Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

Just now, @SkinsGoldPants said:

His career is likely over.

Yeah that’s what I’ve been reading after my post. That’s a shame. He was pretty good. 

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Wasn't Baldwin expected to retire? Thought I'd read that somewhere.

That might be right, i do remember him saying he wouldn’t play anymore after his injuries. 

So what is up with Scherff?  The FA market has been set for a while, its possible the team has FA offers out and wants to wait until those players sign before finalizing anything but why haven't we heard anything about talks?

Is this going to be a problem?

10 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

So what is up with Scherff?  The FA market has been set for a while, its possible the team has FA offers out and wants to wait until those players sign before finalizing anything but why haven't we heard anything about talks?

Well, he IS coming off an injury, maybe they want to be smart and wait and see how he plays this season. There’s nothing stopping them from signing him during the season is there? 

12 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

There is no rush to this. They are likely waiting to see who gets released and what  happens in training camp. They can still negotiate into the season. I would be surprised if the two sides have not talked. But they have plenty of time to get a deal done. Right now they are trying to get their draft choices signed. I would expect that announcement soon. Lat year they got all by Christian signed pretty quickly. 

Just now, goskins10 said:

Right now they are trying to get their draft choices signed. I would expect that announcement soon. Lat year they got all by Christian signed pretty quickly. 

Announcement was made today actually. Like an hour ago. Only two that haven’t been signed yet are mclaurin and sweat. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Announcement was made today actually. Like an hour ago. Only two that haven’t been signed yet are mclaurin and sweat. 

Lol  - I have been so busy I never looked. Well I wasn't wrong.   🙂  

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah draft picks get signed fast these days. I remember the days when nobody signed their draft picks until late July when training camp started

The rookie pay scale has really expedited the contract process. There is very little to negotiate now. The 3rd picks oddly enough are he most up in the air - my understanding it's due to the splits if the end up on PUP or IR.

That accounts for Mclaurin. Not sure about Sweat. I would expect him to sign soon. Not much to negotiate. May be waiting for a few more 1st rd picks to sign. 

8 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Patriots signed Ben Watson.

Notables still out there: Shane Ray, Jamie Collins, Jermaine Kearse.

Had looked at Jamie Collins. There is quite a bit of talent out there, some like him who are under achievers I guess, but may be worth a flyer on the right deal.

Here is a Draft scouting report for one of the Guards trying out.

http://draftanalyst.com/terronne-prescod

Terronne Prescod

Guard

School: North Carolina State | Conference: ACC
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-4.5 / 332 | 40: 5.48 | DRAFT YR:2019

Pos: 
Large, mauling blocker with an underrated game. Explodes into blocks, stays square and controls defenders at the point of attack. Easily anchors in pass protection, moves opponents off the line as a run blocker and works through the whistle. Keeps his head on a swivel, keeps his feet moving and shows good awareness. Effective when he bends his knees and blocks with leverage.

44 minutes ago, Gallen5862 said:

Here is a Draft scouting report for one of the Guards trying out.

http://draftanalyst.com/terronne-prescod

Terronne Prescod

Guard

School: North Carolina State | Conference: ACC
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-4.5 / 332 | 40: 5.48 | DRAFT YR:2019

Pos: 
Large, mauling blocker with an underrated game. Explodes into blocks, stays square and controls defenders at the point of attack. Easily anchors in pass protection, moves opponents off the line as a run blocker and works through the whistle. Keeps his head on a swivel, keeps his feet moving and shows good awareness. Effective when he bends his knees and blocks with leverage.

Damn, he sounds like Jonathan Ogden reincarnated... so why wasn't he drafted again??

42 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Damn, he sounds like Jonathan Ogden reincarnated... so why wasn't he drafted again??

Notice the "Cons" weren't listed in the post. 😃

Among other things, he gotta learn to be a "Butt Sinker".

"Really doesn't sink his butt at the line of scrimmage. Struggles to adjust, often struggles to pick up blitzes and lacks overall balance. Not light on his feet or effective blocking in motion.
Analysis: 
Prescod is a wide-bodied blocker with outstanding power but is best in confined quarters. He can add depth at the next level for an offense that does not require him to play in anything other than a small area."

I know this is a FA thread rather than trades, but it fits in terms of potential acquisitions...but I've seen speculation that after drafting A.J. Brown to go with Corey Davis, and also signing Humphries for the slot...Taywan Taylor might be available for a pittance from the Titans. 

He'd give us a guy with the YAC ability we lack. Rookie contract. 

From NFL.com:

PICK ANALYSIS:

"I'm a big Taywan Taylor fan. I actually gave him a middle of the second-round grade because you get the ball in his hands he can make you miss and he can't absolutely run away from you. They gave him a lot of quick hitters and then they stretch him vertically down the field ... His ability after the catch is something I love. I've compared him to Derrick Mason because of the toughness, the quickness and the speed he possessed. Derrick Mason can play inside and outside and I think the same here for Taywan Taylor." -- Daniel Jeremiah

It's rare teams "give up" on promising prospects like Taywan (3rd rounder I believe) so early, but it's also rare to see a 1st, 2nd, and good sized FA contract poured into the same position group, making the former 3rd rounder the fourth guy on the depth chart at best, on a team that wants to run the ball more than anything else. 

It's unlikely they would give up on cheap talented depth so soon. But possible given the way their roster is now constructed. It would be worth a call. IMO he's immediately better and more dynamic than Quinn (who the team and fanbase are placing a ton of pressure and hopes on). In fact I think he'll be better than Crowder as well while not being a midget with baby hands. 

4.5 years ago, the mods allowed me to make a few completely unrelated posts when my oldest had a great interview at VCU dental, and an elated update when she was accepted.

Proud Daddy moments just make you want to bust if you can't share. I appreciate the indulgences very much.

....so with all that said, Today she became a Doctor.

Carry on, just had to have my Daddy moment #proud daddy

10 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

Oh man this doesn't give me any faith.

To be fair to him, I don't recall any major mistakes he ever made. He just never really turned into an every down linebacker like Ryan Kerrigan. He was often rotated in and out of games with Trent Murphy, Junior Gallete, and Ryan Anderson. To my untrained eyes, that made him seem very replaceable.

10 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Notable due to past performance. Ray for example had 8 sacks in 2016 before injuring his wrist. 

That was 3 years ago. Shane Ray is terrible. He has 14 career sacks in 4 years. He's a much lesser player than Ryan Anderson, IMHO, and we have no need for him.

Jamie Collins is ok and would be an ok depth signing if he is cheap. We do need backups at both OLB spots and Anderson is our best backup right now. Honestly, I'd rather that we just try to develop Jordan Brailford by keeping him on the roster and playing him in some spot duty. He had 10 sacks last year and 17 TFL at Oklahoma State and had solid workout numbers. 

Archived