Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Cult of Case

Tsailand

9 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

Yeah no. One pick should be LG maybe but they have a ridiculous amount of needs right now. They absolutely should not draft a backup in the first two rounds.

The Skins need at least 1 OT also.  I would use the first pick for a tackle and the next 2 for G/C and put these line issues to bed.

President of the Keenum fan club here, aka Mrs Keenum on the Bronco fan sight orangemane lol. I was stationed at NAS Pax river from 87-91 in Lexington Park MD, loved the area 

and the horse racing !  Here is hoping Case can make the Redskins a winner and get back to the results he had in Minn. Peace

1 hour ago, Cougarrick said:

President of the Keenum fan club here, aka Mrs Keenum on the Bronco fan sight orangemane lol. I was stationed at NAS Pax river from 87-91 in Lexington Park MD, loved the area 

and the horse racing !  Here is hoping Case can make the Redskins a winner and get back to the results he had in Minn. Peace

Welcome Mrs. Keenum.  Don't pay any attention to people in here. We're all insane. Well, not me, but the rest.

On 3/8/2019 at 10:48 AM, Califan007 said:

I just went back to the original Cult of Colt thread...I know I posted on it but couldn't remember what I said. Apparently, Blondie and I started talking about her watching me have sex...

😐

For the love of all that is good and holy, shut this thread down nowwwwwww....

giphy.gif

This post fails without pics!

WAIT! Upon reflection, shut this thread down nowwwwwww....

Like, SERIOUSLY!

Hail.

On 3/15/2019 at 12:53 PM, JSSkinz said:

I'm sure but I dont see him being able to grasp the playbook quick enough to beat out Colt and I dont see Jay awarding him the job unless he earns it.

I think it will make preseason interesting because these guys are going to have to get some reps.

you mean like the reps(lack of) that Cusins and smith got during preseason that left us not ready to play  early on?

On 3/16/2019 at 5:16 PM, Veryoldschool said:

The Skins need at least 1 OT also.  I would use the first pick for a tackle and the next 2 for G/C and put these line issues to bed.

I think Jonah Williams would.make a lot of sense at 15.  He will be our starting LG week 1 in 2019.  I hope we don't draft a pure guard that early, but Jonah could then take over for Trent as our LT of the future.  Between now and Trent hanging it up, we would have a couple years to draft a mid to late round guard to take over LG when Jonah slides over.  This FO did a good job identifying roullier as a late rounder worth trading up for, hopefully they can do it again.  

Bc I agree with you that we need to put these OL issues to bed.  That units lack of depth was the beginning of the down turn two years in a row.

20 hours ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

you mean like the reps(lack of) that Cusins and smith got during preseason that left us not ready to play  early on?

I've been screaming for the last few years that we dont get the starters enough reps in preseason, so yeah thats part of it but more than anything its the fact he's been here 5 years and is pretty smart. 

On 3/26/2019 at 2:49 PM, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I'm counting the number of days before Bruce Allen refers to "Casey Keenum" , "Chase Keenum", or "Cain Keesum".

That will only happen if Keenum plays well enough to warrant an extension.

I like your user name.

On 3/24/2019 at 9:08 PM, Redskin Potatos said:

RIP Cult of Colt btw

TBH as a longtime lurker i never quite got the Colt Brennan sarcasm/hate/condescension .  Now don't quote me on any of this because im just pulling it from memory and too lazy to actually google FACTS  but i do recall during Colt Brennan's rookie year Jim Zorn was coach ? Yes ?  Jason Campbell was horrible as usual ? Yes , Todd Collins the year or 2 before proved what a competent QB could do taking us to the playoffs  something J cam couldn't Yes ? maybe a 1/3 of the fanbase really wanted to see what Colt Brennan could do, We were having a terrible season with nothing to play for yet Zorn refused to move him beyond 3 rd string. 2/3 of ES  mocked the 1/3 who said , What the hell do we have to lose lets see what the superstar from Hawaii could do ? Yes ?

Why am i bringing all this up ? Well , sometimes I just dont get E.S. I almost feel like there are alot of people here who rather see players fail then shine. Case Keenum had a tremendous year 2 season ago with Minnesota taking them deep in the playoffs. Why take this negative approach , maybe he will do well here, could he really be any worse than alex smith -or anyone else behind center last season.

Then again  Maybe I'm just a uptight douche who doesn't see the fun in this thread.....

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:37 AM, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

TBH as a longtime lurker i never quite got the Colt Brennan sarcasm/hate/condescension …..

Not saying he could have been savior, but AT LEAST I would say he was worth throwing in for a chance to win some games.

