Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For receivers I've tired to watch 2-5 games depending on the player and I haven't gotten to Jennings yet.  But will.  Since he played for your favorite team, what do you think of him?

His footwork is good, his hands are good, his ability after the catch made him excellent for the Vols, but he’s not going to break as many tackles in the nfl & his speed limits him. He’s uncomfortable to go up against, he will block & he will make the contested grabs, but he’s not quick enough or fast enough to win on the outside which makes him a big slot imo. On the outside you need quicker feet to get separation but the closer you are to the qb the easier it is to get enough space with your hips & he can create that space & box out v quicker dbs; He’s often times better at moving the db than he is at moving himself & the inside leaves less recovery time for the db. He was a very good basketball player & a fairly highly recruited QB coming out of Hs.

When it comes to mentality, he’s the most ferocious competitor we’ve had since Al Wilson.

Juaun dunk:

This is kinda about the draft, but i saw something that says the bears are thinking about trading Khalil Mack to us for the #2 overall pick? It’s From total pro sports website so not sure if any of this actually happens....but would you take Khalil Mack in exchange for the #2 pick, or say no and draft chase young?

Imagine a QB so good that he had people believing Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker & Julius Thomas we’re easy pro bowlers headed for the hof.

Imagine that QB loses feeling in his throwing arm, deteriorates into the worst QB in the league, & his team wins the SB.

Now imagine paying 30 million + for a QB.

85CB6BB9-2E99-40CA-8D33-B148F00F5996.gif

36 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

This is kinda about the draft, but i saw something that says the bears are thinking about trading Khalil Mack to us for the #2 overall pick? It’s From total pro sports website so not sure if any of this actually happens....but would you take Khalil Mack in exchange for the #2 pick, or say no and draft chase young?

I read an article where the writer said:

"The problem with any move of this magnitude is logistics. Without a 1st round pick of their own, the Bears would have to find a way to convince the Redskins to part with the #2 pick without getting a 1st in 2020 in return. The only way that gets done is with Mack involved. He’s still a terror and squarely in his prime. Coupled with their two 2nd rounders and probably two future 1sts in 2021 and 2022 would be the ballpark needed to get it done."

So Mack, 2 future firsts and their 2 second rounders this year. That's kinda tempting.

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

Bucky Brooks top 5 by position - Tua is apparently #1 on his chart. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001101880/article/bucky-brooks-top-5-2020-nfl-draft-prospects-by-position-10

He should be, by a wide margin, imo. 

@stevemcqueen1 won’t be pleased with the RB rankings — he will be mortified by the Edge rankings.

No Johnson in the CB top 5, rings true for me, but Bucky is not going to please the ES.

20 minutes ago, volsmet said:

He should be, by a wide margin, imo. 

@stevemcqueen1 won’t be pleased with the RB rankings — he will be mortified by the Edge rankings.

No Johnson in the CB top 5, rings true for me, but Bucky is not going to please the ES.

I think the whole list is pretty accurate outside of Ruiz not being a top 5 center.

48 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I think the whole list is pretty accurate outside of Ruiz not being a top 5 center.

I liked seeing Henny on the list, I like what I’ve seen from him early, though I’d prefer to see him on a list that was merely for C’s rather than all interior OL, this class must not be nearly what last years was.

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

I would go Johnson over Dantzler at 5 but it's not an egregious omission.  The rest of his DB rankings look real good except I think I would go Winfield over Ashtyn Davis.  Davis is a better athlete but Winfield is a much more natural football player.  He's plays like his dad was a great NFL DB.  Rare playmaking and alpha type confidence/mentality.  I think I might put Fulton ahead of Diggs too.  Fulton had two elite seasons whereas Diggs just had most of one elite season.  He's more polished, although you'd rather have Diggs's traits.

Linebackers I would go Murray over Baun but the rest is fine.  DT is fine.  The first three DEs are right.  I would drop Lewis way down the list and put Okwara on there at 4.  Probably put Chaisson at 5 over Weaver but I don't love Chaisson.  I might put Willeke there at 5.  The drop off after each of the first three rushers is absolutely massive.  The fourth tier starting at DE #4 is a scrum of interchangeable guys.  I'm just sure it's not Terrell Lewis.

