Riggo-toni

The 2019 Free Agency Tracker -Added: Landon Collins, Rodgers-Cromartie, Donald Penn, Flowers, Smallwood. Lost:Preston Smith, Nsekhe, Crowder, HaHa

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Art said:

 

Honestly, at this point don't you almost HAVE to bring back Ha Ha?   Seriously, we're so in on Bama boys and while I agree with everyone we got nothing from him a year ago, his value has also dwindled because of it.   He's have the most upside out there at the position so I'd lean toward bringing him back at this point.   What do you have to lose really.

 

I would pass on HaHa. The guy cant take a proper angle to save his life. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

 

There is still hope.  It'd be nice if he visited Skins HQ and all the Bama players could be there.  Maybe that might happen.  We come away with Collins and Mosely we've had a great FA.  Best in years, IMO.  BIG but we must sign Mosely to a LTD, IMO.

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Fan base sees through his distractions.  This team will be forever stuck in the 7 to 9 win range; as long as Gruden is here.  

 

Nah, it's worse than that. 7 to 9 range as long as Bruce and Dan are here unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, clskinsfan said:

 

I would pass on HaHa. The guy cant take a proper angle to save his life. 

 

Agree on this... still having Thanksgving flashbacks of him letting Amari Cooper (no speedster in his own right) take a 12-yard in-route over the middle and turning it into a 80+ yard touchdown...  I'll pass on HaHa too...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

2nd rounder, wow, he should be safe from prying teams

 

 

 

 

This still bugs me. I think we should have sat on Nate as opposed to keeping Colt. You don't put a 2nd rounder on someone you don't want to keep. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

 

Get Mosley, trade for Rosen and draft OL and WRs with picks left. Maybe trade down in first to draft 4 or more recievers. One has to work out right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

 

I would pass on HaHa. The guy cant take a proper angle to save his life. 

 

Actually, I think he chooses not to take proper angles in order to save his life (health).  Buisness decisions according to the Green Bay fans I have talked to.

Edited by Nerm
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One nice thing for Mosley is he can basically stay in the same area. I dont know where he lived in the Baltimore area. But his family wouldnt have to move. That is a big bonus if he likes where he is right now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

 

First is a matter of opinion, second is flat out false.

It is the Giants opinion to let him walk. Don't you think they know more about him than BA after having him on their team for 3 years when he was injured in 2 of those years and did not finish the season. He is a flawed player and that is from the Giant brass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, panahoo said:

Get Mosley, trade for Rosen and draft OL and WRs with picks left. Maybe trade down in first to draft 4 or more recievers. One has to work out right?

Devin Thomas, Fred Davis and Malcolm Kelley would like a word

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, alwaysaskin said:

Devin Thomas, Fred Davis and Malcolm Kelley would like a word

Yeah...... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

It is the Giants opinion to let him walk. Don't you think they know more about him than BA after having him on their team for 3 years when he was injured in 2 of those years and did not finish the season. He is a flawed player and that is from the Giant brass. 

Gettleman put the FT on Norman then pulled it.  He didn't FT Collins because he second guesses himself, IMO.  It's on Gettleman not Collins.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Unbias said:
14 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Nicholson getting into a fist fight with another guy isn't an off field mess.  It's a two dumb drunk guys fighting incident. He'll be fine.

 

Let's just ignore the off field stuff for a bit. The team saw him start 7 games before they traded a 4th for Haha and demoted him to special teams. The current coaching staff probably aren't too sold on him so I'm unsure if he'll be "fine'. 

I was talking about a suspension.  As far as foosball skillz he's not any sort of answer to the coverage issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, alwaysaskin said:

Devin Thomas, Fred Davis and Malcolm Kelley would like a word

 

Ugh... thanks for bringing that up from the grave and ruining my night!   😞

Edited by ColonialWBSkinsFan
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

There is still hope.  It'd be nice if he visited Skins HQ and all the Bama players could be there.  Maybe that might happen.  We come away with Collins and Mosely we've had a great FA.  Best in years, IMO.  BIG but we must sign Mosely to a LTD, IMO.

 

Dude, if he makes it to the league year and you see him visiting, he's signing here.

