Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Cult of Case

Tsailand

We're not gonna fix our lack of weapons overnight, teams don't let good WR's hit free agency, gotta get them through the draft or you're overpaying for someone who's over 30 or young with upside.

Hopefully, over the next 2 drafts we can find some WR talent and get a true #1 QB, that's our path, there are no short cuts, we should have started this process last year.

We have 2 old QB's on 1 yr deals, we're gonna see a lot of changes over the next couple of seasons.

3 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Yeah so maybe i should have started with this: I’m completely agnostic to this team. They aren’t close to anything and in fact, I think they are completely incapable of making good decisions from the top down. None of this matters, they’ll never be good. 

But because I’m tired and petty, I’m holding them to THEIR words lol. What else do I have? I personally think short of some blockbuster trade, they are going 5-11 next season no matter what. But every week they lose, I’m going to remind someone what their words were back in February 

yes this stops them from getting Rosen imo. At worst, Colt will be no. 2 because the team sounds like they think they owe him. I doubt Case would be brought in to be worse than no. 2 and I doubt Rosen would be cool with anything other than a starting job. Logistics don’t work now but hold the hope out. I hope I’m wrong. 

Bruce Allen has never had a good FA since he’s been here so I’m not sure why that would change. He’ll continue to sign average players to great deals. Maybe there’s an award for that somewhere. 

I mean this as an honest question. Why does this stop them from getting Rosen?  Can you elaborate?  I am not seeing anything with this deal that makes it prohibitive.  In fact do not be surprised if case is packed with a draft pick for Rosen.  Not saying it will happen just that it’s a viable option. 

49 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I mean this as an honest question. Why does this stop them from getting Rosen?  Can you elaborate?  I am not seeing anything with this deal that makes it prohibitive.  In fact do not be surprised if case is packed with a draft pick for Rosen.  Not saying it will happen just that it’s a viable option. 

There is not a scenario where all 3 are on the roster. It’s not feasible. 

Jay LOVES Colt. He’s at worst going to be the back up. I doubt they would cut  Case after trading for him. Again, i think he’s here to be the starter and at worst, be the back up. (Also, if he was brought here to be trade bait, he’d have been moved by now or that news would have broken)

Rosen is not going to want to come here if he isn’t starting and I honestly think the Skins think they’re fine with Case and Colt. So of course I could be wrong. There’s nothing physically stopping it from happening but after analyzing it all, I don’t think it’s likely. 

The 3rd QB will be a 2nd-4th round pick with shot at starting week one.

My opinion only 

32 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I doubt they would cut  Case after trading for him.

We did that just last year. We traded for Kevin Hogan and cut him after the preseason. We swapped 6th round picks for him, as opposed to getting a 7th in return for a 6th with Keenum. I'd say that's comparable terms. Colt or Case could be cut by the regular season extremely easily.

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Jay LOVES Colt. He’s at worst going to be the back up. I doubt they would cut  Case after trading for him. Again, i think he’s here to be the starter and at worst, be the back up. (Also, if he was brought here to be trade bait, he’d have been moved by now or that news would have broken)

Rosen is not going to want to come here if he isn’t starting and I honestly think the Skins think they’re fine with Case and Colt. So of course I could be wrong. There’s nothing physically stopping it from happening but after analyzing it all, I don’t think it’s likely. 

My opinion only 

I agree. The good news with bringing in Case is that at least we don't have to buy the BS that they are trying to win next year.  Nothing says the future is later like trading for Case Keenum. 

4 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I posted this in a couple of other places.  Craig Hoffman who is usually pretty accurate though not always (everyone is wrong sometimes) said a little while ago from talking to a source.  He doesn't think Lock or Jones or a QB is in play in the first round.  They might try to trade up for Murray if he becomes available but he doesn't think Murray hits the market.  He thinks they still have interest in Rosen.  The rationale is Lock or Jones need time to develop and the coaches (maybe Bruce, too?) don't have time for that.  They want a player at 15 who can make an immediate impact on the field and help them win this season or so Hoffman thinks based on someone he spoke to.  He does think they take a Qb later in the draft, sometime after round 1.   

Finlay actually explained well in a recent segment why they are dead on right sometimes with gossip and dead wrong other times specifically with the Redskins.  He said what happens is they are talking to different people in the building.  And that person while might be on the money at the time -- things can change and they move on from that thought.  Like they want such and such player and talk about it in the building and then learn a day later that the agent of said player wants insane money.  So then that player was who in as a target is out a day later.  Also the dynamics in that building is such where one person their can be hyped about a move but they end up being overruled from above.  

