Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

13 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

I edited out the video clip (don't want to get banned!  😉, but just had to say that watching that 6-minute clips of Giant fans losing their ever-loving minds over the D Jones draft pick has been the highlight of my week!!!

I must be slightly too old (39) to understand this, but I've never understood the appeal, or vanity, or videotaping your own reactions to things to then upload.  Also, the guy near the end with the chain looks like he missed his casting call to be an extra on Jersey Shore.

Well anyway, getting back to the discussion at hand, I'll have the draft running while I work tonight.  My plan is to silently cheer every time another team picks and it isn't a WR or OL.  I want as many options as possible when our turns come.

16 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

We have two 3rd round draft picks for today. I hope we keep them both honestly, I know it may be tempting to trade into the 2nd because someone will fall, but we have two positions with major holes right now. WR and LG, but we also need OL depth. I'm hoping we draft two OL in the 3rd to be honest, our line cannot stay healthy. Trent is getting up there, Morgan Moses is constantly injured and cannot be relied upon. 

Maybe Doctson comes through and Cam Sims turns out to be a steal. We find that out this year, if we have nothing here we take the best OL, WR, or TE in the first next year. Fill the gaps in FA. 

I agree with the spirit of this point.  My fear though is Haskins ends up starting some this season and I don't want a young Qb to lose confidence early.    WR is even weaker right now than it was last year when we had Crowder.  Who the heck does Haskins have to throw the ball to?  So I'd try to add a blocker but also try to get a WR, too

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree with the spirit of this point.  My fear though is Haskins ends up starting some this season and I don't want a young Qb to lose confidence early.    WR is even weaker right now than it was last year when we had Crowder.  Who the heck does Haskins have to throw the ball to?  So I'd try to add a blocker but also try to get a WR, too

Thats a legitimate fear to have. My feeling is, even if Haskins is the better QB we still need to sit him for a year. We have a talented team and I'm pretty sure Case can pull a 7 to 8 win season at minimum for us. Our record shouldnt be bad enough to where people are screaming for Haskins to start. If Case starts the year we can let Case deal with the struggles and start building our offense for an easier transition for Haskins. We got Case to be a stopgap, that's what I'm hoping he stays as. 

21 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, josh Rosen could be shipped off to Miami tonight. Rumors are that a deal could be tentatively in place when the 2nd round starts  

This would explain why Miami passed on Haskins. 

29 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'm hoping we draft two OL in the 3rd to be honest, our line cannot stay healthy. 

Wouldn't break my heart. Based on nothing but my ignorant assumption that there will be decent, although not guaranteed, talent on the board then. 

I'd be cool with TE or WR, there, too. Although I assume any WR still on the board in the mid to late third is going to be more of a gamble. 

As probably the loudest critic for months on the draft thread of Daniel Jones along with being one of the biggest Giants haters on this board -- this storyline is so much fun.   Max Kellerman who is one of more obnoxious Giants fans on TV actually had a segment on First Take today where he wondered if Gettleman was a double agent. 

2 hours ago, Forehead said:

You might be right although for the time being, Atlanta has been roundly graded as having reached out both of their choices, while the Skins got high marks for theirs.  I'm on record as not caring for Haskins but we got the need and value correct.  There are still really good lineman available, though I don't know how many will be left by the time we pick in the 3rd.

I think draft grading is a total circle jerk.  Sure, the Skins got guys where they were expected to fall or better so the get a good grade, I don't give a damn.  Atlanta is going to have a healthy robust line in front of their gifted franchise QB this fall and for years to come whereas I expect the Skins QB, whomever is playing in November and December,  to be chucking and ducking behind guys scrounged from waiver wires and FedeX.

Giants reddit is the absolute best read on the internet right now, some hilarious posts. 

"We got played by Dan Snyder. Dan. Snyder." 

Another funny thing going around is everyone is mocking every pick made on reddit by saying "why choose Sweat at 26 when you can have Daniel Jones at 6". 

They wont live that pick down unless he becomes an adequate starter lol. 

57 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, josh Rosen could be shipped off to Miami tonight. Rumors are that a deal could be tentatively in place when the 2nd round starts  

If Miami gives up anything less than this year's 2nd and a future #3 to get Rosen, must admit I'm going to be pissed...

Had we made the same deal, we could have had Rosen / Sweat or Burns (at #15) / and still had our #2 tonight (46 overall) and #2 next year  / NO #3 next year

compare that to   Haskins / Sweat / NO #2 tonight and NO #2 next year

Not unhappy about ending up with DH and Sweat, but I still think we should've been more in on Rosen....

8 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

If Miami gives up anything less than this year's 2nd and a future #3 to get Rosen, must admit I'm going to be pissed...

Had we made the same deal, we could have had Rosen / Sweat or Burns (at #15) / and still had our #2 tonight (46 overall) and #2 next yera  / NO #3 next year

compare that to   Haskins / Sweat / NO #2 tonight and NO #2 next year

Not unhappy about ending up with DH and Sweat, but I still think we should've been more in on Rosen....

Arizona drafted another QB high into the first just one year after Rosen. I also wanted Rosen for cheap but his value is much lower after just one year. It's a bit telling. This cant all be about how bad his supporting cast was. I think Rosen can be a top 20 QB, but I get the feeling other teams feel he lacks the ability to be a star QB. Teams would have been offering their 1st round picks easily if that were the case. 

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Wouldn't break my heart. Based on nothing but my ignorant assumption that there will be decent, although not guaranteed, talent on the board then. 

I'd be cool with TE or WR, there, too. Although I assume any WR still on the board in the mid to late third is going to be more of a gamble. 

I dont know. It is a very deep draft at WR. I would think we go OL and WR in the third just based on need. But you never know who can fall to you. There is still a ton of talent left on the board. And if a CB or S you love falls to the third I wouldnt be mad about that route either. 

1 hour ago, Forehead said:

I must be slightly too old (39) to understand this, but I've never understood the appeal, or vanity, or videotaping your own reactions to things to then upload.  Also, the guy near the end with the chain looks like he missed his casting call to be an extra on Jersey Shore.

Attention dollar millennial “look at me” typical bull****. Lol

Just now, Califan007 said:

You realize we would have to give AZ more than whatever Miami offered in order to get Rosen, right?...

@Califan007Yes, I do realize that.... our #2 this year is (was) 2 picks higher than Miami's.... as I said, I am most curious to see what the 'Phins end up giving to get Rosen... then a reasonable comparison can be made as to whether it would have been a good move for us to top that offer and get Rosen, or stay as we did and get Haskins but lose next year's #2

Anyone have a reasonably educated guess as to what compensatory picks in the 2020 draft we may get ?   (based on Crowder, P Smith, offset by L Collins, etc.)

Starting to seriously wonder if it would be worth it to trade back up into the 2nd tonight but obviously we've already spent next year's #2.... not at all interested in ANY move that involves next year's #1...  

1 minute ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Anyone have a reasonably educated guess as to what compensatory picks in the 2020 draft we may get ?   (based on Crowder, P Smith, offset by L Collins, etc.)

Starting to seriously wonder if it would be worth it to trade back up into the 2nd tonight but obviously we've already spent next year's #2.... not at all interested in ANY move that involves next year's #1...  

Comp picks to me is the most confusing thing in the NFL. Seems some teams get more "favor" with them than others. 

Archived