Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Teams are waiting.  IF the Cardinals go Murray at #1, and all signs point to that being the case, then Rosen's trade value plummets.  I don't think the Redskins want to get desperate here.

I may be wrong but I think signings still play into comp picks, where if they wait a bit more they don't.

Also, none of us ever know what contract they are looking for and potential health/legal issues.

I'd imagine the Cards don't want to wait til draft day... not because Rosen's stock drops, but because the longer it goes before they  make a deal, the more possible draft capital will be off the board, by virtue of teams using their draft picks.  I'd imagine if Rosen isn't traded by the time Arizona is on the clock... he wont be, unless a team freaks out and offers up big return.  That of course could be what they're hoping happens.  It's a gamble, but I can see a scenario on draft day where Murray goes 1 overall.  Oak picks a QB at 4, Denver takes a QB at 10, and Miami panics and takes someone like Jones at 13.  Then ATL is on the clock and we're on deck with absolutely no 1st round QB talent left on the board.  Bruce could easily panic and offer up 15 to Arizona.  I don't agree with the move, but I can see a scenario where that happens.  

Berry was cut... which means he does not count toward the comp picks. 

5 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I'd imagine the Cards don't want to wait til draft day... not because Rosen's stock drops, but because the longer it goes before they  make a deal, the more possible draft capital will be off the board, by virtue of teams using their draft picks.  I'd imagine if Rosen isn't traded by the time Arizona is on the clock... he wont be, unless a team freaks out and offers up big return.  That of course could be what they're hoping happens.  It's a gamble, but I can see a scenario on draft day where Murray goes 1 overall.  Oak picks a QB at 4, Denver takes a QB at 10, and Miami panics and takes someone like Jones at 13.  Then ATL is on the clock and we're on deck with absolutely no 1st round QB talent left on the board.  Bruce could easily panic and offer up 15 to Arizona.  I don't agree with the move, but I can see a scenario where that happens.  

Berry was cut... which means he does not count toward the comp picks. 

No way cards draft Murray and keep Rosen.  That's why teams are waiting.

I was referring more to Boston.

24 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

No way cards draft Murray and keep Rosen.  That's why teams are waiting.

I was referring more to Boston.

Yeah I agree, and that's why i think they want to move sooner rather than later.  It was just a very risky scenario that i put out there.  I don't necessarily think they're taking that approach because they would likely be forced to move Rosen at a much lower number if they were to wait.  It would be a very long shot to think that a team would get desperate, but my point was, it would not shock me completely if Bruce were to make a move like that. 

Not likely.... just a possible scenario.  

Sorry, i got ya now bud.  

^^ To add...

PFF WAS Redskins @PFF_Redskins

PFF WAS Redskins Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Uhatafe finished with a 66.5 overall grade which was 5th best among 21 qualifying guards.

Overview
Uhatafe has desired NFL size and possesses good upper body power, but his lack of functional athleticism and body control may be too much to overcome. Uhatafe can land with initial pop, but simply doesn't use his hands to help him sustain blocks and that may not be correctable. His size should get him into a camp, but making a team will be an uphill battle.
Strengths
  • Has thick-boned frame that carries natural anchor
  • Able to withstand and absorb power
  • Tough to move
  • Attacks blockers with early arm extension
  • Has upper body power to pack some pop in initial contact
  • Generates decent push in double teams
  • Has enough lateral quickness to handle inside zone duties
  • Protects with sturdy edges that are difficult to play through
Weaknesses
  • Rarely latches into opponents with his hands
  • Unable to sustain and has a poor finishing rate
  • Lacks baseline fluidity to get from block to block with consistency
  • Struggles to handle move blocks
  • Unable to bend and unlock his hips
  • Drive blocking comes from upper body rather than lower body
  • Needs better awareness and peripheral vision in pass pro
  • Waist-bender
  • Reactive athleticism isn't there

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Salesi Uhatafe

Just for those playing at home that makes 4 players I drafted for the Redskins in the 2018 ES Mock Draft that they ended up with - they drafted 3 now sign Uhatafe (see the chart at the bottom). I drafted Guice higher because it was well before the garbage spread about him. Below is the write up I had for our Mock wrap-up. 

7th rd – Pick #241 Overall – Salesi Uhatafe, OG Utah – We are delighted to bring Salesi into the o-line room. He has a strong powerful base with prototypical size for an interior lineman. He can play both RG and LG, earning 2nd team All Pac-12 honors at LG last year after playing 13 games at RG in 2016. He will need to work on technique and keep his weight in check, but is a raw talent and very coachable, as all Utah lineman are. At the very least he should provide solid depth across the interior of the line and with some coaching and hard work, in a few seasons he could even push for starting snaps. Will likely start on the PS this year – although he is already better than Shawn Lauvuo. Ok, maybe not but if you get this far maybe you got a good chuckle.

Rd Overall Pick Player School Position
1 #26 Derrius Guice LSU RB
2 #44 Tim Settle Va. Tech DT
2 #58 Ogbonnia Okoronkwo Oklahoma DE
4 #113 Darious Williams UAB CB
5 #149 Tre'Quan Smith UCF WR
6 #188 Darius Phillips W. Michigan CB
7 #231 Shaun Dion Hamilton Alabama ILB
7 #241 Salesi Uhatafe Utah OG

36 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

Maybe they see bad coaching and they can change the problems of the better guys.

I would guess so, yeah.  I was just making a joke since it seemed all the this guy’s issues were (or seemed to be) due to coaching.  

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Jack del Rio is backing my prediction that Russell Wilson will be traded.. to the Giants

For what? The Giants sort of emptied their cabinet of everyone and everything worth trading for. Unless they're going to ship Barkley out too.  :ols:

7 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

For what? The Giants sort of emptied their cabinet of everyone and everything worth trading for. Unless they're going to ship Barkley out too.  :ols:

Three firsts and a couple of 2ds over the next two drafts?

23 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Three firsts and a couple of 2ds over the next two drafts?

If they trade all that for a 30 year old QB, I'd think they're kind of dumb. It would leave them with a QB, an RB, and I guess an offensive line if they ever figure out how to get a starting OT. Bonus points for Jabril Peppers, but their receiver corps leaves a lot to be desired, especially when they're trading the farm.

12 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Tre Boston should be on speed dial. once the window opens up for not losing any comp picks on FA's..

He played exceptional last year.

With no one signing him yet, I have to wonder if the contract demand is too high or there is an injury/suspension?

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/4/11/18306889/nfl-free-agency-redskins-sign-former-aaf-lb-demarquis-gates

Washington signs former AAF LB DeMarquis Gates

Linebacker DeMarquis Gates lost a job when the Alliance of American Football went out of business, but he landed another one on Thursday.

Washington announced that they have signed Gates to their 90-man roster.

Gates was with the Memphis Express for the AAF’s eight-game season. He had 72 tackles and a sack while playing for head coach Mike Singletary’s club.

Gates was undrafted out of Ole Miss last year after playing 45 games for the school. Gates had 282 tackles, 17.5 tackles for loss and six sacks before leaving the school. He signed with the Browns in May and was waived in June when Cleveland signed kicker Ross Martin.

9 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

So Gates is small and fast for an ILB.(6'2, 218, 4.65 40). Not sure how much he can play on a down by down basis but at least it gets the team younger. And if he can stop the run he may be competition for JHC. 

I envision him playing OLB, not ILB.

He may not actually ever play OLB, but I will still envision that.

Just like I envision 4 Lombardis for the Skins in the next decade.

Archived