Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, alwaysaskin said:

The offense is going to rhyme with schmabortion this year once again it comes down to what you spend your money on. No other team has invested this much money into CB and Safety, they spend that money on positions like QB and WR, meanwhile our front office always picks the mystery box at those  positions 

When your TE is always your top WR and hasn't played a full season yet = FAIL

5 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

I was actually talking about Mosely being all-Pro, though Collins has made several pro Bowls as well, which puts him miles ahead of anyone else who's manned the safety position here since Sean Taylor...  but thanks for playing...

Awfully defensive considering I didn’t knock anything you said. You get an A for affort, my dear.

🤝

1 minute ago, Art said:

He can't visit until the league year starts.   And at this rate he'll be paid $90 million a year.   He's at $17 now.   Probably not going to see us dip that far into it as there are teams that can get him without more reworks, but I've been wrong before.   Rarely, of course.   And not for a while.   But before.

So basically it tilts more to "No" than "Yes"?

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

All the CJ Mosley buzz on twitter, not just with the Redskins but all across the board has gone quiet.  Wonder what's cooking there.  I presume if they sign Mosley, they'd have to release Norman otherwise I don't see how the math would work unless they backload the contract 

More of a race against time!

The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec reports the Browns, Jets and Colts are the "most connected" to free agent C.J. Mosley.

That is in addition to the Ravens. Per Zrebiec, the Jets have been the "most aggressive." The Redskins were considered potential aggressive bidders, but signing Landon Collins appears to have taken them out of the running. Mosley is sitting pretty after Kwon Alexander signed for $13.5 million per season.

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't like the Landon Collins signing.  14 million a year is way too much money to spend on a safety.  Any safety.  That's elite cornerback money.

We had better get super creative with how we use him or else he will not come close to justifying his salary.

Same money per year that Tyrann Mathieu, a safety, just got, except Mathieu has been injured, is smaller, is the hairest of hairs slower and is older.   But, yeah, I agree, we're lunatics.   Terrible, terrible lunatics.  NO ONE DOES THIS....this that everyone does.

Oh, as for using him creatively, please recall, Sean Taylor was best used lined up 30-yards off the ball by Gregg Williams and destroying everything, everywhere.   And we'd have paid him a zillion.   How about if Landon Collins continues to be the best player at his position in the conference, we just smile and nod and think we did ok?

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't like the Landon Collins signing.  14 million a year is way too much money to spend on a safety.  Any safety.  That's elite cornerback money.

We had better get super creative with how we use him or else he will not come close to justifying his salary.

If he becomes an Earl Thomas type player, then he will be worth it.  However this is the redskins.  He will either be perpetually injured or asked to play #1 wideouts 1 on 1.

1 minute ago, Art said:

Same money per year that Tyrann Mathieu, a safety, just got, except Mathieu has been injured, is smaller, is the hairest of hairs slower and is older.   But, yeah, I agree, we're lunatics.   Terrible, terrible lunatics.  NO ONE DOES THIS....this that everyone does.

Yeah but Kansas City is a dumpster fire.

1 minute ago, alwaysaskin said:

And said TE May be a cap casualty so you can overlay a safety=more fail

Hard to imagine the logic of having a WR corp that's way under satisfactory and cutting your most productive receiver.  How does that work?  Basically they can't cut Reed or Norman without entering a total rebuild.

1 minute ago, Art said:

I don't think the Mathieu contract is good and I wouldn't have wanted to make that deal either.  That said, Mathieu is also a high caliber slot corner and he can probably reach a higher level of play than Collins when he's healthy.

It's much smarter money to go after corners in free agency if you're willing to spend big.  Much better to spend 14 million per year on Stephon Gilmore than on Collins or Matthieu.

Just now, Art said:

Yes, the age discrepancy is a big one, Tyrann was better at tackle football last year & only played 300 more snaps than Collins did. 

🤝

30 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Factually incorrect. 

According to TrytheBeal, the only folks who have a problem with Bruce are folks that love Kirk. I’m not sure whether the guy actually really believes Bruce and the gang are good at their jobs or if he just makes it his duty to defend his honor because Bruce hates Kirk as much as he did.

8 minutes ago, Art said:

How about if Landon Collins continues to be the best player at his position in the conference, we just smile and nod and think we did ok?