 

But at this rate he's going to hit $20 million and I, EVEN I, who cares NOTHING about the cap and would encourage an owner to fork over whatever it takes, would say that's way too much for that guy at that position on this team.   Just keep Brown and every so often slap him in the head to remind him he's on a football field.   Mosely is a good player, but the winner in this free agency is HIM as he's may wind up $7 million above his initial yearly thoughts and I would agree whoever gets him will have paid more than the going rate for a very good inside backer :).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

 

Ugh... thanks for briniging that up from the grave and ruining my night!   😞

The team’s record with drafting Receivers is outstandingly bad, Crowder has the been the Receiver they hit on during the Snyder era

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

One nice thing for Mosley is he can basically stay in the same area. I dont know where he lived in the Baltimore area. But his family wouldnt have to move. That is a big bonus if he likes where he is right now.

 

 

By that logic wouldn't he just stay in Baltimore?

 

If being close to Baltimore is the argument then Philly and both NY teams are also in play, aren't they?

 

I've never heard of a player giving a 'hometown discount' to any team in the general geographic vicinity as their home. 

Edited by Unbias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

It is the Giants opinion to let him walk. Don't you think they know more about him than BA after having him on their team for 3 years when he was injured in 2 of those years and did not finish the season. He is a flawed player and that is from the Giant brass. 

The same brass that has proven to be a train wreck for their team the last 2 seasons and hired a worse coach then Jon Gruden's dumber brother and started a fire sell last year.  Really nothing valid about validating the NY Giants brass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Unbias said:

 

 

By that logic wouldn't he just stay in Baltimore?

 

If being close to Baltimore is the argument then Philly and both NY teams are also in play, aren't they?

 

I've never heard of a player giving a hometown discount to a team that's in the general geographic vicinity as their home. 

Not a discount but it could go on the pros list. The Jets and Eagles etc would be on the cons list for location.

Edited by panahoo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

 

I would pass on HaHa. The guy cant take a proper angle to save his life. 

 

You're not wrong.   I do think some of that comes from "thinking" through your play and just knowing your assignment.   He came here in the middle of the year and had to learn.   I think he was just off and wasn't playing naturally.   There was a time he was thought to be a big-money free agent.   At the time we got him he or Swearinger was No. 1 and the other was No. 2 in PFF safety rankings.   I'm not saying this is a guy you give much to, but, seriously, a one-year prove it deal couldn't possibly be a bad idea.

 

I happen to like Nicholson in an exclusively deep coverage way that Collins being here might allow, so I wouldn't fear him there either.   But I won't cry to see Dix gone, and I won't cheer if he returns, but I won't be surprised if he does either.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Unbias said:

 

 

By that logic wouldn't he just stay in Baltimore?

 

If being close to Baltimore is the argument then Philly and both NY teams are also in play, aren't they?

 

I've never heard of a player giving a 'hometown discount' to any team in the general geographic vicinity as their home. 

 

never said anything about a discount. But if we are close to the rest of the offers. It might have some impact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am no arm chair GM but how much better than Swearinger can we expect Landon to be?  I was pretty happy with Swear in the box and he seemed to fill a leadership void the D has lacked since London retired. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Art said:

 

You're not wrong.   I do think some of that comes from "thinking" through your play and just knowing your assignment.   He came here in the middle of the year and had to learn.   I think he was just off and wasn't playing naturally.   There was a time he was thought to be a big-money free agent.   At the time we got him he or Swearinger was No. 1 and the other was No. 2 in PFF safety rankings.   I'm not saying this is a guy you give much to, but, seriously, a one-year prove it deal couldn't possibly be a bad idea.

 

I happen to like Nicholson in an exclusively deep coverage way that Collins being here might allow, so I wouldn't fear him there either.   But I won't cry to see Dix gone, and I won't cheer if he returns, but I won't be surprised if he does either.

I would just like to put on record, its really good to have you back a bit Art.

Edited by panahoo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chiefs made Collins a priority in free agency. Signs with Redskins instead. Chiefs go for option B and sign Mathieu. They apparently thought Collins was better.

 

Collins: $14M/yr for 6 years, $45M of it guaranteed

Mathieu: $14M/yr for 3 years, 100% of it guaranteed

 

Skins get Collins for the next 6 years. Collins was their first choice. They got him.

Chiefs get Mathieu for the next 3 years. Collins was their first choice, too. Got Mathieu instead.

 

Redskins getting roasted by some segments over Collins.

Chiefs getting crickets and tumbleweeds over Mathieu.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.