Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

20 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

AB is gunning for the coveted title of most hated asshole in the league.

His antics are a giant **** you to the teams, his teammates, and the fans.

What a stupid arrogant asshole.

Crazy part is Big Ben seems to be similar. Steelers overall just appear to be dysfunctional, but talented. 

11 hours ago, Morrissey1972 said:

I’m always surprised by the folks who continue to be impressed by Kerrigans stats. Anyone who’s been to a Redskins training camp over the last four years knows that Kerrigan is easily the slowest and most hobbled man on defense. 

I love Kerrigans professionalism and he’s been a great ambassador for this team but he’s now making his living off the talent that’s around him, instead of his own. 

Only Von Miller has more sacks than Kerrigan over the last 5 years. Von ****ing Miller. And he's only had 3 more sacks over the last 5 years.

If the only thing you see of value in Kerrigan is professionalism and being an "ambassador"...I honestly have no words for that.

19 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Can someone explain exactly what set this all off with AB in Pittsburgh. I don't understand. He literally just signed a renegotiated contract in 2017, yes? Has been super productive. Solid QB(but probably a rapist) throwing him the ball. Has been winning. Why was he unhappy there and why would he then be happy anywhere? 

Something to do with Roethlisberger and Tomlin from what I vaguely remember...he had behind-the-scenes issues with both.

11 hours ago, Morrissey1972 said:

I’m always surprised by the folks who continue to be impressed by Kerrigans stats. Anyone who’s been to a Redskins training camp over the last four years knows that Kerrigan is easily the slowest and most hobbled man on defense. 

I love Kerrigans professionalism and he’s been a great ambassador for this team but he’s now making his living off the talent that’s around him, instead of his own. 

dude.. put the pipe down. Kerrigan sure is a bum, it's not like he's been getting 10+ sacks every year since he came into the league, and with some truly awful defenses and personnel around him. FFS, look at this list, who's above him and all the guys below him. Some real awful company he's in. Let's cut him yesterday.

Current active sack leaders:

1. Julius Peppers, 2002-18 266 159.5
2. Terrell Suggs, 2003-18 228 132.5
3. Von Miller, 2011-18 120 98.0
4. Cameron Wake, 2009-18 146 97.5
5. J.J. Watt, 2011-18 104 92.0
6. Ryan Kerrigan, 2011-18 128 84.5
7. Clay Matthews, 2009-18 143 83.5
8. Calais Campbell, 2008-18 170 81.5
9. Justin Houston, 2011-18 102 78.5
10. Chandler Jones, 2012-18 103 77.0
11. Cliff Avril, 2008-18 140 74.0
12. Carlos Dunlap, 2010-18 134 72.5
13. Cameron Jordan, 2011-18 128 71.5
14. Geno Atkins, 2010-18 137 71.0
  Jason Pierre-Paul, 2010-18 127 71.0
16. Chris Long, 2008-18 162 70.0
17. Robert Quinn, 2011-18 111 69.0
18. Everson Griffen, 2010-18 132 66.5
19. Brian Orakpo, 2009-18 132 66.0
20. Michael Bennett, 2009-18 141 63.0
21. Brian Robison, 2007-18 173 60.0
22. Aaron Donald, 2014-18 78 59.5
23. Connor Barwin, 2009-18 141 56.5
24. Ndamukong Suh, 2010-18 142 56.0
25. Gerald McCoy, 2010-18 123 54.5
26. Khalil Mack, 2014-18 78 53.0
27. Olivier Vernon, 2012-18 103 51.0
28. Kyle Williams, 2006-18 183 48.5
29. Ezekiel Ansah, 2013-18 80 48.0
30. Jerry Hughes, 2010-18 136

On 3/2/2019 at 1:38 PM, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

20mil p/y could be slight exaggeration, but I'll go on record that he will get a new deal, wherever that is, and it will be 3years 56/60mil or 4 years 72-80mil.

So AB got 3/54mil max with incentives. He played it well and got what he wanted.

7 hours ago, RWJ said:

Wow, didn't even have to give up a 1st for him.  Raiders got a great deal for a player that will play well for the next 3 year.  Still glad he's not a Skin. :)

I agree.  They got the Dallas 1st rounder for Cooper and replaced him with AB for a 3rd and 5th.  The distance is the mega salary cap hit but if he's playing like he has, it's a good deal.  Either way he's not in the East.  

Redskins are way far behind the competition at WR.  In order for CK to have any opportunity to succeed he needs a #1 WR.  There's no #1 to be had in FA at this point so they'll need to find a gem in the draft or they're screwed for the next couple of years. I don't care about Crowder leaving as he's not been on the field enough to justify a large contract.  There's plenty of options in the slot.  Doctson stepped up his aggressiveness at times last year and if Guice is healthy he can catch passes.  I have no idea where to get a #1 WR in the draft.  Anyone got some insight on this one?

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’m thrilled that the Redskins sat this one out.

