Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

9 hours ago, Jericho said:

So basically another coach?

Yes I guess so but one that has played in the system. That is exactly what McCoy would be if Case or Haskins are starting. 

If they indeed are playing to win this year I don't see Colt starting. He is a great guy, sideline coach, on field coach and leader but he doesn't win. His arm  is too weak and is forced to run and that's where he gets injured. 

With all the cap space used on QB's they can use the savings off cutting him to fill a need. Like I said I would try holding him for camps which would help the other QB's but eventually cut him.

5 minutes ago, fordranger76 said:

No hot takes on Zach Brown signing with the Eagles and how this move will haunt the Skins for the next 10 years? I'm disappointed!

If they are asking him to be an early down LB then it will go fine for them. I remember going into last year he was one of the guys that was a priority and I thought $24M over 3 years was about right. 

For the Eagles it's a smart move. He's probably taking the vet minimum and they had a hole where Hicks used to be. I'd add in because he was cut he doesn't count against the compensatory pick formula, so again not a bad move by them. 

We'll see how it plays out. As much intel as he can provide Jay Gruden will know exactly how to attack him when he's on the field. That side is probably a wash. 

Just checked and according to PFF after being cut he was the best LB available.  Note the weirdest part of his PFF rating is that he actually graded out better against the pass in 2018 then 2017. Is that right? Anyway, he had a 89.2 overall grade, which is good. 

Weird enough when I look at the Eagles picks from this past draft PFF graded their selections very highly. Seems like as a franchise they are going deeper into the analytics. 

Anyway, I'm not a fan of PFF, but I'm wondering how he can based on their measurements be better than the season that earned him a payday while still getting fired for sucking? 

Something I just remembered - We are in a running division. Weather it's the Cowboys, Giants or us Skins we want to establish the run. When you look at the Eagles LBs they were small and they were missing someone who's good against the run. That's sort of Brown's strength. 

Anyway, with Foster filling in I don't think we'll regress any and we'll probably be better, but I know it will help the Eagles.  

On 5/2/2019 at 10:06 AM, Califan007 said:

Does anyone think, with the roster we currently have now, that coaching the Redskins might be a more attractive option should we be in the market again in January?

I think so. Maybe Ryan Day?

8 hours ago, RWJ said:

Might be the QB coach or OC but I think O Connell is the new HC IF Gruden gets his walking papers.  Just a guess.

I could see this happening, with a great new DC, given the talent on that unit. Gruden has been a decent offensive coach, but we are reportedly very bad statistically in terms of down/distance play calling trends and clock management. We don't look good coming out of a bye, and I rarely see us make in effective game adjustments. Cutting Swearinger was a sign of poor coaching. He was one of our top 3 defenders last year, was on a team friendly contract, and was cut for speaking the truth publicly without ever having been fined or suspended. I would absolutely have fined and suspended him first to try to save the player asset. 

I'm not sure if I would mind letting Gruden bring Haskins along a bit before moving on to a championship caliber coach. Gruden did a good job with Kirk, and Haskins could use a little continuity and development. 

10 hours ago, RWJ said:

Might be the QB coach or OC but I think O Connell is the new HC IF Gruden gets his walking papers.  Just a guess.

What's in his resume to make him the leader of men?

Hail Em Up!

Saw a rumor that 49ers DE Solomon Thomas was being offered for trade. I didn’t think he was that great coming out of Stanford. More interesting is that he and Rueben Foster were both their first round picks in, what? 2016 draft?  The GM later denied the trade rumors but still, very underperforming 1st round pick. 

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/04/49ers-shopping-solomon-thomas

1 hour ago, JaxJoe said:

Saw a rumor that 49ers DE Solomon Thomas was being offered for trade. I didn’t think he was that great coming out of Stanford. More interesting is that he and Rueben Foster were both their first round picks in, what? 2016 draft?  The GM later denied the trade rumors but still, very underperforming 1st round pick. 

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/04/49ers-shopping-solomon-thomas

I remember that pick as being a weird one. They were going from a base 3-4 to Seattle's 4-3 under scheme. They had two bigger 3-4 DLs who were not outside rushers in DeForest Buckner and Arik Armstead. When they added Thomas they added a DT/DE hybrid that probably projected best as a 3 technique DT in a 4-3. 

I thought it was just a weird pick. They needed a speed rusher for that scheme and sort of added to what they already had in a bunch of bull rushers. I remember looking at that roster thinking no one player has the individual pass rush skills to have more than 6 sacks, but I was wrong because they still had Elvis Dumervil who got 6.5. Granted, I'm now wrong because Buckner got 12 this past season, but that's sort of a crazy projection considering outside of one college season he's a sub 6 sack/season guy. 

Anyway, I think Thomas is not a good fit for what we do (a base 3-4) and our current roster. I still think he's projects better as a 3 technique DT than a DE. We've got a bunch of good, young DTs, so adding there and giving up future draft capital doesn't make much sense. 

On 5/2/2019 at 10:06 AM, Califan007 said:

Does anyone think, with the roster we currently have now, that coaching the Redskins might be a more attractive option should we be in the market again in January?

If the Skins fail to achieve under Gruden  for the 2019 season,  and Gruden is let go .What are the chances  Snyder turns to Urban Meyer as head coach ?

Obviously, Meyer is well acquainted with Haskins and  Mclaurin  from The Ohio state and the Skins are  infusing youth in to the roster.

I am not  a Urban Meyer fan to say the least and Meyer will probably not coach a collegian football team ever again. But Myer has football coaching in his blood and the next step would be the Pros. I am playing the Devils advocate in this query. Hail

On 5/4/2019 at 7:13 PM, BTBIRD 227 said:

If the Skins fail to achieve under Gruden  for the 2019 season,  and Gruden is let go .What are the chances  Snyder turns to Urban Meyer as head coach ?

Obviously, Meyer is well acquainted with Haskins and  Mclaurin  from The Ohio state and the Skins are  infusing youth in to the roster.

I am not  a Urban Meyer fan to say the least and Meyer will probably not coach a collegian football team ever again. But Myer has football coaching in his blood and the next step would be the Pros. I am playing the Devils advocate in this query. Hail

Hey, you never know lol...

Archived