Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Take that back.. calling me a ****ing troll...I might only be 5'6 but I'm no troll ..my mom is 4'9..she's closer to a troll than me

Many here no I'm not a troll..

Most of us recognize your sarcasm. Some dont. We need a sarcasm emoji.

7 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Apprehension based on old moves made by a front office and coaching staff that are long gone.  

I get the concern having a large amount tied up in a single player, but Collins young, 3 time pro-bowler, and was a team captain.  We do need to use him correctly.  I do not want to see him isolated against Ertz with any real consistency.  

This may have been a move to create a buzz... but we got a really good football player.  

I mean...signing really good players SHOULD create a buzz

10 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

Bakedtater is a troll.  We haven't had a top-flight safety since Sean.  That pick up solidifies that position for four years, so now we can concentrate on the other glaring needs... RG for instance.  We have a decent amount of picks to address the LB spots, WR,  and find a 3rd back.  Chillax, my dude.  It's only March.

Have you ever checked out any other threads in this wonderful site?..why don't you explore a little bit and find out how I really feel about getting Landon Collins.

9 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Example: signing Keenum gets criticized almost immediately with comments like "Oh great, Keenum is just mediocre enough to get the Skins a 7-9 record," "when will the Skins stop signing average-to-below-average talent for cheap deals?"...and even RG3 taking a shot on twitter saying "Yep, that's just what the fans wanted" (or words to that effect)...

That's followed by signing Collins, and there is a sizeable contingent saying things like "Same old Redskins, overspending for overrated talent," "this is Snyder trying to distract the fanbase with a splashy signing," "shiny new toy" (sorry, RandyHolt lol...saw this mentioned far more than just by you, though)...and that one guy on twitter saying that he loves following the Skins during free agency because they always act like a kid with an Amazon gift card who "has no idea how money works" (which Reid retweeted with obvious glee)...

I think it just shows how jaded and bitter people are. They want to win, and want it RIGHT NOW.. which is understandable considering how bad this team has been over the last 2 decades. Even though it's not reflected in the standings yet, the team is trending in the right direction. The last few drafts have been excellent, (imo) and they've got a ton of picks to upgrade the team some more this year. Yes there have been missteps (Smith contract) but I generally agree with the direction the team is headed.  Just need to find that elusive "franchise" guy and develop him.

I'm probably in the minority, but I liked the Keenum trade. I think he's a solid starter and would wager he'd put up better numbers than Smith did. I also think he's an excellent "bridge" qb to mentor whoever we end up drafting and sitting this year. Same with Collins, like the deal and think he's an excellent player who will help the defense. Some will complain it's rearranging the deck chairs, but whatever. It's a solid move and a smart one imo.

2 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

I think it just shows how jaded and bitter people are. They want to win, and want it RIGHT NOW.. which is understandable considering how bad this team has been over the last 2 decades. Even though it's not reflected in the standings yet, the team is trending in the right direction. The last few drafts have been excellent, (imo) and they've got a ton of picks to upgrade the team some more this year. Yes there have been missteps (Smith contract) but I generally agree with the direction the team is headed.  Just need to find that elusive "franchise" guy and develop him.

I'm probably in the minority, but I liked the Keenum trade. I think he's a solid starter and would wager he'd put up better numbers than Smith did. I also think he's an excellent "bridge" qb to mentor whoever we end up drafting and sitting this year. Same with Collins, like the deal and think he's an excellent player who will help the defense. Some will complain it's rearranging the deck chairs, but whatever. It's a solid move and a smart one imo.

Yeah, I know and you're right...I guess I just like pointing it out for some reason lol...

14 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

I like the Keenum deal for what it is, QB competition for a team that has a lot of money tied up in QBs.  Collins is a lot, but that doesn't bother me either (will depend a little on how they decide to treat the FS position).  I also don't need to see them win now.

I do see a bunch of guys trying to save their jobs and doing things that are for right now, when that may not be the best case plan.  They make good moves at times, last years draft was solid.  However, I do think the Alex Smith trade and signing was a bad idea last year, before the injury happened.  I don't see this year as a playoff push year and Keenum/Collins doesn't change that. 

With years of losing or solid looking teams failing, it's no wonder people are frustrated.  I get annoyed when people decide to use that to tell people they are stupid because they don't see things shiny and new or that they should turn in their fan card.  They are here because they are fans too. 

11 hours ago, TheShredder said:

The same brass that has proven to be a train wreck for their team the last 2 seasons and hired a worse coach then Jon Gruden's dumber brother and started a fire sell last year.  Really nothing valid about validating the NY Giants brass.

Stop it, you are paying a box safety shut down corner money when you are strapped and you are going to say the Giants brass does not know what THEY are doing? LC wanted 11mil from the Giants and they let him walk and we threw 14 on him. Guess you think Andy R does not know what he is doing either. On the other side if you get the guy from 3-4 years ago then maybe it is not that bad but he has had injury prob the last 2 years and he was not playing up to his first 2 years ability. Time will tell but right now, IMO we overpaid for a flawed player.

1 hour ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Think I would rather have Tate than Crowder or is it a wash?

It may come down to salary, but Crowder had more than enough chances here.  The grass ain't always greener sure but with or without Crowder our WR group is thin... literally and figuratively.  The only durable WR we have, Mike Quick, cannot even get on the field.  I am encouraged that Doc survived physically last year, but still think he would be well served to crush some protein shakes.

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

It may come down to salary, but Crowder had more than enough chances here.  The grass ain't always greener sure but with or without Crowder our WR group in thin... literally and figuratively.  The only durable WR we have, Mike Quick, cannot even get on the field.

Our Practice Squad guys have their best shot this year to make active roster and get targets. Here’s hoping they can and do. 

Archived