Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

15 minutes ago, tchrpe1 said:

Would love to see Collins here but our salary cap really limits us compared to what the Colts can offer him.

We shouldn't be priced out of Collins based on our cap. We aren't where the Colts are, but we aren't in a terrible position either. I think people are making it out to be worse than it is. We aren't going to be able to go get 3 or 4 10 million a year guys, but we could swing 1 or 2. 

16 minutes ago, tchrpe1 said:

Well the Safety market is pretty flush with players looking to find a home before the draft. We don't land Collins there are other options out there.

As much as the Skins need a safety. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get one. I have no faith in Bruce as I'm sure no one does. 

So far in this thread I’ve learned:

1.  Bruce Allen sucks because he does not blow up the team;

2.  Bruce Allen sucks because he doesn’t sign three mega-deal players;

3.  Every poster on here could run the team better because they would either blow up the team or add three stars; 

4. Every free agent definitely wants to come here and is definitely better than anyone the Redskins have; and,

5.  We don’t need any free agents, just need to build through the draft.  

6 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

3.  Every poster on here could run the team better because they would either blow up the team or add three stars; 

Reading the draft thread over a number of years, I honestly feel like there are at least a few posters that would have run the team much, much better than our FO has. 

9 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

1.  Bruce Allen sucks because he does not blow up the team;

2.  Bruce Allen sucks because he doesn’t sign three mega-deal players;

4. Every free agent definitely wants to come here and is definitely better than anyone the Redskins have; and,

5.  We don’t need any free agents, just need to build through the draft.  

My 7 month old Granddaughter could run the Redskins better than the Tea Party organiser that is Bruce Allen. 

ALL I want is to see a certain direction that we the Redskins are trying to achieve. But under Allen I've no idea what direction we are headed. 

HTTR 

9 hours ago, markmills67 said:

My 7 month old Granddaughter could run the Redskins better than the Tea Party organiser that is Bruce Allen. 

ALL I want is to see a certain direction that we the Redskins are trying to achieve. But under Allen I've no idea what direction we are headed. 

HTTR 

I don't think it could be any clearer, we're not signing high priced free agents and we're focused on building through the draft with our standard and comp picks.

It's the way we should have been doing things 20 years ago.

Problem is the fans have lost patience and even though they say they want to do things the right way they really don't, most are impulsive and in denial that the team can quickly turn things around.

Lions linked to Trey Flowers who will be pricey.  

We could probably get 2 safeties for what Collins expects.   We value safeties that can both cover so go get a couple.  Spend the Collins money on CJ Mosely.  He and Foster would be a tandem for sure...draft an ILB on day 3 for depth with Shaun and JHC.

Get a WR too.

5 minutes ago, Poindexter said:

I would much rather have CJ Mosley than Landon Collins.  Mosley can do it all.

Agree.  I like Collins a lot but Mosley could give the Redskins a dose of what Dallas had last year a really good D line AND a monster MLB.  Dallas' defense to me is easily better than the Redskins -- and I think for one main reason and that is Dallas has that monster wrecking crew at MLB.  

maybe that's why no Zach Brown release yet, trying to trade him?

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  I like Collins a lot but Mosley could give the Redskins a dose of what Dallas had last year a really good D line AND a monster MLB.  Dallas' defense to me is easily better than the Redskins -- and I think for one main reason and that is Dallas has that monster wrecking crew at MLB.  

Draft Devin White or Devin Bush, paired with Reuben "Ferrari" Foster and boom. That's a nasty ILB duo to go with Kerrigan and Anderson or whoever takes over the LDE spot

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

maybe that's why no Zach Brown release yet, trying to trade him?

Makes you wonder, since we haven't released ANYBODY.  

I do wonder if Zach Brown is going to be retained because of the Rob Ryan connection.  Ryan was his DC in Buffalo during his career year, so it's possible Ryan is standing on the table a bit to keep him around.  

16 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Draft Devin White or Devin Bush, paired with Reuben "Ferrari" Foster and boom. That's a nasty ILB duo to go with Kerrigan and Anderson or whoever takes over the LDE spot

My worry is most of the big boys they are supposedly interested have many suitors at least judging by national reporters.  Can't recall Bruce ever winning a negotiation like that.  The closest was D.Jax and Noram but both had extenuating circumstances.  With D-Jax it was just them versus SF.  And with Norman they didn't let them out of the building and get to wide negotiations.  And in both cases it was later in the FA season after most teams already did their spending.

Bruce in an interview last year hinted that they hey we can get a late cut-signing like the past.   So I think they felt empowered by by the unique D. Jax and Norman cuts and I gather thought they will keep coming.  But they haven't.  Doug himself talked recently about June cuts.  So I wonder about their mentality this time let alone is Dan pushing things  now after supposedly letting Bruce do his thing in FA in the past. 

All these big name links feels like Dan.  But if this is really serious, Bruce will be entering new waters if he's going to outbid lets say 7 teams for CJ Mosley. 

Eagles love to collect D line talent

10 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I do wonder if Zach Brown is going to be retained because of the Rob Ryan connection.  Ryan was his DC in Buffalo during his career year, so it's possible Ryan is standing on the table a bit to keep him around.  

Let's hope that table's made out of steel..

29 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I feel bad for that table. 🤣

Archived