Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PED's in Sports: should they be legalized?

No Excuses

PED's  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Legalize?

• Yes
    • No

42 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Are you in agreement that PED enhances player's performance and longevity?  I'm not sure I understand what is exactly being disputed here.

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Kinda confused, but I think I understand what you're saying.  You're wondering, for example, how many guys on a 25 man MLB roster are juicing?  

Were MLB players who were on PEDs more likely to be on a roster versus those who weren’t. 

6 hours ago, Hersh said:

I will always be against steroid use in sports. It’s cheating plain and simple and it's not a true representation of how good someone is in a sport. Plus, if you legalize it, players will almost be forced to use it to keep up which is not right. 

This.  In a vacuum, I'm okay with the "I'll do what I want with my own body", but when you bring competition into it, it forces everyone else to do drugs to keep up, and that cannot be acceptable.

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Were MLB players who were on PEDs more likely to be on a roster versus those who weren’t. 

If PED enhances performance and longevity and if you're comparing players of similar caliber, then the logical answer would have to be that player using the PED is more likely to make the roster.

If the assertion is that players who are more capable of making the roster is less likely to use PED and that players who are not capable of making the roster without PED are not gonna be able to overcome the hump with PED, I don't know what study could prove or disprove that.

11 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’ve been saying that the NFL should legalize steroids and PCP for awhile now.

Steroids and PCP?  Sounds like quite a combo.  Might make for some crazy on field antics.  I knew a guy who burned down a church once while high on PCP.

Now PRP (platelet rich plasma) on the other hand might have better effects on recovering from injury.

2 hours ago, China said:

Steroids and PCP?  Sounds like quite a combo.  Might make for some crazy on field antics.  I knew a guy who burned down a church once while high on PCP.

Now PRP (platelet rich plasma) on the other hand might have better effects on recovering from injury.

PCP. Can you imagine how good Dexter Manley would have been if he'd'a been wet on angeldust to the point where he was ready to burn down a church? A ****ing pass rushing nightmare is what he would have been.

10 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

PCP. Can you imagine how good Dexter Manley would have been if he'd'a been wet on angeldust to the point where he was ready to burn down a church? A ****ing pass rushing nightmare is what he would have been.

Sounds like L.T.

Also what is the liability of Pro Sports Leagues that allow PEDs?  Would every player have to sign a waiver that exempts the league from baring any kind of responsibility from adverse effects of long term PED usage?  I am not sure what kind of studies have been done over the long term.

On 4/15/2019 at 11:09 AM, Kosher Ham said:

Shouldn't I be able to do what I want to my own body? 

In private, certainly, just not on the field of play.

On 4/15/2019 at 11:29 AM, DCSaints_fan said:

If there is proof that there is no long term harm done to the athletes, than I say sure.

Lyle Alzado

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Also what is the liability of Pro Sports Leagues that allow PEDs?  Would every player have to sign a waiver that exempts the league from baring any kind of responsibility from adverse effects of long term PED usage?  I am not sure what kind of studies have been done over the long term.

This is one of the reasons I’m against legalizing it in the various leagues. We already see NFL players suing the league over CTE and some over pain pills. If a league allows this by rule, I think the leagues really open themselves up to more liability both from players that take PEDs and those who are injured by someone taking it. 

Archived