Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

I got to rank the WRs before the draft but am sticking with Jennings being one of my favs among the late rounds to take. @volsmet pushed me months ago to watch him.  I didn't get to it until about a month ago but yeah he's a fun watch.  His speed limits him.  But as for breaking tackles in open space, he's one of the most fun watches in the draft on that count. 

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I got to rank the WRs before the draft but am sticking with Jennings being one of my favs among the late rounds to take. @volsmet pushed me months ago to watch him.  I didn't get to it until about a month ago but yeah he's a fun watch.  His speed limits him.  But as for breaking tackles in open space, he's one of the most fun watches in the draft on that count. 

Based on everything Grant is talking about RR WILL take a TE at #66. :)

@stevemcqueen1 you mean Hunter (not Harrison) Bryant ^ right?

No way the Redskins are saying no to offers right now, especially since it’s still not 100% that Young will be there at 2.

At 66 (I’ll echo @Skinsinparadise that I love the idea of looking at it this way), I would hate going QB, and would not be thrilled with edge (assuming we land Young), or DL.  With that said, if they have an edge or DL that is far and away their BPA, it might be a great move for the future... Kerrigan and Anderson being in their final years, Allen and/or Io could be potentially traded next year, and you’ve got staggered contract years for DL in particular.  Would be an interesting dilemma for the FO.  Blacklock, Lynch, Gallimore and Madabuike would be excellent value (probably all long gone though), and Uche would be interesting because of the potential to play SLB.  Less interested in the straight edge guys at 66 - Onkwara, etc.

RB - I would be happy with Helaire, but feel like rb is generally a bad move for us there.  

WR - I’m ok with receivers like Johnson, Van Jefferson, Edwards (really like them as players), but I feel like we should have the chance at someone more highly rated (not necessarily a receiver) that surprisingly drops.  Would love Higgins, Mims, Pittman, but don’t see them dropping.  I’d dislike Claypool, Aiyuk, Hill, DPJ (though he is a wildcard receiver IMO) and maybe Hamler.  

Tackle - Niang (really like him) and Jackson (didn’t like him on initial watch, but I’ve come around).  Would hate any other tackles at this point (except Hunt, who probably moves inside).  

IOL - I’m not really sure who I’d like/hate here, but we could use a starting caliber player to compete at RG, C or (possibly) replace Scherff next year.  Don’t see us ‘forcing’ a pick here though.  

Corner - there is a load of good corners and it seems likely that at least one drops to 66.  No one stands out as someone I’d hate at this point.   

S - after the top 4 or 5 guys, I’d think we’re better off going in a different direction, so any other S would be a disappointment (except Dugger).  

TE - only Kmet and Trautman are worth it to me at this point.  I’d hate Albert O. at 66.  

LB - Would love Davis-Gaither.  Guess I’d hate a limited, high production guy like Weaver or something crazy like that.  Definitely don’t want Gay Jr - not a fan at all.   

5 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

@stevemcqueen1 you mean Hunter (not Harrison) Bryant ^ right?

No way the Redskins are saying no to offers right now, especially since it’s still not 100% that Young will be there at 2.

At 66 (I’ll echo @Skinsinparadise that I love the idea of looking at it this way), I would hate going QB, and would not be thrilled with edge (assuming we land Young), or DL.  With that said, if they have an edge or DL that is far and away their BPA, it might be a great move for the future... Kerrigan and Anderson being in their final years, Allen and/or Io could be potentially traded next year, and you’ve got staggered contract years for DL in particular.  Would be an interesting dilemma for the FO.  Blacklock, Lynch, Gallimore and Madabuike would be excellent value (probably all long gone though), and Uche would be interesting because of the potential to play SLB.  Less interested in the straight edge guys at 66 - Onkwara, etc.

RB - I would be happy with Helaire, but feel like rb is generally a bad move for us there.  

WR - I’m ok with receivers like Johnson, Van Jefferson, Edwards (really like them as players), but I feel like we should have the chance at someone more highly rated (not necessarily a receiver) that surprisingly drops.  Would love Higgins, Mims, Pittman, but don’t see them dropping.  I’d dislike Claypool, Aiyuk, Hill, DPJ (though he is a wildcard receiver IMO) and maybe Hamler.  

