Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It just keeps us in that 7-9 to 9-7 range.  I just want to see a team built properly, is all.  

If we were 12-4 and made a deep playoff run last year and we just got Collins, I'd be through the roof.  

This is such an ignorant comment. 

The NFL is built for every team to be 8-8. 

Only way to really consistently breakthrough is to get a HOF-caliber QB.   Which around 28 NFL teams are looking for. 

Keep building a solid base, hope to catch fire or land one of those QB’s. 

Just now, Skin'emAlive said:

DK Metcalf at #15, Tyree Jackson with the 3rd round compensation pick, and then the throw 75 yard MOABs. 

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25130513

Standig mentions here Hockenson might be in play at 15, hard to tell if that's his take or someone told him from the team likes him.  That's my guy at 15 if I had to stick with one.  You want to win with a mediocre at best pass game -- then build up the defense and offensive blocking.  Hockenson = monster TE blocker and passing weapon, too.  The other somewhat obvious thing IMO is take one of the pass rushers to push the defense further. 

2 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

This is such an ignorant comment. 

The NFL is built for every team to be 8-8. 

Only way to really consistently breakthrough is to get a HOF-caliber QB.   Which around 28 NFL teams are looking for. 

Keep building a solid base, hope to catch fire or land one of those QB’s. 

Thanks, but no.

You are correct that one of the ways to break through is to get a HOF-type QB.  Which they haven't done...well, practically since I've been alive (I'm 37).

And they most likely won't do that this year.  But if your response is that the NFL is built for every team to be 8-8, I guess we'll just have to settle.

11 minutes ago, Art said:

Well, since we're not drafting a QB with our first pick, you can expect a rookie in this year's draft....and Paul Richardson.   

It's fair to say with Crowder gone, this will need to be a place we go in the draft again.  Oh, and Doctson breaks out?   :).

Does anyone trust this team to draft a good Wide Receiver? Crowder is a bright spot in a large pile of garbage. Speaking of garbage I guess we’re still waiting on Doctson

18 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

With this franchise, you have to be cynical. I suspect a big part of this signing is the fact that the guy is a Sean Taylor PR rep and nostalgia machine. The FO knows they can rope fans in with that. 

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Lots of money! He idolized Sean Taylor though so i life the signing.

6 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Great news about Collins. The guy is young, tough, and an all pro. Yes, the money is a little high, but you gotta pay to play. For those of you ****ing about the signing, I'd much prefer overpaying a guy like Collins vs. a bunch of the usual BA bargain basement, bottom of the barrel signings, McGee, McClain, Hatcher, Paea, Goldson, Reyes, etc etc etc.

I'm fine with the signing, and hope there are a few more to come.

This is NOT the redskins of old. They used to sign over the hill looking for that last payday guys.

This dude is young and in his prime. I'm all for it.

I second this. If they had signed another two FA DT's whose name I struggle to remember, I would not have been hopeful. They need a couple more sizable signings. 

I'm also not unhappy about who they are letting go. Think about it this way, Preston Smith is rumored to get 12 million a year as a FA. I'd rather have Collins. Crowder is always hurt. Replace him with the draft. 

10 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Idk why everyone is expecting the plan to only be either go all in this year or blow it up.

No, the plan is always limp along at mediocrity just enough so we can say "if not for injuries, if not for rain, if not for the way that ball bounced that one time" and everybody gets to keep their high paying jobs

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Thanks, but no.

You are correct that one of the ways to break through is to get a HOF-type QB.  Which they haven't done...well, practically since I've been alive (I'm 37).

And they most likely won't do that this year.  But if your response is that the NFL is built for every team to be 8-8, I guess we'll just have to settle.

Mysef and GM’s across the league are interested in how to build a perennial 12-4 team without a HOF QB. 

Please explain. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Standig mentions here Hockenson might be in play at 15, hard to tell if that's his take or someone told him from the team likes him.  That's my guy at 15 if I had to stick with one.  You want to win with a mediocre at best pass game -- then build up the defense and offensive blocking.  Hockenson = monster TE blocker and passing weapon, too.  The other somewhat obvious thing IMO is take one of the pass rushers to push the defense further. 

i dont understand the interest in cutting Reed...Sure, If someone wants to trade us a draft pick for Reed at 8M per year...fine.

But in a world where Reed makes as much as Crowder over the next 3 years...whats the real motive?

19 minutes ago, wit33 said:

A strong safety isn’t moving the needle for the average consumer. Now, the entire unit on defense, maybe. I think it’s trending that way. A bunch of dudes who bring their lunch pale and are about team football leading to winning. You’d imagine getting a bunch of dudes familiar with one another that’ll be easier to establish a team versus me approach.

yeah, I'm having a hard time telling myself that Collins will lead to FedEx selling out now. But he could seriously upgrade the defense and help make it a strength again.

Just now, pcbothwel said:

i dont understand the interest in cutting Reed...Sure, If someone wants to trade us a draft pick for Reed at 8M per year...fine.

But in a world where Reed makes as much as Crowder over the next 3 years...whats the real motive?

Line Reed up in the slot 🤷‍♂️. He's only a TE because of his size.

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Thanks, but no.

Parity.

It exists. Some teams are better than others, but many are middle of the road. That's how teams come out of nowhere to have monster seasons that weren't anticipated. Yes we'd all like a HOF qb. But your odds of getting one are pretty slim. It's far more like you'll draft a Shuler than a Manning up high in the draft. So you keep building your team and hope you can find one, some way some how.

Look at our own division rivals the cowgirls. Romo was a undrafted walk on, and set damn near every passing record they had. He retires, In comes Dak, who has 2 10+ win seasonss and 2 playoff appearances, all as a lowly 4th round pick. Why?

Because they kept building their defense, O-line and running game.

Is Dak a HOF guy? No. Is he good enough to win games and give you a chance in the playoffs? Absolutely yes.

Here's another example. Nick Foles. The guy was almost out of the league and caught fire in the playoffs and gave them a SB trophy. And he did it by beating a HOF qb in Brady.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. The first hurdle is getting to the playoffs and all bets are off as it's a new season.

Obviously the easiest way to do that is to have a HOF qb, but those guys don't grow on trees.

2 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Mysef and GM’s across the league are interested in how to build a perennial 12-4 team without a HOF QB. 

Please explain. 

I'm interested in why the Redskins haven't been able to find one in forever. 

As I said earlier, I'm interested in a proper rebuild (read: finding a franchise quarterback, included) not adding a high priced safety that won't move the needle.

Archived