Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

10 hours ago, wit33 said:

Crazy part is Big Ben seems to be similar. Steelers overall just appear to be dysfunctional, but talented. 

I'm not going to pretend for two seconds that all the sudden Rapethsburger is some kinda model citizen that AB had the audacity to disrespect.  That whole franchise is going to hell in a handbasket right before our very eyes, Big Ben retiring will be the final death blow.

1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

So you prefer the owners to have the power???

Yes. Absolutely. The NBA is the worst league in pro-sports for people that aren't willing to bandwagon. Is it really fun that the every good NBA player wants to play in a lifestyle city AND on a team with 4 other all stars? GSW, LAL, NYK, Boston, Miami, maybe a few other other teams have a chance to build a perennial contender. It's terrible for fans.

What the NFL does right is competitive balance. Every city can win a championship with the right management, and every good player doesn't try to leave Cleveland and Pittsburgh for the West Coast or NY or Boston. 

edit: I'm also not pro-owner. I don't think tax payers should be subsidizing those billionaires by building their stadiums for them, and I do think players should have lifetime health benefits. I wouldn't mind guaranteed contracts if they figured out how to make it work for the cap. Right now, the cap system is not just owner friendly, it's fan friendly. Fans don't have to be stuck with their favorite franchise tied with multiple anchors around the neck for 5 years. 

The Steelers made a huge mistake in franchising Bell twice. If they weren’t going to keep him around long term, they should have trade him. Dude was a workhorse looking at another 2 billion touches, and no long term contract. As a running back, that’s dangerous. Brown took notice. 

They will find another receiver as long as Big Ben is still slinging. But they really hurt their chances by losing Bell and Brown and getting only a 3rd and 5th out of it. 

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The notion that the Steelers are in free-fall because they let a WR walk is astounding.  Roethlisbergers entire tenure there has been marked by letting high-priced WRs walk and replacing them easily and quickly via the draft.

This isn't the first step, this was coming.  Ben is pretty much done, replace WRs all they want they will need a QB soon.  What's their history in that?

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This isn't the first step, this was coming.  Ben is pretty much done, replace WRs all they want they will need a QB soon.  What's their history in that?

He threw for 5100 yards last year and started all 16 games.  That doesn’t sound like “pretty much done” to me.

Ben will be around for as long as Brady stays. Same with Brees and Rivers. 

But they could have just let bell hit free agency last year, and gotten a 3rd round conditional pick and forgo the headaches and drama. Brown might even still be around. They wanted it all and got burned for it. They are still a good team for as long as Ben and Tomlin are there. I see them drafting Bush to fill the Shazier void, ORUWARIYE, and a receiver that ends up falling. They will be fine. 

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I could also see the Raiders and Eagles heavily in on Le'Veon Bell.

If we truly were in and around AB, I think we could be in on Bell too. Could be part of the reason, other than cash, of stalling over Peterson.

38 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

He threw for 5100 yards last year and started all 16 games.  That doesn’t sound like “pretty much done” to me.

Have you been missing all the retirement talk with him last year or two?  Don't think for two seconds that has nothing to do with this.

So, he gets a 4 year/$68 mil contract, and then after a year ignores the 31 mil or so he'd already received, and pointed to  the salaries remaining and said "look how underpaid I am" and so he gets a new contract. Is there any reason he won't pull this again in a year? Especially because he "earned" the new deal by quiting on his team during the playoff run.

Awesome precedent that was set here. 

It is almost unfathomable to me that people wanted to trade for a 31 year old AB. Its like people just ignore all the moves from the past 20+ years in combination with the severe lack of success for the team.

Keep drafting and signing guys in FA that are 27 and younger, that is the way to go, and not have Bruce Allen making those decisions.

I am ecstatic AB isn't coming here.  The rumors we were in the hunt made me nervous.  One, he isn't the type of player I want here.  Two, we aren't one player away.  We don't need to be giving draft picks away.  We need to be collecting them (so Bruce can waste them).

9 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

So what's Antonio Brown up to these days, anybody on here any idea's?. 

HTTR 

Lol... Its Sunday March 10th and Skins name were in talks, let us have something to chew on. It will lose its steam in next 24-48hrs. 

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

If we truly were in and around AB, I think we could be in on Bell too. Could be part of the reason, other than cash, of stalling over Peterson.

Notwithstanding the salary cap limitations, does Bell make any sense for this team?  I suppose a two-headed monster with Guice is possible but seems like a poor allocation of resources to me.

Archived