Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

Lombardi has a hard on for throwing shade at Bruce.  Hell I hate Bruce but can distinguish **** moves vs good ones. As if other teams never overpay in FA. 

Keenum was good value move for security. 

Landon;while pricey is a 3yr in row pro bowler filling a glaring need. 

I Cant hate on those. 

11 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

My guess is we matched an offer from the Colts.

Oh I'm fairly certain we exceeded any offer Colts made him.  If he got the same offer from a stable team (That just made the playoffs I might add) do you really think he'd be a Redskin?

15 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Bell is a great player. Go to imagine that contract would take some accommodating. What's he after, 17mil per year...so say 3/51 or 4/68 max with 60% plus guaranteed. Interested to see what happens with him.

I would hate this unless they know Guice isnt going to be the same after his complications from surgery. RB is the one position I do not want to break the bank on. This draft is LOADED at RB as well. 

28 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The franchise is .500 over the last 4 years.  Not a dumpster fire.

The fan base, however, is a dumpster fire and the owner is a dolt.  But we’re still better off than the Vikings.

I'd say the fanbase is pretty skiddish and has a hard time putting much faith in this team. Even when things are good it seems like something bad is just around the corner (i.e. RG3 being a franchise QB, Kirk being the savior, last season...). 

For this argument I'll ignore the whole Snyder circus thing. It's just going to muddy the conversation and people's distaste will take the lead.

Maybe another way of looking at it is this current regime (Gruden) over 5 years is 35-44-1. The one before that (Shanahan) over 4 years was 24- 40. Before that it was Zorn, Gibbs v2.0, Spurrier, etc.... All regimes bring hope and all do leave pretty much the same way, but we just seem to always be 'okay at best'. 

The last time we won more than 10 games in a regular season was 1991. That was 27 football seasons ago! Add in that many modern era fans have never seen this team win a playoff game or were cognitive thinking humans for the SB wins and you have many fans that are just tired. 

I 100% agree we aren't the Brown or Lions where those fans have lived through a winless season, but I'd argue those seasons brought hope. They got a 1st overall pick, which suggested things could get better in a couple seasons. We've been just good enough where the draft is rarely that exciting. 

The fan base’ last shred of optimism died with Griff’s Knee. There is still hope, but the optimism is gone. Watching injury after injury, following an eagles SB win only compounded that issue. 

Now everyone is afraid of getting burned again, like a twice divorced man paying child support. 

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

All the CJ Mosley buzz on twitter, not just with the Redskins but all across the board has gone quiet.  Wonder what's cooking there.  I presume if they sign Mosley, they'd have to release Norman otherwise I don't see how the math would work unless they backload the contract 

He knows he's getting paid.   A lot.   More than anyone thought.   So now teams crunch numbers.

The day started with people thinking maybe $13 million a year then Alexander got $13.5.   At least $16 million a year now for this guy.   THAT would be a lot :).  

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

All the CJ Mosley buzz on twitter, not just with the Redskins but all across the board has gone quiet.  Wonder what's cooking there.  I presume if they sign Mosley, they'd have to release Norman otherwise I don't see how the math would work unless they backload the contract 

We really need the details on the Collins deal. 45 Million guaranteed in the first 3 years is all we know at this point. If a big chunk of that is pushed off to years 2-3 that would give us more room. But I agree with you. You cant sign Mosley without cutting At least Brown, Davis, Foster and Mcgee. Cutting those 4 would give us 15 million in added cap space. That should be plenty to do a long term with Mosley and still have enough cap for the draft. 

Just now, RWJ said:

They just need to get Mosley on the wagon and our D is a VERY good one.  Top 5 IMO.

Greg Manusky is an immediate -10.   So if we are the best defensive in football, we'd be 10th.   :)

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Brown, Foster, MCGee moves in some capacity pay for Mosley.

interesting that Norman was praising the Collins move, or more like taking a shot at Gettleman, I took that as a sign he's safe in 2019. 

They really can't cut him because there'd be another hole in the D and they'd end up having to sign another vet CB at more than Norman is making .  He's safe this year IMO.

36 minutes ago, Art said:

This guy is effectively winning this thread.

The Redskins are not a championship contender.   That's obvious and clear.   But anyone who is saying the Redskins have not been consistently average, on the whole, is simply ignorant and should have the common courtesy of never speaking.   The Redskins aren't a dumpster fire on the field -- well, until they lose 24 players to IR, then yeah -- and seem to have a good young core of players in need of a few real elite players to either produce there or be added.   There are far worse teams on the field than us, which, by definition, means we're not a dumpster fire.

Redskins fan base is like a dog that keeps getting beat on. What do people expect to happen?

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Brown, Foster, MCGee moves in some capacity pay for Mosley.

interesting that Norman was praising the Collins move, or more like taking a shot at Gettleman, I took that as a sign he's safe in 2019. 

I dont know that we can cut Norman and find a better replacement for the 8.5 million we would save on the cap. He isnt elite. But he still makes the big play now and then. And I am looking forward to seeing how much having Collins lined up next to him helps Norman this year.

Archived