On 3/24/2019 at 7:08 PM, Redskin Potatos said:

RIP Cult of Colt btw

The lady at broulim's over the loud speaker said freshly made Redskin potato salad in the deli today ..i though she was going to start talkin about the Redskins..I like ur user name btw..

On 3/16/2019 at 3:16 PM, Veryoldschool said:

I wish the skins would pull a dallass move and just go o line with there first pick each year for like four or five years.

On 3/28/2019 at 12:37 PM, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

TBH as a longtime lurker i never quite got the Colt Brennan sarcasm/hate/condescension .  Now don't quote me on any of this because im just pulling it from memory and too lazy to actually google FACTS  but i do recall during Colt Brennan's rookie year Jim Zorn was coach ? Yes ?  Jason Campbell was horrible as usual ? Yes , Todd Collins the year or 2 before proved what a competent QB could do taking us to the playoffs  something J cam couldn't Yes ? maybe a 1/3 of the fanbase really wanted to see what Colt Brennan could do, We were having a terrible season with nothing to play for yet Zorn refused to move him beyond 3 rd string. 2/3 of ES  mocked the 1/3 who said , What the hell do we have to lose lets see what the superstar from Hawaii could do ? Yes ?

Why am i bringing all this up ? Well , sometimes I just dont get E.S. I almost feel like there are alot of people here who rather see players fail then shine. Case Keenum had a tremendous year 2 season ago with Minnesota taking them deep in the playoffs. Why take this negative approach , maybe he will do well here, could he really be any worse than alex smith -or anyone else behind center last season.

Then again  Maybe I'm just a uptight douche who doesn't see the fun in this thread.....

Yes yes yes to all your ?'s...i think you have a good point about this place and you have been here forever and more than a lurker lol I remember reading a lot of your excellent post's

So Case Keenum, Brian Quick and Kenny Britt was the offensive tandem in LA. Now keep in mind Jeff Fischer (Jay's twin brother in coaching) was the coach. But the re-signing of Quick and the new signing of Britt says to me that Case will be the starter. I will say, I like his toughness and swag.

So here's some highlights from that year. Of course the bad **** was not included. The team went 4-12, so keep that in mind. BTW, Jeff really sucked as a coach. But I digress...

Keenum holds the following NCAA records (for the most part/as of 2017).

• Most career pass completions: 1,546
  • Most career passing yards: 19,217
  • Most career passing touchdowns: 155
  • Most career games with 300+ passing yards: 39
  • Most games with 300+ passing yards in a single season: 14 (tied with Tulsa's Paul Smith)
  • Most seasons passing for 5,000+ yards: 3
  • Most seasons passing for 4,000+ yards: 3 (tied with four others)
  • Most career total yards: 20,114
  • Most career touchdowns responsible for: 178

Here's my issue with NFL coaching:

Its clear, the kid can play, right? So I look at players like Nick Foles when he got to philly, Case Keenum when he was in Minnesota & Jared Goff once McVay got there...These guys can play, they just needed a guy in their corner from a coaching standpoint to take advantage of their strengths and not pigeon hole them.

I say all that to say this....

Case is going to bust under Gruden unless this new kid on the block (Matt Cavanaugh) understands how to take advantage of Case and the other offensive player's strength. Its not a bad thing to simplify an offense. Just make it appear complicated. McVay does it. They do it in Kansas City. WTF Gruden?

Gruden even admitted in his presser that his offense had all kinds of tells. Which is an absolute fire-able offense in my opinion. But I digress again. But still.....this bama....

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2019 at 7:56 AM, joeken24 said:

Case is going to bust under Gruden unless this new kid on the block (Matt Cavanaugh) understands how to take advantage of Case and the other offensive player's strength. Its not a bad thing to simplify an offense. Just make it appear complicated. McVay does it. They do it in Kansas City. WTF Gruden?

Case is a byproduct of the Air-Raid.  The pieces to this system are well documented in the YouTube link I'll post here.  NE uses it, KC uses it, McVay incorporates it, as well as Kingsbury is defined by it.  Gruden must adopt to use portions of this scheme for Case to be successful.  That would go for Josh Rosen as well, if the Skins added him. 

On 4/5/2019 at 2:02 PM, bakedtater1 said:

Case gonna be riding the pine behind Rosen..

Not likely, but also not out of the question.  Watch the history of the Air Raid I posted and you'll see that Case and Rosen are products of the same system.  They don't need Rosen when they have Case.  They're essentially the same type of QB coming from the same type of system.  They can add Rosen and install plays from the Air Raid. 

The most important part of the Air Raid is the Y cross.  Patriots, Chiefs, Rams and Eagles all use it. 

airraid.JPG

Archived