Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

12 minutes ago, Art said:

And the information the Skins had at the time was not what we had as fans.

I debated whether or not to mention that part lol...

And I do agree that if you're talking about two HOF players wwho are among the best to ever play the game at their position, then it's far more even and more difficult to determine which is more valuable. But at the time both Portis an Bsiley were only pro bowl players (I think, could be wrong and maybe Portis didn't make the PB).

1 minute ago, Art said:

Sorry, not sure how to multiquote after a post is made so writing a double here.

If the Jets, who have more cap room than us, can sign Barr why would they be out for Mosely if we, who have less cap room, are still in after signing Collins?   Assume the cap is fictional.   It's really how high we're willing to go at this point.   I thought we'd be out at the $17 million a season mark, which I suspect will get blown away now :).

Thrifty is as thrifty does. Just because a team has a ton of cap room doesn’t mean they’re willing to spend it. The Jets have been cheap for years.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Alex’s situation is an outlier, of course nobody can predict a broken leg.

There are plenty of other examples all across the league and certainly here in DC where players get inked to huge deals, where they either don’t fit or are regularly injured.  When the player doesn’t work out, an aging player falls off a cliff physically, or an often injured player gets injured again, that’s not luck. That’s what GM’s get paid the big bucks for, to take all of that into account.  That’s why they, in most places, get canned when the decisions don’t work out.

Who is to blame for signing Trotter, then having Trotter play as a Ray Lewis, read and react, rather than a downhill wrecking ball player?   The coaching staff is involved in the decisions and signed off on Trotter.   But then made no adjustments for what Trotter was as a player.   It was a GREAT signing we screwed on, but not because anyone had bad info.   He was just used dumbly.   In that case the GM would rightfully want to fire the coach who hosed that.   

You can't really look at many of the personnel moves we've made and said, "THAT CLEARLY WAS HORRENDOUS," under the current GM.   You can't because for the most part we don't dip too far into free agency.   And you can't because, for the most part, the team has been average with possible upside when healthy and obvious downside when not.   When Bruce took power after Shanny left that's who we've been.   Bruce hasn't been good, or really bad and the team hasn't been good, or really bad.   It's been bleh.   And we can go 12-4 this season perfectly healthy and STILL not be a team that Allen has done a great job for.   We'd just have had a fortunate year.

52 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Yep, that's the lazy way some are approaching it. I wish I was paid to analyze things and the most analyzation I needed to provide was "Lulz Redskins".

Sorry, Loverro beat you to it. Cant wait to see what his byline will be tomorrow.  We should have a hater headline contest I bet WAPO runs with something like how the genius giants outsmrated our bumbling FO. 

Im searching for opinions here, with the lose of crowder to the jets, we need to grab another reciever, i have an jnhealthy love for Tyrell Williams from the chargers. Now he is honestly the only fa wr that i would consider, if metcalf or brown are there at 15 do we take one? What other wr do you guys like in free agency, ryan grant, Beasley?

Just now, LittleTinyUnbornBaby said:

Im searching for opinions here, with the lose of crowder to the jets, we need to grab another reciever, i have an jnhealthy love for Tyrell Williams from the chargers. Now he is honestly the only fa wr that i would consider, if metcalf or brown are there at 15 do we take one? What other wr do you guys like in free agency, ryan grant, Beasley?

Golden Tate?

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Collins, Allen and Foster were on the 2013 Ala. Football team.  Can their presence on our team woo Mosley?

absolutely.  Every defensive alabama alum is going to affected by what is an obvious attempt to re-create the dominant alabama defenses on an nfl team.  This is why I love this strategy by our front office to keep targeting these players.   We desperately need to try and rub some of that crimson tide magic on a team that has been arguably cursed.

Mosley is great and I would like if we signed him but I am also hoping they draft Mack wilson from alabama in the 2nd or 3rd.   He has great athleticism and coverage skills.  Something we definitely have been lacking at LB

Just now, CurseReversed said:

absolutely.  Every defensive alabama alum is going to affected by what is an obvious attempt to re-create the dominant alabama defenses on an nfl team.  This is why I love this strategy by our front office to keep targeting these players.   We desperately need to try and rub some of that crimson tide magic on a team that has been arguably cursed.

Mosley is great and I would like if we signed him but I am also hoping they draft Mack wilson from alabama in the 2nd or 3rd.   He has great athleticism and coverage skills.  Something we definitely have been lacking at LB

He will go in the 1st....

1 minute ago, CurseReversed said:

Might as well get Irv Smith too. Why not Some Alabama O?

Just now, LittleTinyUnbornBaby said:

I completely forgot he was out there, he didnt do as well in philly like he did in det did he? Id assume he would want big money, but i would consider him more of a lower contract guy lol

I would like him on a lower contract. He was just someone who came to mind as a WR option in FA...

1 minute ago, panahoo said:

Golden Tate?

Yeah, that would work. He's a difference maker that can break tackles and can get open. The only problem is that he'd probably cost $9-10M/year, but honestly he'd probably be worth it.  

25 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Wow, eagles just tendered Sudfeld at round 2

Good move by them. Wentz is talented, but has gotten hurt ending both of his last seasons. If they like him as a backup they should assure he's there. Afterall they were comfortable paying Foles whatever he got last year just to ensure their QB position was taken care of. 

25 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Barr is an edge rusher so you may have a point and they still want an ILB.

In college, maybe. Barr has not played EDGE in the NFL hardly at all, his sacks have come off blitzes. If the Jets really want him to be a full-time passrusher they're going to be sorely disappointed. 

Archived