Fergasun

Where is the Outrage over Boeing 737-MAX?

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, visionary said:

 

 

People were still buying it?  Were they locked into contracts or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Larry said:

 

People were still buying it?  Were they locked into contracts or something?

Maybe they got a really good deal on them

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And a corporate reputation that probably took 75 years to create, is probably gone forever.  But hey, cutting corners probably made the earnings numbers look really good, for a year or so.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

feeling pretty good about how my comments have aged...


then there’s this beaut from resident expert extraordinaire:

 

“I've seen nothing to dissuade me that the planes were not capable of flight despite clear design issues.”

Edited by stoshuaj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Larry said:

And a corporate reputation that probably took 75 years to create, is probably gone forever.  But hey, cutting corners probably made the earnings numbers look really good, for a year or so.  

 

13 hours ago, stoshuaj said:


then there’s this beaut from resident expert extraordinaire:

 

“I've seen nothing to dissuade me that the planes were not capable of flight despite clear design issues.”

 

Everything twa touches, dies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 3:11 PM, twa said:

 

The definition of insanity or ignorance is repeating the same error till ya hit the ground..

 

 

Heh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Supposedly a video of it coming down....

 

 

Edited by visionary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, visionary said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Supposedly a video of it coming down....

 

 

 

I see some flaming debris and another explosion before it hits the ground.  This looks pretty suspicious.

 

Edit: Actually it looks like its on fire, initially I thought those were just wing lights, but definitely look like its on fire as it goes down.  This is of course possible, but again, looks a bit suspicious

Edited by DCSaints_fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DCSaints_fan said:

 

I see some flaming debris and another explosion before it hits the ground.  This looks pretty suspicious.

 

Edit: Actually it looks like its on fire, initially I thought those were just wing lights, but definitely look like its on fire as it goes down.  This is of course possible, but again, looks a bit suspicious

If it was shot down pretty sure the Iranians won't allow a proper investigation.  It is not common for planes to be on fire as they go down (happens occasionally - ie Concorde).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a large flare up of fire just before impact.  Do pilots have the capability to dump fuel?  I wonder if that was a last-ditch effort by the pilots to rid the plane of fuel before the crash.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

There was a large flare up of fire just before impact.  Do pilots have the capability to dump fuel?  I wonder if that was a last-ditch effort by the pilots to rid the plane of fuel before the crash.

Yes but my understanding is you can't dump it in mass, so I doubt they tried that. During the the Sioux City UA crash incident they made a series of turns in order to dump excess fuel (it took a while).

Edited by nonniey
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iran says it will not give black box from crashed airliner to Boeing

 

Iran’s aviation authority has said it will not hand over flight recorders from the Ukraine International Airlines Boeing 737-800 plane that crashed moments after takeoff from Tehran, killing all 176 passengers and crew onboard, either to the aircraft’s manufacturer or US aviation authorities.

 

The statement was issued on Wednesday as the leaders of Ukraine and Canada, from which dozens of citizens died, vowed to identify the cause of the crash amid contradictory statements and swirling speculation.

 

The Canadian prime minister, Justin Trudeau, said: “Our government will continue to work closely with its international partners to ensure that … [the crash] is thoroughly investigated, and that Canadians’ questions are answered.”

 

The Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, said: “Our priority is to establish the truth and those responsible for this terrible catastrophe.”

 

Ukraine’s foreign minister, Vadym Prystaiko, said there were 82 Iranians, 63 Canadians and 11 Ukrainians on board. The Ukrainian nationals included two passengers and the nine crew. There were also 10 Swedish passengers, four Afghans, three Germans and three British nationals, he said.

 

The developments have fuelled uncertainty over the circumstances of the crash, which occurred hours after Iran had fired a volley of missiles at bases used by US forces in neighbouring Iraq, in retaliation for the assassination of the Iranian general Qassem Suleimani in Baghdad by the US.

 

Speaking after the black box flight recorders were found at the crash site, Abedzadeh said: “We will not give the black boxes to the manufacturer and the Americans. It’s not yet clear which country the black box will go to for the investigation.

 

“This accident will be investigated by Iran’s aviation organisation, but the Ukrainians can also be present during the incident’s investigation.”

 

Click on the link for the full article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no trouble believing it was shot down.  But Ukraine pointing fingers at Russia, despite being completely believable, isn't exactly conclusive.  

 

(Not sure there's anybody involved in the whole thing that has any credibility at all.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.