I'm Totally shocked Bruce(useless *******) Allen didn't trade our 1st,2nd, 3rd rounders this year and our 1st and 2nd next year for Brown and then give him a $100m guaranteed 3 year deal. 

HTTR 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

This is insane, we have two third rounders, he should be a Redskin.

3yr/54M for a 31YO diva?  Plus draft picks, plus our instability at QB?

If Smith stays healthy and we win 9-10 games last year, maybe.  It’s just not a good fit for us right now.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is insane, we have two third rounders, he should be a Redskin.

You want to spend 54 million over the next three years to a WR who is going to be badly under-thrown to? OTOH, you get him he is instantly the DeFacto leader on offense, something we don't have right now.

21 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

3yr/54M for a 31YO diva?  Plus draft picks, plus our instability at QB?

If Smith stays healthy and we win 9-10 games last year, maybe.  It’s just not a good fit for us right now.

We still woulda been able to draft a QB with a deal like that, in a heartbeat, best WR in NFL we could use him in multiple formations in the WCO, put him in motion all over the place and open up for others. In a heartbeat, puts butts back in the seats, heaven forbid Case go back to Vikings form.

22 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

You want to spend 54 million over the next three years to a WR who is going to be badly under-thrown to? OTOH, you get him he is instantly the DeFacto leader on offense, something we don't have right now.

Putting the best player at our weakest position for a third round pick basically, that's really hard for me to turn down.  

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

We still woulda been able to draft a QB with a deal like that, in a heartbeat, best WR in NFL we could use him in multiple formations in the WCO, put him in motion all over the place and open up for others. In a heartbeat, puts butts back in the seats, heaven forbid Case go back to Vikings form.

Putting the best player at our weakest position for a third round pick basically, that's really hard for me to turn down.  

I’m admiring how you completely glossed over the 17M cap hit and the fact that he shut down and tanked the Steelers season because he was feuding with his QB.

Hard pass.

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

A couple of points here:

1.  He’s already over 30, and he has probably played his best football already.  He’s only going to decline as a 31 year old.

2.  He was a malcontent, playing for one of the most respected and elite teams in football, with a great owner, smart front office and an above average coach.  If he was a malcontent there, what do you think would’ve happened here, where we have the WORST owner in football (maybe in all of professional sports), the worst GM in football (again maybe the worst GM in all of professional sports) and a coach whose even more player friendly than Mike Tomlin?

3.  He had issues with a top 5 QB, and most likely a future hall of fame player in Big Ben, who made it his mission to target AB during games (he’ the most targeted receiver in the game the last three years).  We don’t have a competent QB on our roster currently, and we have one of the worst offensive units in football skill level wise.  What do you think is gonna happen when the balls coming AB’s way get picked off, or are incomplete?

We were never going to get AB, and he would’ve turned us down like he did Buffalo, because we’re one of the worst teams in football.

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’m admiring how you completely glossed over the 17M cap hit and the fact that he shut down and tanked the Steelers season because he was feuding with his QB.

Hard pass.

I didn't gloss over anything, he's that good and had 104 catches last year.  What is your definition "shut down"?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrowAn04/gamelog/2018/

This was bigger then AB what happened with the Steelers, they were doomed second they couldn't work it out with Bell, that's what really did them in.

6 minutes ago, samy316 said:

A couple of points here:

1.  He’s already over 30, and he has probably played his best football already.  He’s only going to decline as a 31 year old.

In three years hell still be a top 5 WR.

2.  He was a malcontent, playing for one of the most respected and elite teams in football, with a great owner, smart front office and an above average coach.  If he was a malcontent there, what do you think would’ve happened here, where we have the WORST owner in football (maybe in all of professional sports), the worst GM in football (again maybe the worst GM in all of professional sports) and a coach whose even more player friendly than Mike Tomlin?

This is very much about his relationship with Ben or "lack of mutual respect" as he calls it.  When AB hints at Ben getting special treatment that allows him to talk to people anyway he wants there, that smell a like trouble in paradise not limited to just one person.  Be mad for AB wanting out if you want, but it's certainly not because he wasn't getting the ball enough like typically Diva WRs do.

3.  He had issues with a top 5 QB, and most likely a future hall of fame player in Big Ben.  We don’t have a competent QB on our roster currently, and we have one of the worst offensive units in football skill level wise.  What do you think is gonna happen when the balls coming AB’s way get picked off, or are incomplete?

We were never going to get AB, and he would’ve turned us down like he did Buffalo, because we’re one of the worst teams in football.

Ben is falling apart, some wonder if Carr is beyond repair.  Is it possible AB just didn't want to go to Buffalo with how boring it is?  They are the Utah Jazz of the NFL.  At NO point did it come out that he wanted nothing to do with Washington, so putting what he woulda done doesn't fly here.

It's over, he's not here, but i woulda pulled the trigger and did what i had to do to get Haskins.  

Archived