I'd put Biadasz as the top IOL for sure, but Cushenberry is good.  I'd also definitely out Thomas as the top OT, and put Wills third behind Wirfs.  WR Is fine except I'd have Shenault 8-10ish and put my guys Justin Jefferson or Tyler Johnson 5.  QB is fine but I'd go Burrow over Tua at 1. Have no opinion on TE.  And RB would be OK with me if he put Taylor at 1 and moved everyone else down a spot.  I'd probably take Robbins over Helaire though.  Bigger and faster.  He's the kind of player that could run for 1500 plus yards on a team like San Francisco.s

It's actually a really good position ranking this early in the offseason.  We just don't see eye to eye on a handful of specific players.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I would go Johnson over Dantzler at 5 but it's not an egregious omission.  The rest of his DB rankings look real good except I think I would go Winfield over Ashtyn Davis.  Davis is a better athlete but Winfield is a much more natural football player.  He's plays like his dad was a great NFL DB.  Rare playmaking and alpha type confidence/mentality.  I think I might put Fulton ahead of Diggs too.  Fulton had two elite seasons whereas Diggs just had most of one elite season.  He's more polished, although you'd rather have Diggs's traits.

Linebackers I would go Murray over Baun but the rest is fine.  DT is fine.  The first three DEs are right.  I would drop Lewis way down the list and put Okwara on there at 4.  Probably put Chaisson at 5 over Weaver but I don't love Chaisson.  I might put Willeke there at 5.  The drop off after each of the first three rushers is absolutely massive.  The fourth tier starting at DE #4 is a scrum of interchangeable guys.  I'm just sure it's not Terrell Lewis.

I'd put Biadasz as the top IOL for sure, but Cushenberry is good.  I'd also definitely out Thomas as the top OT, and put Wills third behind Wirfs.  WR Is fine except I'd have Shenault 8-10ish and put my guys Justin Jefferson or Tyler Johnson 5.  QB is fine but I'd go Burrow over Tua at 1. Have no opinion on TE.  And RB would be OK with me if he put Taylor at 1 and moved everyone else down a spot.  I'd probably take Robbins over Helaire though.  Bigger and faster.  He's the kind of player that could run for 1500 plus yards on a team like San Francisco.s

It's actually a really good position ranking this early in the offseason.  We just don't see eye to eye on a handful of specific players.

The world is a better place because of that post.

6 hours ago, volsmet said:

I’ve seen Cam Akers mocked in mid day 3, let me have him all day long.

Akers really suffered in the collapse of the FSU program.  A lot of his film is pretty disappointing because you can kind of feel his lack of confidence in the playcalls and blocking.  There is an air of demoralization there such that you see a worrying number of plays that he's given up on.

His raw talent is outstanding.  He's more gifted than Jonathan Taylor and Edwards-Helaire are.  Just based on the athleticism and creativity and well rounded skillset alone, feels like Akers should be a first or second round pick.  But I'm a little afraid that he might have picked up some bad habits as a competitor at Florida State.  I think his interviews and team meetings are going to be really important.  You've really got to get to know his personality and what makes him tick before committing to him IMO.

The Lions continue to throw smokescreens out there that they are looking at QB with the #3 pick....this can only mean good things and potential better offers for our pick at #2. If teams think the Lions are serious the calls will be coming us more often than they do at the Jerry Lewis telethon.....

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

The Lions continue to throw smokescreens out there that they are looking at QB with the #3 pick....this can only mean good things and potential better offers for our pick at #2. If teams think the Lions are serious the calls will be coming us more often than they do at the Jerry Lewis telethon.....

And i've been beating the drum about Det moving on from Stafford... but my tin foil hat just got put on my head and WHAT IF Detroit is only doing this to push Miami to move to 2, so that Young falls to 3.  They get Young and they dont even have to trade up!!?!  

6 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

And i've been beating the drum about Det moving on from Stafford... but my tin foil hat just got put on my head and WHAT IF Detroit is only doing this to push Miami to move to 2, so that Young falls to 3.  They get Young and they dont even have to trade up!!?!  

Don't see it. I truly feel Detroit is doing it to trade out of 3. They want Okudah and Giants nor Miami will draft him. Detroit can either stay at 3 and grab him if there's nothing viable in terms of a trade or they can swap with Miami and still grab him while probably grabbing one of Miami's other first rounders. Miami still ends up with 2 firsts as does Detroit. Both get the player they need. 

Archived