As long as we dont ask him to be a FS when he would dominate at SS, I'll be happy.  Dont Laron Landry my dude jus because hes the best safety on the roster.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't think the Mathieu contract is good and I wouldn't have wanted to make that deal either.  That said, Mathieu is also a high caliber slot corner and he can probably reach a higher level of play than Collins when he's healthy.

It's much smarter money to go after corners in free agency if you're willing to spend big.  Much better to spend 14 million per year on Stephon Gilmore than on Collins or Matthieu.

First, who are the corners in free agency you'd give even $10 million to.   Go.   Done?   Agreed.   I'll ignore your thoughts on Gilmore, who, a year ago, was ranked as one of the worst signings in free agency.   

Second, you're suggesting Mathieu, who is smaller, shorter, slower, older, more injured, who has been to 1 Pro Bowl and named All Pro once, is in the same league as Collins, who is in possession of the inverse characteristic listed for Mathieu, who has been a Pro Bowler three times and All Pro once, in fewer years, who tackles more, and who is "ball park" in passes defensed with Mathieu, given Collins is always in the box and Mathieu is covering slot?   You're solid on all this still, yeah?

9 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Hard to imagine the logic of having a WR corp that's way under satisfactory and cutting your most productive receiver.  How does that work?  Basically they can't cut Reed or Norman without entering a total rebuild.

The problem is that they’ll either whiff in the draft on a WR or overpay for some team’s #5 receiver. They haven’t had good receivers since Garçon and DJAX left

1 minute ago, Art said:

First, who are the corners in free agency you'd give even $10 million to.   Go.   Done?   Agreed.   I'll ignore your thoughts on Gilmore, who, a year ago, was ranked as one of the worst signings in free agency.   

Second, you're suggesting Mathieu, who is smaller, shorter, slower, older, more injured, who has been to 1 Pro Bowl and named All Pro once, is in the same league as Collins, who is in possession of the inverse characteristic listed for Mathieu, who has been a Pro Bowler three times and All Pro once, in fewer years, who tackles more, and who is "ball park" in passes defensed with Mathieu, given Collins is always in the box and Mathieu is covering slot?   You're solid on all this still, yeah?

Art, from an earlier post you made.  Do you still see us or are you hearing we will still sign 2 or 3 more big named players in FA?  Any more action tonight do you think?

5 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Yes, the age discrepancy is a big one, Tyrann was better at tackle football last year & only played 300 more snaps than Collins did. 

🤝

Tyrann was better at tackle football last year?   At the sport he was not named a Pro Bowler but that Collins was?    At the sport he played 4 more games than Collins, yet wasn't considered as good a player by, oh, anyone but you?   He's a good player.   I'd have loved him.   But you guys are twisting yourselves into knots to LOVE the other guy instead of the better guy, APPARENTLY simply because we got the better guy, which would make you EXCELLENT Cowboy fans and questionable Redskin fans, don't you think?

9 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Awfully defensive considering I didn’t knock anything you said. You get an A for affort, my dear.

🤝

You quoted MY post and then proceeded to complain about how some people were throwing the "All-Pro" term around indiscriminately...

If you weren't responding to me directly about the all-Pro thing (and I have no idea why you would have), then I apologize for coming at you aggressively...

But I do have an honest, serious question:   If this was completely in your hands, what moves / decisions would you be looking to make in free agency and the draft?  

Because i've been a fan for literally 40 years, and I'm suffering through this quarter century of mediocrity just as much as everyone else... but again, at least I am seeing some effort to bring in a proven, young player in Collins who has shown ability and has had success in the league.  Mosely seems to be in the same vein... I don't see much, if anything, in free agency that would be nearly as impactful on the offensive side of the ball that we couldn't get in the draft for a helluva lot cheaper  (the receivers are all older and frankly suck, or are massively injury-prone, like Crowder)

I can see it now, Philly at Wash Monday night, pregame trash talking between DJax and Collins. First play of the game, cover 2.....  I think many safety's idolize Sean Taylor. Didn't Ha Ha?  I hope things like that don't influence our nostalgic GM.  The salary cap is a joke for teams with lots of cash but his cap hit sounds expensive for a safety that i fear we won't be able to utilize properly.

41 minutes ago, RWJ said:

ILB Jordan Hick is still out there.  

He's good but with his injury history and the luck of this team on that front, wonder if he's on the table.  Wonder if Collins pushes the FO to bring back his old safety partner at Alabama.  I recall he and Haha are close.   Not sure if I want Haha back personally though -- rather have Gipson if they still plan to add a FS.

Archived