Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

19 hours ago, MariusVT said:

That's the type of move you make if you're a couple of pieces away from contention.... which we most certainly are not.

NFCEast leader and well in the playoff hunt before Alex went down.... yea, i'd say we're pretty close... 

Those types of statements don't make sense anymore. It's anyones game

Could it be? King wrote:

A smart guy in the league told me the other day: “Look for the desperate teams with Brown.” What team is more desperate than Washington, which is hemorrhaging fans, has no idea who the 2019 quarterback will be, has no idea who the 2020 coach will be, hasn’t won a playoff game in 14 years, and has an embattled owner searching for anything that will get his team out of the muck and mire of mediocrity? This also fits the Pittsburgh plan of wanting to send Brown out of the AFC. The problem, obviously, would be finding a quarterback to get the ball to Brown. But Washington’s a team that loves to win the offseason and hasn’t done so in a while. I’d be surprised if Bruce Allen and Kevin Colbert don’t talk about Brown.

Inside the Beltway, folks want to know if Brown's availability is the exact answer to the Redskins' lack of playmakers. A case can be made either way.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/case-and-against-redskins-trading-antonio-brown

3 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

NFCEast leader and well in the playoff hunt before Alex went down.... yea, i'd say we're pretty close... 

Those types of statements don't make sense anymore. It's anyones game

Yeah, but now we’re most likely going to have McCoy or josh Johnson start at QB for next season. we went from close to wayyyy off 😂

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, but now we’re most likely going to have McCoy or josh Johnson start at QB for next season. we went from close to wayyyy off 😂

I don't believe they will move forward with those options as the starting QB. Not saying what we do end up with will be much better, but i think our defense and supporting cast can still take us pretty far. We will see how FA and the draft go. 

Unless it's Tom Brady, defense still wins championships.

https://nfltraderumors.co/bengals-looking-to-trade-wr-john-ross/

Bengals looking to trade WR John Ross..... I remember people calling him the next Desean Jackson but he's oft-injured and hasn't yet lived up to the hype.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/26/dolphins-expected-to-part-with-robert-quinn-and-likely-andre-branch/

Dolphins expected to part with Robert Quinn.... salary cap cut. Still only 28 years old. Seems to have lost a step but maybe he needs a change of scenery?

Plenty of moves being made by other teams, releases, potential cuts, trade candidates etc, yet nothing from Redskins world. Even the stories of the Scherff extension and AP talks have tailed off.

I mean, it's a guess, but Bruce and Co must be in the process of conjuring up their latest major move. Something 'significant' has to be just around the corner.

23 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Plenty of moves being made by other teams, releases, potential cuts, trade candidates etc, yet nothing from Redskins world. Even the stories of the Scherff extension and AP talks have tailed off.

I mean, it's a guess, but Bruce and Co must be in the process of conjuring up their latest major move. Something 'significant' has to be just around the corner.

And we still haven't signed Josh Johnson either...

1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:

https://nfltraderumors.co/bengals-looking-to-trade-wr-john-ross/

Bengals looking to trade WR John Ross..... I remember people calling him the next Desean Jackson but he's oft-injured and hasn't yet lived up to the hype.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/26/dolphins-expected-to-part-with-robert-quinn-and-likely-andre-branch/

Dolphins expected to part with Robert Quinn.... salary cap cut. Still only 28 years old. Seems to have lost a step but maybe he needs a change of scenery?

John Ross would be a pretty cool addition.  One of our 3rd round picks could probably get it done.  But I would love to get KD Metcalf in the draft.

4 hours ago, RWJ said:

I'd rather the Skins use a 3rd on WR Isabella from UMass then a 3rd on Ross.  Ross has injury issues and will be MUCH more costly.

I think Ross goes for a 4th or 5th, and I'd pay that. You don't give up on a 1st round pick so quickly and get good value. You've already shown your hand by wanting to give up on him in the first place, you're just trying to salvage the situation. He's the type of deep threat woth potential we need, and at the price I mentioned I'd go for it. Similar deep threats in the draft will go much higher. This would be a great use of one of our later comp picks. 

26 minutes ago, Redskinzfan30 said:

And if we brought back Ha-Ha which I don’t foresee happening but if we did man that’s an insane amount of Bama players

Personally, I don't want Ha Ha back.  He was a waste of a 4th round pick.  

12 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think Ross goes for a 4th or 5th, and I'd pay that. You don't give up on a 1st round pick so quickly and get good value. You've already shown your hand by wanting to give up on him in the first place, you're just trying to salvage the situation. He's the type of deep threat woth potential we need, and at the price I mentioned I'd go for it. Similar deep threats in the draft will go much higher. This would be a great use of one of our later comp picks. 

Agreed. Max i'm dealing is a 4th. Start with a 5th and negotiate. If someone comes in higher and scoops him up, so be it.

Corner Josh Norman ($8.5 million savings)

Tight end Jordan Reed ($6 million)

Linebacker Zach Brown ($5.75 million)

Tight end Vernon Davis ($4.9 million)

Linebacker Mason Foster ($4 million)

Defensive end Stacy McGee ($2.275 million)

I'd be okay with any of these except Norman and if they draft a stud TE.  You'd have to pay that or more to replace Norman with a good vet and our TE's can't block or stay healthy.

We won't resign Preston Smith or Crowder and it is NOT because of talent or price.  It is because both were from the 2015 draft (first Scott) and Scherff is too good.  Norman was a 2016 FA, so he might find himself at risk.  Since another TE with injury history is a FA, Reed could find himself expendable.  Hey,if by some miracle (or Snyder listens to Wormtounge 2.0) Bruce is GM next year, he also gets to get rid of Doctson and possibly Ionniadas.  That would pretty much eliminate Scott's direct work which is a huge goal for Bruce. 

Morse is a FA.  He is the guy we'd probably have taken if we'd gone after Leonard Williams.  That would be an in-your face Scott move that Bruce might like and Kujo won't even be in the running for backup (the last 2015 draft pick besides Scherff).

Tyler Eifert has an injury history but is pretty good when not injured.  He'll be cheap and a guy with injury history is Bruce's style.

We need an edge too.  Is there a guy out there with an injury history who we can get?

Archived