8 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

My opinion only 

Not sure the difference between Rosen and a 3rd QB who will be 2nd-4th round pick. Rosen likely won't cost more than a 2nd rounder and is young, so he's basically the same as drafting a rookie. Possibly even younger than some potential draft picks (Rosen is younger than Drew Lock for example). And leet's not forget that Rosen will almost certainly have had a better draft grade than anyone available in those rounds. The only real questions are: (1) Will the Cards take Murray and therefore trade Rosen; and (2) will the Redskins offer the best package? It's not really about where Rosen wants to go. He doesn't have much of a say and he's not going to start anywhere right off the bat (though he'd be at least in the mix for snaps in a few places like Washington)

7 hours ago, NickyJ said:

We did that just last year. We traded for Kevin Hogan and cut him after the preseason. We swapped 6th round picks for him, as opposed to getting a 7th in return for a 6th with Keenum. I'd say that's comparable terms. Colt or Case could be cut by the regular season extremely easily.

There's a big difference though. Hogan carried little, if any, guaranteed money on his contract. So cutting him cost the team basically nothing (and it became moot once he was claimed off waivers). Cutting Keenum would meaning eating $3.5 million in dead money (and saving nothing on the cap). McCoy's only got about $2 million guaranteed, and would net a small savings if cut on the cap. Sure, its possible to eat that dead money, but you'd also need a very compelling reason to do so. Within the last year the team extended McCoy and traded for Keenum. You don't really make those moves unless you like those guys. Either one would have to really suck to warrant being cut. Odds of either being cut are very, very small.

10 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Why? It's not only feasible it actually makes a whole lot of sense. There are no guarantees that Colt will actually be ready. The expectations are that he will be. But he is coming off a pretty bad leg injury himself. And since last year both their starting QBs went down and they were signing guys off the street I can absolutely see them carrying 3 QBs on the roster - and honestly I could see a 4th with a late mid to late rd pick on the PS.   

Jay may love Colt but if he can't play he can't play. Again there are no guarantees. And he has a history of being injured.  I can easily see them having insurance for Colt being injured - and have a young guy they are grooming. As for the trade bait thing, with all due respect there is nothing to support that the trade has to happen now other than fan impatience. A trade can happen right up to first day of the draft. AZ may not be settled on actually wanting to trade Rosen. In then end the move could be for more than one purpose - their thought process could very well be, Case gives us a solid back-up in case Colt is not ready or even if he is given his injury history and he may help us ith AZ later if they decide to trade Rosen and or get more realistic in what they want. Not to mention their plan could be to release Colt once he is healthy and can be released. Jay may "love" Colt but this is still a business. His job in on the line and Colt cannot stay healthy.

Rosen as no choice - absolutely no choice in coming here. He is on his rookie contract. He can be traded without his wanting to or not. But that would not be an issue. The plan if you trade for Rosen is for him to challenge for the starting job. Case and Colt are back-ups.

The last sentence is my point - there is nothing in trading for Case that is stopping them from making any other moves. How likely they are is a different conversation but that's not what you said originally.

Above you said they will not carry 3 QBs - you said its not feasible. What is the difference between Rosen or a 2nd to 4th rd pick? Is that not 3 QBs? Rosen will not cost more than a 2nd and most are predicting a 3rd. His contract is very manageable even with the debacle Bruce put us in. Seems to contradict your very first statement.

I just think it's really premature to assume they are done and Case and Colt are "the guys" and that's it. There are just too many things they can still do and trading for Case change none of it. In fact it gives them more options not less. Not sure why people are having such a hard time with this trade. It's one of the few truly smart moves this FO has made.

12 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

My opinion only 

I don't necessarily agree here but it's a good post. 

Its an interesting set set up on the roster now. I personally would love a trade for Rosen. I would not discount it happening either. I have a feeling Mayock might influence the Raiders to go get Rosen. Nevertheless, I think it's still an option here, however slight.

Jay does love Colt. The trade for Keenum kind of makes Colt expendable in my opinion. But you have to think we let Colt and Keenum battle it out for the starter role. Both on inexpensive deals this year.

If nothing comes of the Rosen talk, I agree that we will take a QB most likely on day two. My guess is that we will pick Jarrett Stidham. 