Tackle - Niang (really like him) and Jackson (didn’t like him on initial watch, but I’ve come around).  Would hate any other tackles at this point (except Hunt, who probably moves inside).  

IOL - I’m not really sure who I’d like/hate here, but we could use a starting caliber player to compete at RG, C or (possibly) replace Scherff next year.  Don’t see us ‘forcing’ a pick here though.  

Corner - there is a load of good corners and it seems likely that at least one drops to 66.  No one stands out as someone I’d hate at this point.   

S - after the top 4 or 5 guys, I’d think we’re better off going in a different direction, so any other S would be a disappointment (except Dugger).  

TE - only Kmet and Trautman are worth it to me at this point.  I’d hate Albert O. at 66.  

LB - Would love Davis-Gaither.  Guess I’d hate a limited, high production guy like Weaver or something crazy like that.  Definitely don’t want Gay Jr - not a fan at all.   

Agreed and highlighted.  One of them will be there thus you select one of them at #66. :)

12 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Based on everything Grant is talking about RR WILL take a TE at #66. :)

Frankly I hope they don't have any preconceived strategy about what position they are or not taking in the third round or whatever.  Go BPA.

When Grant and Standig though have explained further in other segments as to why no TE in the third, it's predicated on them thinking the top ones go before their pick.  They might be right but what if one of them slips?  In theory, my favorite value at TE would be Asiasi in the 4th or maybe Harrison Bryant or Hopkins in the late 4th, early 5th.    But its impossible to know if a theory plays out in practice until it actually plays out.  

For me personally, if I had to take a stab at a position in advance it would be CB or WR in the 3rd will be BPA.  But no way to know until it plays out. 

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Frankly I hope they don't have any preconceived strategy about what position they are or not taking in the third round or whatever.  Go BPA.

When Grant and Standig though have explained further in other segments as to why no TE in the third, it's predicated on them thinking the top ones go before their pick.  They might be right but what if one of them slips?  In theory, my favorite value at TE would be Asiasi in the 4th or maybe Harrison Bryant or Hopkins in the late 4th, early 5th.    But its impossible to know if a theory plays out in practice until it actually plays out.  

For me personally, if I had to take a stab at a position in advance it would be CB or WR in the 3rd will be BPA.  But no way to know until it plays out. 

With all due respect, SIP the O uses multiple TEs.  We don't have an "IT" TE on this team thus I hope they go TE at #66 both Kmet and Trautman are rated around that overall number at #66 in most draft boards. :)

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

There is no way Atlanta has the package for the Skins to move. 

Anything is possible IMO. Word is the Skins really want a veteran WR. Calvin Ridley packaged with number 16, 47, 78 and future number ones might interest some in the front office.

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Anything is possible IMO. Word is the Skins really want a veteran WR. Calvin Ridley packaged with number 16, 47, 78 and future number ones might interest some in the front office.

I have, personally, no interest in 16. Brown, Young, Simmons, and likely the top 3 tackles are gone at that point. 

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just read the McGinn Scouts rating the LBs.  He added their Wonderlic scores,  I put the Wonderlic score next to their ranking.  They ranked them:

1. Simmons 12

2.  Queen 24

3.  Murray 21

4.  Baun 24

5. J.  Brooks 10

6.  Gay 14

7.  L. Wilson 16

8. Davis-Gaither -- no score for him

I attach their write up of one of my guys in this draft.  Davis-Gaither who I know @KDawg among others like, too. Kdawg would have a snit if he read the full report.comments on Simmons. 😀 The good news on that front is that he's their favorite LB but man some of those scouts were pretty tough on parts of his game, it was far from all violins. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 10.09.37 AM.png

Nice.   Queen gets little talk around here these days but he is one of my favorites. 

At 66 I would love LB Gaither or Wilson or one of the top S if one falls to 66.

I will also add Hall in this group as I've stated, he can play CB and S.

