Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

They'd both still be drafting ahead of us.  Each of them have an easier SOS.

Here's a good website to keep track of where we stand in regards to draft order, with real-time updates: http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

I imagine SoS changes based on the records of the teams you have played throughout the season. Plenty of time for stuff like that to change.

And Miami has flirted with wins their last two games. They could win more than a single game.

Of course, you have to account for the outlier game we will likely end up winning somehow.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Young has 13.5 sacks and 14.5 TFLs and five fumbles forced in eight freaking games.  He has a real shot at 20 sacks.  And he gets pulled late in games.

He's the most dynamic edge rushing prospect since Kalil Mack.  He has that kind of potential.

Yep.  4 sacks on the day.  We got to pray Tua and Burrow light it up or Young ends up a pipe dream. 

7 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Young with 4 sacks, lmao.  2 strip-sacks.  Dolphins might take him #1 overall.

😂

You're not wrong.  But Miami has moved Heaven and Earth and set their franchise's integrity on fire to get Tua, and if they pass on him when the moment finally comes, I will lose it.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Young has 13.5 sacks and 14.5 TFLs and five fumbles forced in eight freaking games.  He has a real shot at 20 sacks.  And he gets pulled late in games.

He's the most dynamic edge rushing prospect since Kalil Mack.  He has that kind of potential.

Lawrence Taylor

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep.  4 sacks on the day.  We got to pray Tua and Burrow light it up or Young ends up a pipe dream.  

Young's Q Rating is off the charts right now.  But Tua is a special QB prospect.  We'll get closer to the draft and it'll become clear that he'll go number one.  Unless we end up picking first.  Burrow I'm not sure about at all.

My gut says Young will be the second pick.  That's what we have to get to in order to have a realistic chance at him.

Switched to the Oklahoma game, I think Ceedee Lamb has eclipsed Jeudy for me as my favorite WR prospect -- what a play just now by that dude.  Having said that, my mind might change shortly when the Alabama game starts. 

If we can get a first for Trent, we likely pull two super stars from this draft. 

14 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Young's Q Rating is off the charts right now.  But Tua is a special QB prospect.  We'll get closer to the draft and it'll become clear that he'll go number one.  Unless we end up picking first.  Burrow I'm not sure about at all.

My gut says Young will be the second pick.  That's what we have to get to in order to have a realistic chance at him.

I think so, too.  I love Tua.  My concern about him though is durability and here we go again on that front.  But yeah hoping Miami maintains its main crush on him.  One thing working in our favor is both Miami and Cincy need a QB. 

42 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Agreed.  I'd rather have young at this point.  But the great part of this is that before, the #1 pick had tremendous trade value, with a big drop off after that.  Now, both #1 and #2 will have a ton of value, which of course means the skins will find a way to pick 3rd. 😂

51 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I don't think the Dolphins are our biggest threat to snag Young.  They have had their sights set on Tua for a while now and they see him as the next Drew Brees.  If we can get the #2 he will be ours for the taking, my only concern though is the two idiots in charge Dan Bruce falling in love with a QB or drafting Thomas. 

The 2020 draft is rich in OT, but so is the 2021 draft.  5 OTs in top 10 in this mock draft.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2021charlie.php

4 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

I don't think the Dolphins are our biggest threat to snag Young.  They have had their sights set on Tua for a while now and they see him as the next Drew Brees.  If we can get the #2 he will be ours for the taking, my only concern though is the two idiots in charge Dan Bruce falling in love with a QB or drafting Thomas. 

Chase young is having a monster season, and I think the draft process will be kinder to young than tua.  I don't personally view tua as a slam dunk NFL quarterback like others do.  My fear is we get the second pick, the dolphins take young, and we take tua and he busts.

11 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

The 2020 draft is rich in OT, but so is the 2021 draft.  5 OTs in top 10 in this mock draft.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2021charlie.php

Chase young is having a monster season, and I think the draft process will be kinder to young than tua.  I don't personally view tua as a slam dunk NFL quarterback like others do.  My fear is we get the second pick, the dolphins take young, and we take tua and he busts.

That's where having a smart competent front office would come in handy.  If we had the #2 pick and Miami took Young then that's the time to trade down and load up on picks because theres a handful of teams drooling over Tua and ready to unload some picks for him

53 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

That's where having a smart competent front office would come in handy.  If we had the #2 pick and Miami took Young then that's the time to trade down and load up on picks because theres a handful of teams drooling over Tua and ready to unload some picks for him

I see it being incredibly unlikely that Miami takes Chase Young at #1 overall. I think they've had their Tank for Tua strategy going in full gear for some time now and they're not going to change that. We'll have a top 3 pick. If we happen to get #2 and Miami DID take Young and we had Tua in our lap there would be a few questions :

1) Did Haskins get to play a good amount the through the rest of this season? If Haskins doesn't get to play for the rest of the season then we won't take Tua because without enough direct evidence Dan will force the issue and say that we keep going with him. Only way that changes is if our new HC manages to get in writing that he has sole control over all football matters. Which is incredibly unlikely.

2) if Haskins does play for the rest of the season what did he do? Did he bomb and not improve? Did he not play that great but showed marked improvement over time once he had enough 1st team reps and enough preparation as the starter for games? Did it suddenly click for him and he balled out? 

3) If it ends up being the middle option above and Haskins doesn't play great, but he shows enough improvement through the rest of the season for us to think that with another offseason he could potentially make the leap to being a very good NFL QB then that's trickier and it prompts this question: How much better would Tua have to be as a prospect (according to OUR scouts and coaches and not just us here on ES) for us to decide that it's worth it to take Tua and try to trade Haskins?

If Tua drops to us and Haskins has played the rest of the season and bombed then it's probably a no brainer...assuming Tua manages to stay healthy. His injury possibility is starting to become a real concern IMO. If Haskins plays and it suddenly clicks and he starts balling out (IMO unlikely with all of his fundamental and mechanics issues...but who knows) then there would probably be a few teams who would give up some serious draft hauls to move up and take Tua, so we could cash in big time there.

But this is Bruce Allen and the Redskins. So with our luck MIami will do something totally unexpected like taking Burrow (who I actually really do like a lot), we'll then have Tua, Young, Jeudy, and Okudah sitting in our laps...and we'll draft for need and take Andrew Thomas at #2.  :(

21 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I would love to see mid-season big boards from some of the ES draft evaluators or maybe a college top 10 players to increase my awareness on who to watch for?

Here are some that are usually around the top of most boards. 

Chase Young Edge Ohio State

Tua Tagovailoa  QB Alabama

Joe Burrows QB LSU

Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama

Jeffrey Okudah CB Ohio State

Andrew Thomas OT Georgia

Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson

Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa

AJ Epenesa Edge Iowa 

Ceedee Lamb WR Oklahoma 

Kristian Fulton CB LSU

Grant Delpit S LSU 

Delpit got hurt, wonder if he's OK?  I admit I haven't watched Burrow that closely this season.  I am not blown away by what am seeing today but agree he comes off like a tough-feisty player.  

But I do want the league to be hyped on Burrow.    Anything to make it easier to get Young.

.  I am not blown aw

Yeah Burrow didn't put up the big numbers today like he has all season long but he also didn't do anything to make me feel any different about him. To his credit that's a pretty damn good Auburn defense he had to face.  I still think hes in the top 3 for quarterbacks this year.  We'll know more in two weeks. Darn shame Tua is hurt because it will be awesome watching both of the top quarterbacks going head to head. 

Archived