Keenum, McCoy, Stidham with Smith on IR or somehow retired off with an insurance offset through the salary cap.

WHy so much talk about Josh Rosen? If the Cardinals are willing to give up on a 1st round pick after 1 year, what does he have to offer us? Also, a couple of guys on NFL Radio were slamming him over questions about his work ethic (last man in, first man out), and in college he was called out by name for criticism by his coach. He's most likely on his way to a very unremarkable pro career, no matter where he winds up. Might as well go with Case this year.

Also, if Arizona's end game is to have Case, they could have just gone directly to Denver for him. No need to have a middle man.    

28 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

Rosen can probably be had for a 3rd + a little.  If I'm right, I don't see why you wouldn't do it.  If they are asking for a 2nd, just leave the offer on the table and let them know it's good until the draft.

Lmfao you absolutely trade a 2nd for Rosen. I'm sick of idiots thinking that talented young QBs grow on trees or calling them busts after half a year.

2 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

I'm sick of idiots thinking that talented young QBs grow on trees or calling them busts after half a year.

It's one thing when it's the fans calling them busts, but when the team that drafted him gives up on him, you have to have some doubts. They're around him every day, and have a much better idea of his potential at this point than anyone else, and they may already be ready to move on from him. 

11 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

It's one thing when it's the fans calling them busts, but when the team that drafted him gives up on him, you have to have some doubts. They're around him every day, and have a much better idea of his potential at this point than anyone else, and they may already be ready to move on from him. 

You may be right but I think them drafting Murray would be more reactionary than any slight on Rosen.  They just fired their head coach after 1 awful season.  Now they have a young, hot shot offensive coach and drafting Murray would immediately fire up the fan base and garner more nationally televised games.   You hear nothing but good things about Rosen from Cardinal players and coaches.

1 hour ago, BraveWarrior said:

Their head coach hasnt been around him every day. In fact he hasnt been around him at all. He is going to want his guy to run his offense. It is not so much what Rosen has or hasnt done. It is what the coach wants going forward.

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Their head coach hasnt been around him every day. In fact he hasnt been around him at all. He is going to want his guy to run his offense. It is not so much what Rosen has or hasnt done. It is what the coach wants going forward.

Still, it is highly unusual for a team to move on from a first round QB who's only been on the team 1 year if he has a good deal of potential, new coaching staff or not. If they believed in him at all, they'd at least want a QB competition in training camp. They could always move him in August , when other teams realize they have needs at QB they didn't anticipate.  

2 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Still, it is highly unusual for a team to move on from a first round QB who's only been on the team 1 year if he has a good deal of potential, new coaching staff or not. If they believed in him at all, they'd at least want a QB competition in training camp. They could always move him in August , when other teams realize they have needs at QB they didn't anticipate.  

They would lose all value by trading him in August. It’s gonna happen before the draft.

2 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

They would lose all value by trading him in August. It’s gonna happen before the draft.

Perhaps.

I don't know, I just feel like if we trade for him, we're just picking up another team's failed experiment. I'm not optimistic abut his chances for the season if he's with us. And if Keenum shows any of what he had in Minnesota 2 seasons ago, Rosen might not even get on the field. 

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I have to thank you for reminding me that there's a new regime in AZ, and that the new coach has a connection with Murray. This made me spend some time looking at Rosen, and I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea if we don't have to give up much to get him. It's low risk, and if he doesn't work out, we can move on in 2020. 

16 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

I have to thank you for reminding me that there's a new regime in AZ, and that the new coach has a connection with Murray. This made me spend some time looking at Rosen, and I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea if we don't have to give up much to get him. It's low risk, and if he doesn't work out, we can move on in 2020. 

Here's the real sad thing.  Rosen has had like 5 to 6 OC in the past 5 years or so I heard.

lol funny Tsailand

On 3/8/2019 at 5:48 AM, Califan007 said:

I just went back to the original Cult of Colt thread...I know I posted on it but couldn't remember what I said. Apparently, Blondie and I started talking about her watching me have sex...

😐

For the love of all that is good and holy, shut this thread down nowwwwwww....lol

fixed that for ya...

4 hours ago, BraveWarrior said:

great point...but people will bring up Farve...hell I'd take Rich Gannon...where's Steve Beuerlein?!!

/not to you BW...but am i missing something?...why are we so upset exactly??

Archived