Doubt the go defense at 66 if they go Young though.

Offensively I think a guy like Wilson or Niang would be a smart take...or one of the many talented WR's that can play slot and outside.

I am with SIP and hold on TE until the 4th where there should be a few good options. Asiasi has been my guy for all around ability - I am assuming Kmet and Trautman are gone at 66.

I like Biadasz or Hennessy in the 4th

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

Nice.   Queen gets little talk around here these days but he is one of my favorites. 

At 66 I would love LB Gaither or Wilson or one of the top S if one falls to 66.

I will also add Hall in this group as I've stated, he can play CB and S.

Doubt the go defense at 66 if they go Young though.

Offensively I think a guy like Wilson or Niang would be a smart take...or one of the many talented WR's that can play slot or outside.

I am with SIP and hold on TE until the 4th where there should be a few good options. Asiasi has been my guy for all around ability - I am assuming Kmet and Trautman are gone at 66.

I like Biadasz or Hennessy in the 4th

Im with you. Love queen. But he will be long gone at 66. I do like Gaithers at 66. Would tranform the front 7 into something very special

10 minutes ago, panahoo said:

Im with you. Love queen. But he will be long gone at 66. I do like Gaithers at 66. Would tranform the front 7 into something very special

Agreed!  Yeah, my comment on Queen was meant more general.I expect him to be gone by no later that the mid 2nd round.

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Anything is possible IMO.

I somewhat agree, maybe not all the way back to 16, but I would not discount anything.

It may not make sense to most, but the reality is it doesn’t need to make sense. This is the NFL draft. A lot of things won’t make sense. If someone loves a prospect, in particular a QB, and the move has to be to #2. Well I would keep an open mind until our pick is in to be honest.

Probably my favourite mock so far,

2: EDGE CHASE YOUNG, OHIO STATE

66: LB JORDYN BROOKS, TEXAS TECH

108: CB DARNAY HOLMES, UCLA

142: TE DEVIN ASIASI, UCLA

162: WR JOE REED, VIRGINIA

216: G CAMERON CLARK, CHARLOTTE

229: G JON RUNYAN, MICHIGAN

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Probably my favourite mock so far,

2: EDGE CHASE YOUNG, OHIO STATE

66: LB JORDYN BROOKS, TEXAS TECH

108: CB DARNAY HOLMES, UCLA

142: TE DEVIN ASIASI, UCLA

162: WR JOE REED, VIRGINIA

216: G CAMERON CLARK, CHARLOTTE

229: G JON RUNYAN, MICHIGAN

I think Joe Reed is gonna open a lot of eyes at the next level. 

I don’t think Brooks is there in the 3rd. I have him as a surprise first rounder in my mock (working in second round, realized I forgot a guy in the first round). Hoping to get a 7 rounder together by the time the draft starts.

Though I purposely made a few surprise picks that I think have value that I also have some questions on if they happen.

13 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Me neither. Bachie on day 3 is option B for me.

I like Bachie a lot as well. But I dont know if he makes it to day 3. Team Captain and best player on that defense IMO. Yeah he failed a test. But the details of it are not bad for him. Over the counter stuff failed him.

Linebackers typically go later than expected.  So do safeties and runningbacks.  I think there is a strong chance RB or Safety will be the bpa at 66.  I've gotten each of the top four running backs at 66 in recent mocks except for Swift.  And one of both of dugger and chinn have consistently been available too.

30 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I like Bachie a lot as well. But I dont know if he makes it to day 3. Team Captain and best player on that defense IMO. Yeah he failed a test. But the details of it are not bad for him. Over the counter stuff failed him.

I think he’ll last until the late 4th. Must admit as much as I like Brooks, the value of getting Bachie later in the draft is probably more appealing. Especially as he gets a year to mentor alongside Davis.

And on the flip side, as much as I like Reed and Hill at receiver, I really think we are looking for someone a bit more ‘high end’. Either a faller to the top of the third, or we move up into the second....or we trade Trent..

Lots of options. Just want us to acquire a couple more picks. Here’s hoping.

Archived