Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

15 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I'd happily see us double up at the safety spot in FA. Collins is as good as here in my book. Like the idea of Amos at free.

We should 100 percent do this. Amos, Collins and Ruben Foster would really strengthen the back 7, if Foster can sty out of trouble. Now, if Dunbar could stay healthy and we added another CB...

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rumor that they aren't per se in on QB in round 1 and love the pass rushers.  At 6, they can likely get someone among Sweat, Ferrell, Gary.

That's terrible news. If that's true, then they are likely trading for Rosen and drafting a pass rusher, and I am jealous that they have a franchise that is so much more competent than ours. 

1 minute ago, markmills67 said:

What makes you so sure Collins will be a Washington Redskin mate?.

Safety is a massive need. Think there'll be mutual interest. Bama boys will give out the call.

Actually, I could see us overpaying in a diluted safety market. Nevertheless, we will throw cash at Collins. Honestly think it's nailed on. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sure.  I didn't argue against them being in the market for a WR, I flat out said they were with Keim flat out saying it.  I was guessing the draft but could be Fa will see.  The rumors about them and Brown have been out there for over a week.  Still don't think it happens though. 

I'd say it's not dead yet and only advantage is we are not AFC. One big thing I don't like is which AB we get if we got the wrong Keenum.  I'm not as worried about it as others, too early, I need more answers before I give how I really feel about Case, which is starting to warm.

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Has to be those first rounders talking, that I wouldn't do.

Only thing I can figure is that Allen is trying to trade players that are going to get released.  This is why we haven't heard anything.  You can't trade players that you overpay for (Norman, Reed etc.) when they are often injured or aren't playing up to their salary.  Come on, Allen.  Just release them and get it over with.  FA starts Monday.  

Also they should've had Scherrf locked up last year (could have saved money long term) instead of waiting this year and he still isn't extended.  SMH.

25 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Apparently AB is telling people he’s expecting to land in Oakland. The bills must be kicking themselves for being such a **** team (guessing that’s why brown didn’t want to go there😂😂😂

Lol the Bills are about as bad as the Skins. I love when us as fans run our mouth about other teams being bad. 

5 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Lol the Bills are about as bad as the Skins. I love when us as fans run our mouth about other teams being bad. 

I’m well aware the redskins are a bad team😂 that in no way means i can’t make fun of another team at the same time. In fact i 100% think Antonio Brown would’ve said no to being traded to the redskins as well. 

4 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

FS Adrian Amos

SS Landon Collins

Slot CB Bryce Callahan

Draft:

1st ILB Devin White

2nd G Chris Lindstrom

3rd or both 3rds for Rosen

100% exactly what I think. That is the dream scenario. I just dont think White drops to us in the draft tho.

if we could just stay out of free agency this year, we could load up big time next year.  If we cut Norman, Reed, Brown and McGee, at least a couple of which are expected, we have 37 million we can mostly sit on this year(lets say we spend 10 million) and then roll over into next.  That would then give us 110 million in cap room next season, no joke.  You could portion that out for multiple years, even with or without cutting Smith and getting back 12 million for insurance, and dish out 50 million a year in new top talent, after having already loaded up on another year of Comp picks.  

One year sitting out free agency, and with a decent talent evaluator making draft picks, and you could turn this perennial 7-9 team into a 10-6 or 11-5 team in 2-3 years.  But you would  have to be willing to suck for just one year.

2 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Who you releasing fellow Brit. 

HTTR 

Not sure, I did have a long cull list but we might not need to. 

One of the TE should go or restructure. McGee would go. Brown, Norman getting paid too much, but again restructure?? 

Plus we'll 'save' 4/5mill of cap if AP goes to the Bears.

Should be an interesting weekend. Still hoping for Rosen if I'm being honest.

27 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Not sure, I did have a long cull list but we might not need to. 

One of the TE should go or restructure. McGee would go. Brown, Norman getting paid too much, but again restructure?? 

Plus we'll 'save' 4/5mill of cap if AP goes to the Bears.

Should be an interesting weekend. Still hoping for Rosen if I'm being honest.

We can't get all your wish list if we don't release players, 

Norman, Brown, Reed or Davis, McGee would get us about 23m in cap space. 

Mason Foster also gets us 3.75m cap space as well. 

Total cap space 27m and I personally wouldn't miss any of the above players. 

HTTR 

11 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Safety is a massive need. Think there'll be mutual interest. Bama boys will give out the call.

Actually, I could see us overpaying in a diluted safety market. Nevertheless, we will throw cash at Collins. Honestly think it's nailed on. 

I also believe that Bama boys wouldn't have to call much Collins to lure him here.

Guy is a Redskins fan, if we give him a decent offer on par with other teams I believe we can win him with fandom. But Bruce won't have to come cheap with him though. He'll get serious offers from allover the NFL. So we'll just need to remain competitive with him, we're not likely to overpay for him to come here.

41 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

We can't get all your wish list if we don't release players, 

Norman, Brown, Reed or Davis, McGee would get us about 23m in cap space. 

Mason Foster also gets us 3.75m cap space as well. 

Total cap space 27m and I personally wouldn't miss any of the above players. 

HTTR 

Im less concerned about cap space now that we have traded for Keenum. With his contract included we have an estimated 13mil in cap space.

the Zak Martin extension resulted in a first year cap hit of only 6mil due to a 20mil signing bonus pro rated over 5 years, plus minimal 2mil salary. If Scherff gets a similar deal, his cap hit will actually reduce by 5-6 mil in 2019.

that takes us to say 18mil in cap space. Based in contract structures, that gets a couple of high end signings and a couple of depth signings in no problem.

that changes slightly if we bring AP back or Crowder for example. I can see Gruden pushing for that. Preston Smith may command 15mil plus per year, he's gone.

but yes, I would consider dropping a couple of player but I don't believe we need to do too much of that right now. I don't think drastic action is needed to facilitate our free agency needs.

only way we need to do anything drastic would be if we take action on Alex Smiths contract, given his 2020 salary will guarantee on 17th March......

14 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I also believe that Bama boys wouldn't have to call much Collins to lure him here.

Guy is a Redskins fan, if we give him a decent offer on par with other teams I believe we can win him with fandom. But Bruce won't have to come cheap with him though. He'll get serious offers from allover the NFL. So we'll just need to remain competitive with him, we're not likely to overpay for him to come here.

Got to think it will take a 10-12mil per year deal to get him here.

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Got to think it will take a 10-12mil per year deal to get him here.

Same for me, which is what he will command throughout the league. But if we're in the mix at this price, there's a chance we can win it at this price. Heck we could even win at 10 and some at 12 if we weren't that kind of a mess.

If we're offering him anything below 8, we're definately out.

But Bruce is most likely going cheap for him as always and will grab 2/3 second or third tier safeties for Collins' price.

Archived