Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYP: Gambino crime family boss Frank Cali shot dead outside Staten Island home

China

Gambino crime family boss Frank Cali shot dead outside Staten Island home

Gambino crime boss Francesco “Franky Boy” Cali was assassinated in front of his Staten Island home Wednesday night in a stunning gangland hit that recalled some of the most infamous Mafia killings in city history.

Cali, 53, was shot several times and run over in front of his brick mansion in the lavish Todt Hill neighborhood at about 9:20 p.m. His wife and young children were inside, police sources told The Post.

The gunman sped off in a blue pickup truck after the hit, which one source described as “disrespectful” because it took place near his family home in an outer borough.

Cali is the first mob boss to be slain in New York City since a fresh-faced John Gotti ordered the murder of then-Gambino boss Paul Castellano in 1985 at Sparks steakhouse in Midtown.

“Even Gotti had more respect,” one police source told The Post. “He did it out in Manhattan.”

Investigators, including the FBI, are now probing whether the rub out was sanctioned by the commission of New York’s five families — or whether it was carried out by a “cowboy” gunman.

Cali, a native of Sicily, became the de facto godfather of the Gambinos in 2015 — and was believed by Mafia watchers to be the opposite of exuberant former boss “Dapper Don” John Gotti, because “no one ever sees him.”

The mob hit comes as New York has experienced a resurgence in mob activity in recent months.

In October, Bonanno associate Sylvester Zottola, 71, was gunned down at a Bronx McDonald’s drive-thru.

John Gotti’s brother Gene, 71, was recently put back on the streets after spending 29 years in prison for dealing heroin.

Click on the link for the full article

33 minutes ago, China said:

From the article, they seem to be importing fresh mobsters from Sicily which is where this guy was from.

They've been using "zips" to run narcotics for a couple decades or more. The government had no idea until the Donnie Brasco investigation. American born guys aren't allowed to deal because they have a bad rep of ratting people out when they get caught, whereas the Sicilians keep their vow of Omerta.

16 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Sparks was in the article as such, so you're right. 

Who got it outside of a Morton's? For some reason, that's stuck in my head...

Not sure. Joey Gallo got whacked at Umberto's Clam House....only other guy killed at dinner I can remember.

Edit: There was one ofher guy who got killed in the back outdoor section of a restaurant in Little Italy, and Dutch Schultz (I think) was in a restaurant when he got shot.

8 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Not sure. Joey Gallo got whacked at Umberto's Clam House....only other guy killed at dinner I can remember.

Edit: There was one ofher guy who got killed in the back outdoor section of a restaurant in Little Italy, and Dutch Schultz (I think) was in a restaurant when he got shot.

Damn. Glad I work lunch hours :806:

21 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Jeez, the mob is still a thing?  

Yep. stuff like drugs, sports betting, prostitution, extortion/loan sharking, credit card fraud, and various industrial-related stuff.

Mostly stuff that leaves fewer dead bodies. They're not what they were,  but I still wouldn't **** with them 

Archived