Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

That was 3 years ago. Shane Ray is terrible. He has 14 career sacks in 4 years. He's a much lesser player than Ryan Anderson, IMHO, and we have no need for him.

Jamie Collins is ok and would be an ok depth signing if he is cheap. We do need backups at both OLB spots and Anderson is our best backup right now. Honestly, I'd rather that we just try to develop Jordan Brailford by keeping him on the roster and playing him in some spot duty. He had 10 sacks last year and 17 TFL at Oklahoma State and had solid workout numbers. 

I’d keep an eye on McKinzey too.  No idea what to expect from him, but at least he offers some speed.  Kerrigan/Anderson and Sweat/McKenzie could be a nice, balanced foursome.  

2 hours ago, skinny21 said:

I’d keep an eye on McKinzey too.  No idea what to expect from him, but at least he offers some speed.  Kerrigan/Anderson and Sweat/McKenzie could be a nice, balanced foursome.  

I'm hoping that Jordan Brailford, a player we took in the 7th round, will give McKinzey some competition for that last spot. 

25 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

I'm hoping that Jordan Brailford, a player we took in the 7th round, will give McKinzey some competition for that last spot. 

The poster I quoted mentioned Brailford, I said don’t forget McKinzey, and now you’re essentially saying don’t forget Brailford, lol.  But yes, I absolutely hope we have some solid competition there.  

I seem to recall that we originally carried 4 OLBs last year, but called up McKinzey as a 5th at some point (and then lost him to injury soon after).  It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out this go round.  

6 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Agree on McKinzey, I brought him up a while back too. We were hot on him prior to injury, so his progress will be interesting to follow.

On 5/9/2019 at 8:56 PM, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I'd add to my earlier post, Darron Lee from the Jets. They are trying to ship him out, worth a conditional late round pick in 2020 / or switch of late round picks in 2020...Any takers?

Damn, clearly the Chiefs liked my idea.

would have been a very good pick up here

37 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Damn, clearly the Chiefs liked my idea.

would have been a very good pick up here

Agree, former 1st rounder LB with 4.4 speed whose only missed a handful of games over the past couples seasons for a 6th round pick? Yes please. I know he's a little undersized, but we could use the depth at the least.

I know a lot of 4th rounders fail but Finlay has a point in that with our desire to upgrade safety it seems like most are writing Apke off pretty fast.    It did feel like a left field type of pick when it went down and some who covered Apke said he looked lost in camp.  But wonder if he develops?

22 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

He may not become a starter, but could still remain on the team for years as a backup and ST performer.

Apke could be the next Deshazor Everett.

It's not all or nothing for Apke.

Our ST coverage group should have some serious speed.  McLaurin and Apke as gunners.  That's a lightning fast tandem.

With Reuben out, we need a new LB that doesn't suck. The last list I saw posted for ILBs available was here: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/inside-linebacker/available/

I'd be happy with either Zach Vigil or Manti Teo. Zach did all that he was asked to, but never really did more than that. The impression I have of Teo is that he ghosts harder than his ex-gf, but it's not like there's a whole lot better out there.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Why is he on the market still? Always the question I ask when a promising player is available in late May. 

Probably the fact that he'll be 30 when the season starts and he ran a 4.81 40 yard dash in his athletic prime...

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I think he was talking about Bynes, not Mason Foster

If only...

Joshua Bynes is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the Baltimore Ravens as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He played college football at Auburn. 

Born: August 24, 1989 (age 29 years), Lauderdale Lakes, FL

40 yard dash time: 4.81 seconds
Height: 6′ 1″
Weight: 240 lbs

They're eerily similar actually 😂

Mason Foster is an American football inside linebacker for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the third round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He has also been a member of the Chicago Bears. He played college football at Washington.

Born: March 1, 1989 (age 30 years), Seaside, CA

40 yard dash time: 4.75 seconds

Archived