Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, Darth Tater said:

We won't resign Preston Smith or Crowder and it is NOT because of talent or price.  It is because both were from the 2015 draft (first Scott) and Scherff is too good.  Norman was a 2016 FA, so he might find himself at risk.  Since another TE with injury history is a FA, Reed could find himself expendable.  Hey,if by some miracle (or Snyder listens to Wormtounge 2.0) Bruce is GM next year, he also gets to get rid of Doctson and possibly Ionniadas.  That would pretty much eliminate Scott's direct work which is a huge goal for Bruce. 

Morse is a FA.  He is the guy we'd probably have taken if we'd gone after Leonard Williams.  That would be an in-your face Scott move that Bruce might like and Kujo won't even be in the running for backup (the last 2015 draft pick besides Scherff).

Tyler Eifert has an injury history but is pretty good when not injured.  He'll be cheap and a guy with injury history is Bruce's style.

We need an edge too.  Is there a guy out there with an injury history who we can get?

Can't see him getting rid of Ionnidas...i guess I could but that would be awful.

24 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

How much would Nick Foles cost as a free agent? More than we can afford, I’m guessing?

I presume out of reach but that was before I was surprised by the Flacco rumors.  I'd guess 20-25 million a year range.  I still say long shot at best.  Seems like Jax will be hot in the hunt judging by twitter rumors. 

24 minutes ago, redskinss said:

When does free agency officially begin this year?

All 2018 player contracts will expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time. The 2019 league year and free agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time. The first day of the 2019 league year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 13.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I presume out of reach but that was before I was surprised by the Flacco rumors.  I'd guess 20-25 million a year range.  I still say long shot at best.  Seems like Jax will be hot in the hunt judging by twitter rumors. 

Agreed. Jags hot favourites, I could see Miami trying hard to get him through the door as well. 

I'd like to see the skins dump some salaries.

Norman (possible he could stay though)

Reed - gone

Foster - gone

Brown - gone

Smith - gone

Crowder - gone

I'd like to see them add a starting caliber FA guard, and a pass rusher. Quinn, Clowney, DLaw, Houston, etc. There are a few of them out there. No idea if Clowney and Law get tagged, odds are they probably will. But if they're gonna spend money on something, make it something worthwhile.. a beastly pass rusher opposite Kerrigan with some combo of Payne/Allen/Ion in between them.. it would be a fearsome group on 3rd downs.

No more bargain hunting for rushers like Gallette. Spend the money on a young proven stud.

A vet QB and Landon Collins, assuming he hits the market, is where I see our money going. The vast majority of FA sucks. Jay will want Crowder and AP back.

48 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

a beastly pass rusher opposite Kerrigan

Personally I'm a big fan of Kerrigan, but he is essentially getting Preston Smith's money moving forward. Some FO would consider moving Kerrigan on via trade and retaining the younger Smith on similar contract terms.

Not that I would, but I wonder if that is even being considered. I'd guess no.

Hoping they hang onto Zach Brown and that one of the reasons Rob Ryan was hired was his familiarity with Brown. If somehow, the Skins have Brown and Reuben Foster in the middle, flying around it could really be a catalyst to the team making a big jump defensively. 

Brown was an absolute monster for Skins two years ago, an all pro type in games. Hate to see speed and talent like that go, especially a guy who experienced success with Skins. 

I DO NOT want another year of Mason Foster being the starter. I can get with him being on team for leadership (especially with knuckleheads in Reuben and Brown) and on field situationally, but not starting or anything close to it. 

6 hours ago, wit33 said:

Hoping they hang onto Zach Brown and that one of the reasons Rob Ryan was hired was his familiarity with Brown. If somehow, the Skins have Brown and Reuben Foster in the middle, flying around it could really be a catalyst to the team making a big jump defensively. 

Brown was an absolute monster for Skins two years ago, an all pro type in games. Hate to see speed and talent like that go, especially a guy who experienced success with Skins. 

I DO NOT want another year of Mason Foster being the starter. I can get with him being on team for leadership (especially with knuckleheads in Reuben and Brown) and on field situationally, but not starting or anything close to it. 

Not happening especially when you have a budding starter like SDH making a minimum salary. Also I don't think Brown and Foster can play together as neither is a playcaller at the ILB position

Add another Free Agent QB to the list😄

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/johnny-manziel-cut-from-canadian-football-league-after-violating-contract

"The Montreal Alouettes released a statement on Wednesday announcing that Manziel, 26, had been cut from the team following a directive by the Canadian Football League (CFL) to terminate his contract. "

27 minutes ago, method man said:

Not happening especially when you have a budding starter like SDH making a minimum salary. Also I don't think Brown and Foster can play together as neither is a playcaller at the ILB position

The SDH point is valid and Brown being released has been likely since SDH took snaps away from Brown late in season. Just like freaks on the field and Brown qualifies, but i hear ya. 

I'm good with moving on from Reed, Crowder, Vernon, Mason Foster and Norman....none have produced to their paychecks and keeping them hasn't gotten us anywhere. I like Quinn to replace Crowder and I like the idea of taking the money saved by the cuts and using it towards O-line and linebackers. Cut the expensive dead weight guys and bring in younger talent. This coming season and the way our front office approaches it is big for the future of the franchise. We have to treat it as a roster rebuild with an eye towards 2020 and beyond. Take a flier on young QB's like Tannehill or Bridgewater, or a draft pick and see if you can't coach em up. Throw the young WR's in there and get them experience. 

Dump Crowder and Norman immediately, I for one think we should keep Reed for one more year. If he stays healthy and gets his mojo back he changes the whole game. I think Quinn can replace Crowder in the slot and be very effective. I would also let AP walk, it was a fun year with him and we all loved watching him but Guice is going to be our guy and all eyes will be fixed on him. Hopefully CT can have a bounce back year. Clinton Dix was terrible and I would love to see us get Collins but I think he will be out of reach. 

Extending Scherff would be almost like taking some Valium...eeeeeverrrryyyyy thhhiiiiinnng wooould beeee oooooo k..to me anyway lol but seriously extend that big man...how's he doing by the way.. anyone got any scuttlebutt on that?

8 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Regarding AP... it's the guaranteed money they are having trouble with...

Aging, Oft-injured RB

I was worried about this...he(AP)is thinking nahh the roo.. second year dude has this.. maybe, hopefully he's not thinking that..I feel they'll come to an agreement..

3 hours ago, UKskins said:

Hell,

Given the **** we've signed in FA over recent years, I'd be happy if we sign a starting caliber FA player

That's true. I'm sick of the BA tightwad bottom of the barrel signings. 

He likes to sign mediocre guys to grossly inflated contacts instead of a few above average guys.

He keeps striking out on guys like McGee and the guy from Dallas.

What sucks is we wanted away from the Vinny days, but he's gone to the complete opposite end of the spectrum and literally signs the left overs a week or two after the rush dies down. And to top it off, he pays them way too much for what they produce.

Archived