulate more picks. The Redskins should at least consider Tagovailoa, but a trade back is best for their long-term prospects, as they can now add three potential starters to a depleted roster.

As for the Dolphins, they’ve positioned themselves beautifully to make this move with three first-round picks in their arsenal. They’ll gladly package that extra draft capital to draft Tagovailoa, who has posted 90.0-plus passing grades in each of the past two seasons and spreads the ball around the field with strong accuracy. The biggest question mark is his health, as he’s been banged up multiple times throughout his college career, including his 2019 season-ending hip injury.

3. DETROIT LIONS — CB JEFFREY OKUDAH, OHIO STATE

There’s an obvious debate between Okudah and his teammate, Chase Young, but the Lions’ man-coverage attack desperately needs more options on the back end, and Okudah’s production and measurables make him the top cornerback on the PFF draft board. Okudah has excellent movement size, speed and movement skills — all excellent fits for what the Lions need opposite new cornerback Desmond Trufant on the outside.

4. NEW YORK GIANTS — EDGE CHASE YOUNG, OHIO STATE

This is a great scenario for the Giants, who get the best pass-rusher in the draft in Young and fill an immediate position of need. The Giants really need playmakers all over the defense, and Young’s 96.1 overall grade last season is the best we’ve seen since we started grading in 2014. He had a ridiculous 56 pressures (18 sacks, seven quarterback hits, 31 hurries) on just 320 rushes last season.

5. WASHINGTON REDSKINS (TRADE WITH MIAMI DOLPHINS) — OT ANDREW THOMAS, GEORGIA

Washington’s trade down allows it to fill two holes on a weak roster, starting with the left tackle of the future in Thomas. He’s the best combination of pass- and run-blocker in the draft, as he is the only tackle in the class to rank in the top three in both departments last season (89.0 pass-block grade, 91.4 run-block grade).

6. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS — QB JUSTIN HERBERT, OREGON

While Herbert doesn’t project as well as Burrow or Tagovailoa at the next level, the Chargers have an excellent roster aside from question marks with Tyrod Taylor as the listed starter. Herbert does his best work down the field in between the numbers, and wide receivers Mike Williams and Keenan Allen along with tight end Hunter Henry should play well with his skillset. Finding a solid quarterback is a risky proposition, and picking Herbert certainly is risky despite his excellent tools, but the payout is too great if he can put it all together.

7. CAROLINA PANTHERS — LB/S ISAIAH SIMMONS, CLEMSON

With linebacker Luke Kuechly retiring, adding a coverage playmaker is a high priority for the Panthers, and that’s exactly what Simmons brings to the table. He made high-level plays from the slot, both safety positions and in the box for Clemson — a skillset that will give the Panthers plenty of options as they rebuild their defense. I like Simmons as an early-down strong safety and a nickel/dime joker who can fill a game-plan specific role.

6 minutes ago, redskinsrmylyfe said:

It would be really nice if we could get OJ Howard

If we are going TE at 108, I would rather just draft Albert Okwuegbunam than trade for OJ at this point. He’s got the hands. Projects as a Mark Andrews / Kyle Rudolph type of TE. Meaning, he has the hands and size you are looking for. A red zone threat. Phenomenal speed that didn’t really show in game. But no where near the blocking skills as either of them. 

( my sleeper pick is still Cheyenne O’Grady... but that’s a later pick should we go Tackle at 108)

29 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Okay. We missed something with Trautman and Albert O.

Trautman went in the third, most mocks had him 2nd-3rd.  Some see Albert O as a boom-bust prospect so he was all over the map in mocks.

Some of my dark horse TEs like Keene went way earlier than I expected.  

Wonder if a team looking for a TE gets desperate tomorrow?   IMO there aren't really any well rounded TE's left.  I like Hopkins and Harrison Bryant almost equally.  Harrison is the better blocker albeit I don't think he is likely going to be a good blocker on the next level.  Harrison wouldn't be my top choice in the 4th but I wouldn't hate it.  Maybe Albert O?

I think I am Bryce Hall, Tyler Johnson or Akeem-Davis-Gaither. 

My short list for our 4’s tomorrow:

OT Saahdiq Charles

CB Bryce Hall

WR Donovan Peoples-Jonss

WR KJ Hill

WR Antonio Gandy-Golden
WR Tyler Johnson 

CB Amik Robertson

TE Hunter Bryant 

TE Thaddeus Moss

TE Albert Okwuegbenom

TE Hunter Bryant

LB Akeem Davis-Gaither

C Tyler Badiasz

So many TEs bunched together. I could see us go with CB or OT or WR and then hit TE at 4.36 or 5.16

Round 7:

WR Binjemin Victor

OT Trey Adams

I am assuming at this point Trent is our LT in 2020 so I’m cool with a developmental OT to compete at RT ... And I’m not gonna be angry if we wait until Round 7 to grab a guy like Trey Adams

*edit. Not much of a shortlist. Quite long. Lot of guys I still like. Wish we had another 1-2 4ths. Oh well

2 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

If we are going TE at 108, I would rather just draft Albert Okwuegbunam than trade for OJ at this point. He’s got the hands. Projects as a Mark Andrews / Kyle Rudolph type of TE. Meaning, he has the hands and size you are looking for. A red zone threat. Phenomenal speed that didn’t really show in game. But no where near the blocking skills as either of them. 

( my sleeper pick is still Cheyenne O’Grady... but that’s a later pick should we go Tackle at 108)

If Tampa would take a 4th for Howard I'd jump on that.

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I’m in for Albert O. 

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

My short list for our 4’s tomorrow:

OT Saahdiq Charles

CB Bryce Hall

WR Donovan Peoples-Jonss

WR KJ Hill

WR Antonio Gandy-Golden
WR Tyler Johnson 

CB Amik Robertson

TE Hunter Bryant 

TE Thaddeus Moss

TE Albert Okwuegbenom

TE Hunter Bryant

LB Akeem Davis-Gaither

C Tyler Badiasz

So many TEs bunched together. I could see us go with CB or OT or WR and then hit TE at 4.36 or 5.16

Round 7:

WR Binjemin Victor

OT Trey Adams

I am assuming at this point Trent is our LT in 2020 so I’m cool with a developmental OT to compete at RT ... And I’m not gonna be angry if we wait until Round 7 to grab a guy like Trey Adams 

If we want a RT, keep an eye on Charlie Heck, son of Chris Samuel’s predecessor at LT Andy Heck

Given the local theme though, I bet it is Bryce Hall

Archived