Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Moving up to 3 for an OT in this strong class does not feel like a smart use of resources for the Dolphins EVEN IF they could take or leave these QBs (which I also don't believe).

The only team that leak benefits is Detroit if they suspect the Giants want that OT at 4. 

Not buying it.

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Moving up to 3 for an OT in this strong class does not feel like a smart use of resources for the Dolphins EVEN IF they could take or leave these QBs (which I also don't believe).

The only team that leak benefits is Detroit if they suspect the Giants want that OT at 4. 

Not buying it.

same here. They traded away their LT to acquire picks. Trading some of those picks away to pick a LT doesn’t add up.

Yeah, I have trouble believing Miami would trade up for OT.

Only way I could see it is if Detroit has 2 guys rated equally (beyond the player Miami would be moving for) and so are willing to take something like a 3rd to trade back to 5.  Miami would still have tons of ammo.  Also only see that happening if they have one OT significantly better rated/suited for them.  

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not buying it. 

Miami has really shown how obtuse a bunch of the reporters covering the NFL are.  They traded off their entire roster to tank and accumulate the assets to get Tua Tagavailoa.  It's been obvious since day one that he's their guy.  If they trade up with Detroit, it will be for him and no one else.

I can't believe how gullible and uncritical these reporters have been.

Breer's mocks are totally about using sources and riding with what he's hearing.  So apparently he's hearing Isaiah Wilson, Cole Kmet, Jaylon Johnson and Jalen Reagor are going in the first.  Wow if so, I can see Jaylon.  I'd be surprised about the other three albeit I like all three more than some do.  Judging by most mocks as we get closer, odds are none of those 4 players fall to our pick. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/04/21/nfl-mock-draft-17-dolphins-herbert-ruggs-lamb?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Miami has really shown how obtuse a bunch of the reporters covering the NFL are.  They traded off their entire roster to tank and accumulate the assets to get Tua Tagavailoa.  It's been obvious since day one that he's their guy.  If they trade up with Detroit, it will be for him and no one else.

Will see.  I live in South Florida and consume a lot of their media and talk to a lot of their fans some of whom I am closely related to.  I am the dude who posted to death on this thread last year that they loved Tua.

But if I am running with the current narrative.  And granted it could be all BS.  It's somewhat like this:

A.  They LOVE Burrow.  They'd give up the moon for him and have offered such to Cincy but Cincy isn't budging.

B.  They still love Tua but there is a big disclaimer to him now as to the injury concerns. They likely take him if he falls to their pick and might trade up if they can do it cheap.  But there is some genuine waffling in that FO about Tua and they won't trade the moon for him. 

C.  They have some fascination for Jordan Love if they can get him at some point in the draft.   

D.  Mixed message on Herbert.  Some say they like him, some saying not. 

Gronk to Bucs trade ... could have MAJOR implication on the draft. Unless it's player-for-player Gronk for OJ Howard?

One rumor is the Bucs and Pats swap 1st round picks. The Pats at #14 is intriguing. That positions them to move up for Tua if he starts falling.

If it is not Howard for Gronk, Howard is even more on the trading block, IMO.

Not sure a Trent trade to the Bucs is likely if thye take on Gronk. They have limited cap space to begin with.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Breer's mocks are totally about using sources and riding with what he's hearing.  So apparently he's hearing Isaiah Wilson, Cole Kmet, Jaylon Johnson and Jalen Reagor are going in the first.  Wow if so, I can see Jaylon.  I'd be surprised about the other three albeit I like all three more than some do.  Judging by most mocks as we get closer, odds are none of those 4 players fall to our pick. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/04/21/nfl-mock-draft-17-dolphins-herbert-ruggs-lamb?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com

I have been hesitant to mention this because it is not first hand knowledge...but I know two people "fairly close" to Kmet and the impression I got was that he entered the draft this year, in part, because he received information that was favorable to him being a top 40-50 player.  Like I said...not sure if true but we'll see soon.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

B.  They still love Tua but there is a big disclaimer to him now as to the injury concerns. They likely take him if he falls to their pick and might trade up if they can do it cheap.  But there is some genuine waffling in that FO about Tua. 

Tua is their guy.  They've known since last season that they wanted him and they went to huge lengths to get into position to acquire him.  All the lying they've been doing about not wanting him the past few months is just to keep people from leapfrogging them or driving up the asking price on a trade up.  They're going to get him, IMO.  They'll pick him if he's there at five, but I think they're going to trade up for him at 3 or 4, and I don't think the asking price will be very bad.

6 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Gronk to Bucs trade ... could have MAJOR implication on the draft. Unless it's player-for-player Gronk for OJ Howard? 

One rumor is the Bucs and Pats swap 1st round picks. The Pats at #14 is intriguing. That positions them to move up for Tua if he starts falling. 

JFC.  If New England manages to trade a RETIRED player to jump up in the first round, that will be a new low for the stupidity of the rest of the league vis a vis New England.  How do they keep finding people willing to trade with them?

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Tua is their guy.  They've known since last season that they wanted him and they went to huge lengths to get into position to acquire him.  All the lying they've been doing about not wanting him the past few months is just to keep people from leapfrogging them or driving up the asking price on a trade up.  They're going to get him, IMO.  They'll pick him if he's there at five, but I think they're going to trade up for him at 3 or 4, and I don't think the asking price will be very bad.

I agree.  If anything the Herbert love is a ruse.  Never believed that part of the equation. 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not buying it.

With all of their picks, if they think Thomas is their guy then why not give up an extra 3rd to get him?

16 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Agreed.  They have spent months accumulating resources for a run at Tua but now they are moving up for a tackle?!? 

I'm still hoping they trade up to the 3rd pick before the draft so and we can squeeze a mid-round pick out of them to move from 3 to 2.  Chase and an extra pick to move from 2 to 3 is my dream scenario.  

Archived